Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    KB. What spec would that be?
    You have to wait till Friday.. I don't want to ruin the article. But just know I expect it to absolutely take off.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    You have to wait till Friday.. I don't want to ruin the article. But just know I expect it to absolutely take off.
    So we are going to sign that big name SS spec that everyone is so crazy about in the 2021 class. I can't remember his name but if its who i'm thinking of he's the next big name spec that is on the talent level of Vlad Jr, Franco, Dominguez and those guys right?

If i'm guessing correctly thats amazing news that it looks like you'll be breaking, congrats, and i can't wait for another awesome article

So we are going to sign that big name SS spec that everyone is so crazy about in the 2021 class. I can't remember his name but if its who i'm thinking of he's the next big name spec that is on the talent level of Vlad Jr, Franco, Dominguez and those guys right?

If i'm guessing correctly thats amazing news that it looks like you'll be breaking, congrats, and i can't wait for another awesome article
    He's in that category yes. But there is more to it.

I really would like Ed Howard but honestly I think they're all just keeping that seat warm for a certain prospect.
    everything i'm reading is that they'll take the highest player on their board reguardless of position. Since we only have 3 picks in the draft they can't afford to screw it up. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't lean heavily towards college unless someone really falls

I'm really interested to see how many players that aren't drafted tonight are willing to sign for the 20k signing bonus. Lets hope the Yanks can sign a bunch of the guys that are going to slide through the cracks of the draft. U would think/hope with all this being equal that the Yanks should have a far better chance than most to sign non drafted FA's

This is supposed to be a very pitcher heavy draft and with spring ball being cancelled the more scouting we did last yr the better chance we have at drafting elite talent that other teams missed

Im going to bet the take a RHed college starter in the 1st round, if they go position player i'd expect them to stick to there pastern of draft SS and C's. There is some talk of a couple elite talent 3rd base types may drop because no one got to see them this spring. If a really special 3rd base talent falls to them it could make alot of sense because of it being the weakest position we have in the system

He's in that category yes. But there is more to it.
    Thats awesome but now i have to wait 2 more days to see it... i might have to see if i can't access it another way, lol

Thats awesome but now i have to wait 2 more days to see it... i might have to see if i can't access it another way, lol
    Lol you have to wait.

KB fan graph has both Montero and Galiz in their top 10 or so top specs. If that being a tad to kind or do they both have that kinda potential?

Roderick Arias is the top SS spec from the j2 2021 class i was talking about.. You'll be the first from what i can tell, to lick him to the Yanks.

Dominguez and Arias is a ton of elite up the middle talent to add to the farm in 3 yrs

KB lets test and see how good my source is. He said they have an "agreement" in place to sign for somewhere around 3.5m Rodrick Arias is a SH who most scouts feel is the best SS spec since Franco. Considering all the SS talent that comes from the IFA being the best since Franco is a huge compliment.
    KB what do u think about the comps of Arias and Lindor ? I've read they have a very similar tools profile

The other big name were supposed to sign for 2021 according to my buddy RHed SS is Diego Benitez for some where around 1m. Benitez is supposed to be Jesus Galiz's best friend and aprantly they both took less money to sign together.

If my source is right and we do sign Arias and he's anything close to the Franco/ Lindor comp. We could have Dominguez, Arias and Torres up the middle for a long time. Add a couple more elite pieces to those 3 and we could very easily end up with a new core

KB lets test and see how good my source is. He said they have an "agreement" in place to sign for somewhere around 3.5m Rodrick Arias is a SH who most scouts feel is the best SS spec since Franco. Considering all the SS talent that comes from the IFA being the best since Franco is a huge compliment.
    KB what do u think about the comps of Arias and Lindor ? I've read they have a very similar tools profile

The other big name were supposed to sign for 2021 according to my buddy RHed SS is Diego Benitez for some where around 1m. Benitez is supposed to be Jesus Galiz's best friend and aprantly they both took less money to sign together.

If my source is right and we do sign Arias and he's anything close to the Franco/ Lindor comp. We could have Dominguez, Arias and Torres up the middle for a long time. Add a couple more elite pieces to those 3 and we could very easily end up with a new core
    Ehh pretty close but if you want to know I can message you in private message.

"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I don't know if u guys are watching the draft but the HS kids are dropping like crazy, I wonder if the Yanks will be a little risky and go with a elite ceiling HS kid. Some team/ teams are going to hit big HRS later in this draft because of the kids who couldn't get scouted this spring and took a huge step forward no one has seen.

I really was hoping the kids the Nats just got. 6'5 3rd baseman that they believe could play 3rd in the MLB right now just coming out of HS. Massive power potential

Red Sox just drafted a kid ranked #139 at 17...WOW

Yanks pick C Austin Wells out of Arizona.

Born: Jul 12, 1999 in Las Vegas, NV United States
    Four-Year College: Arizona
    High School: Bishop Gorman HS, Las Vegas
    Ht.: 6'1" / Wt.: 200 lbs
    Bats: L / Throws: R
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Honors & Awards:
    2020 Pac-12 Spring Academic Honor Roll
    2020 Collegiate Baseball Second-Team All-American
    2020 Buster Posey National Collegiate Catcher of the Year Award watch list
    2020 Pac-12 Player of the Week (2/18)
    2020 NCBWA Third-Team Preseason All-American
    2020 Baseball America Second-Team Preseason All-American
    2020 D1Baseball Second-Team Preseason All-American
    2020 Perfect Game Second-Team Preseason All-American
    2020 Collegiate Baseball Second-Team Preseason All-American
    2019 Pac-12 Freshman of the Year
    2019 Pac-12 All-Conference Honorable Mention
    2019 D1Baseball First-Team Freshmen All-American
    2019 Baseball America First-Team Freshmen All-American
    2019 Collegiate Baseball Freshmen All-American
    2019 NCBWA First-Team Freshman All-American
    2019 Perfect Game/Rawlings Freshmen All-American
    2019 Cape Cod League All-Star (starter)
    2019 Cape Cod League Outstanding Pro Prospect
    2019 Arizona Summer Player of the Year
    Arizona 2020 (Sophomore)*
    Started in all 15 games of sophomore season...Earned recognition on the Buster Posey National Collegiate Catcher of the Year Award watch list...Hit .375 (21x56) with 12 runs scored, six doubles, two home runs, and 14 RBI...Drew more walks (17) than strikeouts (14) on the way to posting a .527 on-base percentage...Led or tied for the team lead in hits (21), doubles, total bases (33), slugging percentage (.589), walks, and on-base percentage...Notched first career Pac-12 Player of the Week award on Feb. 18 after hitting .545 (6-for-11) with four runs, four doubles, one home run, and eight RBI over the opening week of play...Put together six multi-hit performances and four multi-RBI games...Collected a season-best four hits on March 7 vs. Houston (4x5)...Logged time on defense at catcher (12 games) and left field (1 game) while also serving as the designated hitter twice...Boasted a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage over a team-leading 121 chances...Allowed just one passed ball while serving as the team's every day catcher.

Summer 2019
    Played with the Y-D Red Sox in the Cape Cod League, logging time in 42 regular season games...Earned Cape Cod League's Outstanding Pro Prospect Award at the conclusion of the season...Selected as a starter in the Cape Cod League All-Star Game...Hit .308 with 23 runs scored, 13 doubles, seven home runs, and 26 RBI...Ranked tied for third in the league in home runs and placed seventh on the circuit in RBI...Led the Red Sox in doubles, home runs, and RBI.

Arizona 2019 (Freshman)
    Pac-12 Freshman of the Year; first Arizona player to earn the award...First-Team Freshman All-American by Baseball America, D1Baseball, Collegiate Baseball, NCBWA, and Perfect Game/Rawlings...Pac-12 All-Conference Honorable Mention...Played in and started all 56 games as a freshman; first Arizona freshman to start in every game since 2013 (Kevin Newman, 55 games)...Hit .353 (78x221) with 73 runs scored, 15 doubles, seven triples, five home runs, and 60 RBI...Registered a .462 on-base percentage and a .552 slugging percentage...Set Arizona freshman records in runs scored and OBP...Set Arizona freshman conference play records with 39 runs scored, six triples, 34 RBI, 23 walks, a .597 slugging percentage, and a .465 on-base percentage...Became the only Wildcat freshman (1976-current) with at least 60 runs and 60 RBI in a single season...Led the team, the Pac-12, and all Division I freshmen with 73 runs scored...Reached base safely in 28 straight games from February 23 - April 14; hit .371 (39x105) with 33 runs, eight doubles, three triples, two home runs, 23 RBI, and 22 walks during that stretch...Ranked second on the team with 24 multi-hit games and ranked fourth on the squad with 16 multi-RBI performances...Drove in two RBI six times, three RBI six times, four RBI twice, and five RBI twice...Hit a home run in his first collegiate at-bat, becoming the first Arizona player to do so since Jon Gaston accomplished the feat on February 3, 2006...Went 4-for-5 with three runs scored, one triple, one home run, and three RBI on April 5 against Washington...Went 4-for-5 with three runs scored, one double, one home run, and five RBI on May 17 at Penn State.

Yanks have a type. Power, walks, and strikeouts.

Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast