Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 549 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 8229
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Did we not establish Kobe had shaq to lean on and a good support in Phil? Lebron did not have that
    Yeah, I never denied that...but LBJ had two stars that he hand-picked on two separate occasions and kobe never had that.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, I never denied that...but LBJ had two stars that he hand-picked on two separate occasions and kobe never had that.
    He had big Z and Salis was a good and respected coach. LeBron ran him out of town for trying make him play off ball but why shouldn’t he get to pick a new coach and set of teammates every year?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    387
    What is the excuse going to be for Lebron when he loses early in the west playoffs because he has to play real times the whole way for once?

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He had big Z and Salis was a good and respected coach. LeBron ran him out of town for trying make him play off ball but why shouldn’t he get to pick a new coach and set of teammates every year?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I forgot about Silas. Good memory!

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,927
    holy hell where is my post? this guy has tenacity ill give him that. its a shame hes such a homer but ill read his diatribes for sure. PSD needs more numbskulls.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    holy hell where is my post? this guy has tenacity ill give him that. its a shame hes such a homer but ill read his diatribes for sure. PSD needs more numbskulls.
    Ah, back to tell us more about how Duncan drastically turned around a horrible franchise, I see. Yep, they only won an average of over 60 games over the previous 2 seasons before everyone getting hurt, had the best record in the league 2 years before, and finished 2nd in the west the year before...and finished in the top 2 in the west in 4 of the previous 7 years. Sounds to me like you might have the numbskull department covered quite well...

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    387
    lebron is getting beat by patrick beverly tonight. legoat?

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Dude, this is kind of silly. Obviously it depends on what question they are being asked. Jordan is making a team on the link you sent. If someone is asked "who would you take between players a and b?" and they respond "Player A" they're likely picking Player A as being better. By your logic, any list that is made that doesn't explicitly state that those players are better than the ones they are ranked ahead of wouldn't mean just that...only that those players are ranked in that order. Clearly MJ ranking kobe ahead of LBJ amounts to him picking Kobe over LBJ. If I say I would rank Kobe ahead of lbj it's naturally assumed that I'm saying kobe is better lol. If mj would say the opposite and I would come in here arguing your point the entire forum would explode. You also wouldn't be scrutinizing this nearly to that extent. These aren't lawyers in a courtroom. Its common everyday discourse. We all know what this means and you do too lol.
    It seems like it means what you want it to mean when it suits your argument and doesn't when it does not. That's what it looks like. I am scrutinizing this because you claimed a number of players all said Kobe was better, and yet when looking at the actual quotes, very few actually said Kobe was better.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, I never denied that...but LBJ had two stars that he hand-picked on two separate occasions and kobe never had that.
    The only difference is Kobe never got to hand pick his stars, he just got them without any effort on his part.

    Rank these supporting casts around LeBron and Kobe:

    Shaq and Co during Kobe's first 3-peat
    Pau, Odom, Bynum, Artest, etc. during Kobe's back to backs
    Wade, Bosh, Allen, and Co during Bron's Heat run
    Kyrie, Love, TT, JR Smith, etc. during Bron's 2nd Cavs run


    Which supporting cast do you think were best? Which were worst?

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,061
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He had big Z and Salis was a good and respected coach. LeBron ran him out of town for trying make him play off ball but why shouldn’t he get to pick a new coach and set of teammates every year?
    Wait, LeBron had THE Paul Silas as his coach?? 387 wins/488 losses Silas?

    That's even better than playing next to Shaq with Phil lousy 11 rings as coach. I change my answer: clearly LeBron's teams were far more stacked than Kobe's.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems like it means what you want it to mean when it suits your argument and doesn't when it does not. That's what it looks like. I am scrutinizing this because you claimed a number of players all said Kobe was better, and yet when looking at the actual quotes, very few actually said Kobe was better.
    When someone says "I pick Kobe over lbj" or "I rank kobe ahead of lbj" it seems pretty self-explanatory to me, just like when someone says something like "I have mj at #1" it seems pretty clear what they mean. Sure, technically, that last quote could mean anything, maybe they have mj#1 on their speed dial, but it likely means they think he's the GOAT. I'm perfectly okay if you want to hold off on accepting what those players have said as evidence in favor of kobe because you think it's vague (it as after all possible that everyone just has mj as the first person on their speed dial). I think mostly everyone else would think it's pretty clear what those players mean and I'm 100% comfortable with my interpretation (note, I didn't specify, which interpretation I am referring to here so it's possible it could be anything lol). Maybe the next time a woman turns me down for a date I should think "hmm, she technically didn't say she wasn't interested in me specifically." Her telling me "no thanks, I'd rather not" could mean anything" lol
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-23-2019 at 11:59 AM.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,696
    For me it will always be Kobe over LeBron.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The only difference is Kobe never got to hand pick his stars, he just got them without any effort on his part.

    Rank these supporting casts around LeBron and Kobe:

    Shaq and Co during Kobe's first 3-peat
    Pau, Odom, Bynum, Artest, etc. during Kobe's back to backs
    Wade, Bosh, Allen, and Co during Bron's Heat run
    Kyrie, Love, TT, JR Smith, etc. during Bron's 2nd Cavs run


    Which supporting cast do you think were best? Which were worst?
    Umm, in what world was Odom a star? How was Bynum a star? I know he made 1 all-star game, but it's quite a stretch to call him a star (also, he wasn't part of the 09 title run due to injury and then played the entire 2010 title run with a knee injury and was nowhere near 100%). Artest had some good years prior to joining the lakers, but never played anywhere near anything that would resemble an all-star caliber player with the lakers.

    And yes, we definitely agree, kobe never got to hand pick his players, which means we don't have to weigh his titles down for title hopping like we do with LBJ and KD.

    This issue has already come up on the thread as far as who had the better supporting cast. I think LBJ had the better supporting cast. I would say that both of LBJ's supporting casts were better than either of Kobe's. Kobe has played with 5 all-star caliber teammates his entire career (2 were during his second year in Eddie jones and van excel), only one of which was a superstar in shaq. LBJ has now played with 5 superstars (2 of which were top 5 players) and all of which were arguably top 10 players prior to joining LBJ. LBJ also had mo Williams, Big Z, and Antawn Jamison who were all-stars (although Jamison wasn't an all-star alongside LBJ, but was the season before, his production though alongside LBJ was all-star caliber). I think LBJ has definitely had more help...and went through much weaker competition than kobe because the east was horrible during that time and they would maybe play 1 playoffs caliber team (if that) prior to the finals (note that this team was often on par with the 8th or 9th seeded team in the west).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-23-2019 at 11:59 AM.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Umm, in what world was Odom a star? How was Bynum a star? I know he made 1 all-star game, but it's quite a stretch to call him a star (also, he wasn't part of the 09 title run due to injury and then played the entire 2010 title run with a knee injury and was nowhere near 100%). Artest had some good years prior to joining the lakers, but never played anywhere near anything that would resemble an all-star caliber player.

    And yes, we definitely agree, kobe never got to hand pick his players, which means we don't have to weigh his titles down for title hopping like we do with LBJ and KD.

    This issue has already come up on the thread as far as who had the better supporting cast. I think LBJ had the better supporting cast. I would say that both of LBJ's supporting casts were better than either of Kobe's. Kobe has played with 5 all-star caliber teammates his entire career (2 were during his second year in Eddie jones and van excel), only one of which was a superstar in shaq. LBJ has now played with 5 superstars (2 of which were top 5 players) and all of which were arguably top 10 players prior to joining LBJ. LBJ also had mo Williams, Big Z, and Antawn Jamison who were all-stars (although Jamison wasn't an all-star alongside LBJ, but was the season before, his production though alongside LBJ was all-star caliber). I think LBJ has definitely had more help...and went through much weaker competition than kobe because the east was horrible during that time and they would maybe play 1 playoffs caliber team (if that) prior to the finals (note that this team was often on par with the 8th or 9th seeded team in the west).
    hahahahaha. Dude, you remind me of this place 8 years ago.

    Look, your arguments are all off base, you are clearly a Kobe stans, and that is fine, been a while since I have read the drivel his fans post, but regardless, LeBron is absolutely, by far and away, the better player. Just is. Nothing you can post changes that. Literally nothing. Like I said, LeBron's peers are MJ, Wilt, and KAJ. Kobe's are Bird, Russell, Moses, and Magic. They are both great, but Kobe isn't sniffing top 3-4 ever, while LeBron is already there.

    I do admire your fight. But it's very alarming anyone with a brain could actually think this is a debate.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,242
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Wait, LeBron had THE Paul Silas as his coach?? 387 wins/488 losses Silas?

    That's even better than playing next to Shaq with Phil lousy 11 rings as coach. I change my answer: clearly LeBron's teams were far more stacked than Kobe's.
    I love ewing, but he had his girl and job taken away by LeBron the way he acts regarding anything LeBron. No idea why he is so off his rocker when it comes to the guy

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •