Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 511 of 549 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 8229
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    If one compares westbrook to any past great its going to be Kobe. No one is saying he is Kobe but his style of play resembles that of Kobe. Is Westbrook better than kobe was? no. Hes also not as tall as kobe was.

Shaq and Hakeem are not similar in any kind of way other than they both played center. One is beast of a player adominant one the outer is highly skilled finness player. Shaq massive size forced the nba to change rules a defensive match up nighmare for coaches.

Kobe played a midrage game. Later in his career he learned the dream shake and pump fake fade. The only move i never saw lebron do is the pump fake.
    Definitely disagree that Hakeem and shaq aren't comparable. I pick shaq ahead of Hakeem, but they are absolutely comparable. What rules did they change because of shaq?

Westbrook and kobe have completely different styles dude. I think this really shows you're not paying very close attention to the games if you think Westbrook and Kobe play similarly. Westbrook is basically trying to push the ball up the court and trying to attack the basket. Tatum plays most similarly to kobe, Westbrook plays nothing like kobe. MJ and kobe played alike, Westbrook plays nothing like those guys.

I mentioned a bunch of moves that kobe does that LBJ does not do (e.g., the step through out of the post), but most importantly it does not matter whether you can do the move, it matters how effectively those moves are done and that's why LBJ couldn't play like kobe. Being able to do a move doesn't mean anything if you can't do the move highly effectively and consistently.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-29-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Definitely disagree that Hakeem and shaq aren't comparable. I pick shaq ahead of Hakeem, but they are absolutely comparable. What rules did they change because of shaq?

Westbrook and kobe have completely different styles dude. I think this really shows you're not paying very close attention to the games if you think Westbrook and Kobe play similarly. Westbrook is basically trying to push the ball up the court and trying to attack the basket. Tatum plays most similarly to kobe, Westbrook plays nothing like kobe. MJ and kobe played alike, Westbrook plays nothing like those guys.

I mentioned a bunch of moves that kobe does that LBJ does not do (e.g., the step through out of the post), but most importantly it does not matter whether you can do the move, it matters how effectively those moves are done and that's why LBJ couldn't play like kobe. Being able to do a move doesn't mean anything if you can't do the move highly effectively and consistently.
    One would pick shaq ahead of Hakeem because of his dominance and impact. If you got a young KAT one would prefer teachings from Hakeem.

league changed how zone defense was played

Kobe changed his game as he got older. Athletic peak Kobe and athletic peak Westbrook had very similar offensive style.

Lebron did all those. right now he dont play in the post much since Lakers have two centers and Davis.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-30-2020 at 09:57 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_LIGSy_vS4 west brook and the mamba mentality.

"When Russell Westbrook runs the lane and takes off for a slam dunk, even the most athletic big men cannot stop his explosiveness. The kind of heart and passion he plays with resonates with the Mamba Mentality that Kobe Bryant represents.

Whatever the team needs to win, Westbrook provides in torrential efforts. When the team is lagging behind in points, Westbrook pours in big numbers. He led the 2016-17 season in scoring with 31.6 points per game. Sounds familiar? Kobe Bryant had a very similar prolific ability to score at will, owning scoring titles in the 2006-07 (also 31.6 points) and 2005-06 (35.4 points) seasons."
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-29-2020 at 10:57 PM.

One would pick shaq ahead of Hakeem because of his dominance and impact. If you got a young KAT one would prefer teachings from Hakeem.

league changed how zone defense was played

Kobe changed his game as he got older. Athletic peak Kobe and athletic peak Westbrook had very similar offensive style.
    Kobe was always super skilled. He started relying less on his athleticism as he got older, but he was super skilled from very early on. Kobe just developed a lot more skills as he got older, but it was always far more than anything Westbrook has ever had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_LIGSy_vS4 west brook and the mamba mentality.

"When Russell Westbrook runs the lane and takes off for a slam dunk, even the most athletic big men cannot stop his explosiveness. The kind of heart and passion he plays with resonates with the Mamba Mentality that Kobe Bryant represents.

Whatever the team needs to win, Westbrook provides in torrential efforts. When the team is lagging behind in points, Westbrook pours in big numbers. He led the 2016-17 season in scoring with 31.6 points per game. Sounds familiar? Kobe Bryant had a very similar prolific ability to score at will, owning scoring titles in the 2006-07 (also 31.6 points) and 2005-06 (35.4 points) seasons."
    The styles are so different dude and Westbrook doesn't have the mamba mentality. If he did, he would've learnt to play winning basketball and adapt and modify his game to get the job done, which he has still yet to do.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 09-29-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Kobe was always super skilled. He started relying less on his athleticism as he got older, but he was super skilled from very early on. Kobe just developed a lot more skills as he got older, but it was always far more than anything Westbrook has ever had.
    Maybe he was but i know he worked out hard in the off seasons to improve his game once it was clear at some point he would not be able to rely on being the most athletic. Besides the size difference this is also where Russell laggs behind. He is still trying to out run out jump even also like Kobe got a bumed knee.

If he wanted I think Lebron would have to take a game and imitate Kobe for some to realize he can play like Kobe if he wanted. The one area he will fall short is ft shooting. Enough data have been collected over the years and itís clear Lebron cannot shoot free throws consistently as good as Kobe did. This clearly suggest Kobe is the better shooter overall he just took tough shots. I also think Kobe could have imitate Lebron for a game or two but just would not have been able to sustain it.

Record between the two over the years 16-6 in favor of Lebron.
    Give Kobe Lebron's build and you have the GOAT. Give LeBron Kobe's build and you just cloned Igoudala. Kobe is an artist or maestro. LeBron is a tank. Despite LeBron's physical gifts, he doesn't have the offensive arsenal of Kobe and is a bit worse on the defensive end. We also agree that Kobe was the better shooter as well. As great as LeBron is(top 5), he ain't no Kobe.

The only reason Kobe is slighted in these arguments is because he has been cursed by the media(the Nick Wrights) for being a "Robin". I don't know if you guys were watching him during his 3 peat run but I can promise you that Kobe in no universe was a Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    Give Kobe Lebron's build and you have the GOAT. Give LeBron Kobe's build and you just cloned Igoudala. Kobe is an artist or maestro. LeBron is a tank. Despite LeBron's physical gifts, he doesn't have the offensive arsenal of Kobe and is a bit worse on the defensive end. We also agree that Kobe was the better shooter as well. As great as LeBron is(top 5), he ain't no Kobe.

The only reason Kobe is slighted in these arguments is because he has been cursed by the media(the Nick Wrights) for being a "Robin". I don't know if you guys were watching him during his 3 peat run but I can promise you that Kobe in no universe was a Robin.

alright i am legit done with this thread... we have dupes and **** of bigmoves or another laker fan all because lebron is that much better than kobe... its hilarious but congrats and keep telling yourselves kobe is anywhere close... my god 513 pages where 1 dude has over 25 percent of the posts trying to over compensate... Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

alright i am legit done with this thread... we have dupes and **** of bigmoves or another laker fan all because lebron is that much better than kobe... its hilarious but congrats and keep telling yourselves kobe is anywhere close... my god 513 pages where 1 dude has over 25 percent of the posts trying to over compensate... Good luck
    Kobe is not only close but ahead. Cheers friend

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post

Give Kobe Lebrons body and he drives to the lane more and cut back on the midrage fade double pump and hisfg% would go up.

If lebron had kobe size it would force him to work on other parts of his game. Its like shaq. If he was not so big he could not rely on being able to push the smaller players around. His dominance was created with his size advantage. No need to play like a small player.

When i say Lebron can play like Kobe i dont mean he will look exactly like kobe and move around like a guard. What i mean you dont have to shrink him in a what if. All lebron would need to do is look to score more and be more by volume, the time you spend looking for a play to unfold just be agressive on offense. His fg% would go down, assist would go down but he would of avg 33ppg easy.

No the only reason why is the game was changing and fans had more access to media. the same media talks that way about Lebron. yes he was a Robin on the team and he knew this. He was a young player to the more dominant vet shaq. He improved all 3 years during that time and by the 3 year he was a beast but also picked up a knee which did not hamper him much. Maybe if Shaq was not there then your right but that also meant no rings so soon. Sure he would have put up more points. MJ went true the monster numbers with no help thing and we also saw this from Westbrook once KD left. they all have a similar approach they all post a similar high usage rate.

The reason i put Westbook in that group is not because he is great like them but its because his approach and style. They are intense volume shooters. KD and westbrook could have won a ring but KD left for GSW. Obviously Westbrook is smaller, not as good of a shooter and the game is no longer mid range heavy. So by no means am i calling Westbrook a kobe or a MJ but he is in that group.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-30-2020 at 09:33 AM.

yeah i can tell its him too but its all good.

The styles are so different dude and Westbrook doesn't have the mamba mentality. If he did, he would've learnt to play winning basketball and adapt and modify his game to get the job done, which he has still yet to do.
    Yes he does have the Mamba intensity. Hes just not as good or big but they approach the game the same. I would never say Westbrook plays like a Jason Kidd, A stave Nash, A Magic. However i can say is he approch the game like kobe.

we have Kobe saying he had his mentality and we have Jerry West on "WE'RE LOOKING AT A REINCARNATION OF MICHAEL JORDAN.

Yes hes not as good i think we can agree on that but these guys are similar. I am not talking about thier accomplishments. Sure MJ and Kobe did a better job at remolding their game and not to stress they had a size advantage.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ed...35&do=editpost take a look at the list and you will see a pattern of agressive shooting. It have to have a reason ones name keeps poping up. I am not saying its a bad thing the goal of the game is the team with the most points wins. What i am pointing out is these guys approch the game similar. And its more noticeable when thier team is not that good. https://www.basketball-reference.com...ga_yearly.html
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-30-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Give Kobe Lebrons body and he drives to the lane more and cut back on the midrage fade double pump and hisfg% would go up.

If lebron had kobe size it would force him to work on other parts of his game. Its like shaq. If he was not so big he could not rely on being able to push the smaller players around. His dominance was created with his size advantage. No need to play like a small player.

When i say Lebron can play like Kobe i dont mean he will look exactly like kobe and move around like a guard. What i mean you dont have to shrink him in a what if. All lebron would need to do is look to score more and be more by volume, the time you spend looking for a play to unfold just be agressive on offense. His fg% would go down, assist would go down but he would of avg 33ppg easy.

No the only reason why is the game was changing and fans had more access to media. the same media talks that way about Lebron. yes he was a Robin on the team and he knew this. He was a young player to the more dominant vet shaq. He improved all 3 years during that time and by the 3 year he was a beast but also picked up a knee which did not hamper him much. Maybe if Shaq was not there then your right but that also meant no rings so soon. Sure he would have put up more points. MJ went true the monster numbers with no help thing and we also saw this from Westbrook once KD left. they all have a similar approach they all post a similar high usage rate.

The reason i put Westbook in that group is not because he is great like them but its because his approach and style. They are intense volume shooters. KD and westbrook could have won a ring but KD left for GSW. Obviously Westbrook is smaller, not as good of a shooter and the game is no longer mid range heavy. So by no means am i calling Westbrook a kobe or a MJ but he is in that group.
    If you mean can LBJ score more points by taking more shots, yes of course he can do that...literally every player who has ever played can do that. However, that is a far different from being able to play like Kobe. Your boys Nick young. Michael Beasley, Dion Waiters, and J.R. Smith can also score more points by taking more shots, but they'd be as close to playing more like kobe than LBJ would. If you want to say that LBJ can score more by shooting more than cool (although he already shoots more than kobe did for his career so not really sure how much more volume you want LBJ to take). However, please don't mistake that for him playing like Kobe. Those are two very different things and it's pretty clear that LBJ could not play anything like kobe and still be an effective player, let alone elite.

So now you're responding to other posters and accusing them of being me??? That's a pretty steep low to stoop to. What it shows is that whenever there is a dissenting opinion on here you guys jump on those posters and drive them away and then say, "see no one but one guy believes kobe is better", when in fact I'm simply the only one who's stuck around. Just so we're clear, you guys accused Romeo Naes of being me at one point when he joined the discussion. I was also accused of being kobe himself multiple times on here. Now you guys are accusing FinalFlash of being me. Ask any of the mods to check the ISPs to verify that we're different posters.

I have never created a dupe account or had my account band and created another. I post under the same account and it's never crossed my mind to make a dupe. This is simply a baseless accusation on your part because it apparently bothers you a great amount that others don't agree with you. It's bizarre if I'm being honest.

yeah i can tell its him too but its all good.
    This is a pretty cowardly post dude and it's frankly disrespectful to me. Why would I need to create a dupe??? That's super weak on your part. I'm not surprised from MTM, but I did expect a little better from you.