Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    I honestly thought this debate was settled in 2013, it's Lebron by a mile. Kobe is a top 10-15 player all time, but Lebron is the 2nd greatest player of all time and the only player who can be compared to Jordan. Jordan has the peak, but Lebron will have the longevity. Kobe doesn't hold a candle, and that's a testament to Lebron, not a knock on Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I suppose a lot of LBJ's teammates and those who competed against both in their primes (not to mention some of the most respected players of all time) must not all be there, huh? lol

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/and-...lebron.703710/
    cause players, and ex-players, are so awesome at evaluation hahaha

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Kobe the legend is far better than the real version of kobe.

Kobe was such a god aweful chucker, that opposing teams scouting report said its a good thing if kobe shoots a terrible shot and makes it because that meant he would shoot 3 more right after that everytime he touched the ball.

Kobes undeserved finals mvps, and rings that his bigs delivered to him, made him look far better than he really was.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Kobe was such a god aweful chucker, that opposing teams scouting report said its a good thing if kobe shoots a terrible shot and makes it because that meant he would shoot 3 more right after that everytime he touched the ball.

Kobes undeserved finals mvps, and rings that his bigs delivered to him, made him look far better than he really was.
    Why did Kobe not deserve finals MVP? Against Boston Kobe led 6 out of 7 games in scoring. Only game he didnít lead in scoring was when Allen broke the most 3 pointers made in a finals game. Thatís what it took to keep up with Kobe.

Kobe won a title with Gasol who wasnít even a top 5 player at his position in his own confrence

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Lebron
    Fixed

Both are amazing players but Lebron the BEST!

I have to be honest I didn't watch much of Lebron before he got to LA but what I have seen is a player who pushes teammates out of the way for rebounds, holds the ball for the entire shot clock to wait for an assist pass and when one doesn't come passes to a covered teammate so they can take the last second shot to protect Lebron's shooting percentage and efficiency. No defense and couldn't even make the playoffs. I'd take last year Kobe over what I saw from Lebron this last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    cause players, and ex-players, are so awesome at evaluation hahaha
    Players on the floor generally know who the better players are, as do teammates. Most analysts are mostly former players at some level (usually former pros or college players). The big difference however is that "analysts" work for a company and there is a monetary incentive to push whatever current players are in the league. It essentially amounts to propaganda. It's not marketable to say "our current players (i.e., product) are pretty good, but they aren't as good as our players from 10 years ago. That is, analysts have an incentive to sell a product, former players and teammates (especially those that aren't analysts) do not. I would go with the people who arent trying to sell me something on these type of matters.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-16-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michael811 View Post
    I have to be honest I didn't watch much of Lebron before he got to LA but what I have seen is a player who pushes teammates out of the way for rebounds, holds the ball for the entire shot clock to wait for an assist pass and when one doesn't come passes to a covered teammate so they can take the last second shot to protect Lebron's shooting percentage and efficiency. No defense and couldn't even make the playoffs. I'd take last year Kobe over what I saw from Lebron this last season.
    Shhhh, you're going to upset the ESPN-driven narrative lol. Excellent observation though. That's actually why LBJ has inflated stats. There are several other great players who could put up those type of numbers (if not better) if they played that style, but that's not really a winning style of basketball, and hence why LBJ has needed to play on super teams to win titles. I've always been of the opinion that if LBJ played a more winning type of basketball he would have a lot more titles, but might not have the numbers to back up being in the top 10 (although he still might because he is a great player). To me, winning is far more important though.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-16-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Players on the floor generally know who the better players are, as do teammates. Most analysts are mostly former players at some level (usually former pros or college players). The big difference however is that "analysts" work for a company and there is a monetary incentive to push whatever current players are in the league. It essentially amounts to propaganda. It's not marketable to say "our current players (i.e., product) are pretty good, but they aren't as good as our players from 10 years ago. That is, analysts have an incentive to sell a product, former players and teammates (especially those that aren't analysts) do not. I would go with the people who arent trying to sell me something on these type of matters.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

His bigs delivered him a title?? Kobe was the best all-around player in the league in 2001 and 2002 (arguably in 2000 as well) and was the second best player in the league during the last two of the 3-peat. He was the best player in the league in 2009 and 2010 and won a title without another superstar. How exactly did Gasol deliver Kobe 2 titles? Kobe is frankly the only superstar to ever win a title (besides Dirk) in the past 40 years without another superstar teammate and definitely the only one to win a back-to-back.

Also, your post implies that kobe was inefficient, which is frankly demonstrably false. Kobe shot 45% for his career from the field (and did it without guarding his percentage). That's simply not inefficient even by todays standards where defenses can't guard players so fg% and scoring are way up as a result. More importantly, for the massive majority of Kobe's career, his fg% was actually above the league average, that is, he was above average in terms of efficiency (which is inflated by big men who don't take outside shots). Sorry to burst your bubble there buddy, but look it up for yourself (that also ignores that kobe played through a ton of injuries, many of which he was supposed to be out for weeks and sometimes months, which led to a decrease in his percentage).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-16-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Players on the floor and teammates are still claiming Carmelo Anthony is a good player. Obviously, their analysis is not foolproof.

Page 4 of 102 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast