Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559
Results 8,371 to 8,376 of 8376
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Me too but I wonder if thats just due to our preference for watching all-time greats at their apex. Thats a good q tho, I'd have to think about it but its prolly between the 99 squad or the one where they swept the Cavs, that was Timmy's final season at anything approaching his prior peak self. Old age and the rule changes took away from his game so he had to reshape his skillset and physique in the coming years to regain his defensive prowess.
    It's crazy to think of Timmy when you realize he could have done so much more it's just his team didn't ask him to be more of a scorer. He just did what they wanted him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Me too but I wonder if thats just due to our preference for watching all-time greats at their apex. Thats a good q tho, I'd have to think about it but its prolly between the 99 squad or the one where they swept the Cavs, that was Timmy's final season at anything approaching his prior peak self. Old age and the rule changes took away from his game so he had to reshape his skillset and physique in the coming years to regain his defensive prowess.
    I think the 05 team that went toe to toe with Detroit was probably the best. And that was all Timmy in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I tend to agree that all 3 were probably never at their prime at the same time, but that being said, I'd most want Duncan at his prime out of all three of them.

Which of the Spurs teams do you think were the best?

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I think that was probably the worst of them, the 07 team had way more guys at their prime.

hard to go with 99 knowing the strength of the NBA as a whole that season wasn't great. Those first few post Jordan years were pretty rough

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    This debate was worth talking about in 2013 maybe. But it's been over for years. Replace Kobe with Jordan or Jabbar and it's a valid topic.
    Agreed lol