Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Its part of the reason, but Bron has superior stats everywhere. So Bron is just superior period. When it comes to Drob and Dream, I have them at a virtual tie to be honest. Drob is my favorite player of all time so it’s tough to see him get so disrespected.
    Except in the postseason, which we already mentioned in the other thread. Also, stats do a poor job of capturing defensive impact, where Hakeem was clearly the superior player.

Seriously, dude, you've gotta let that one go...

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Except in the postseason, which we already mentioned in the other thread. Also, stats do a poor job of capturing defensive impact, where Hakeem was clearly the superior player.

Seriously, dude, you've gotta let that one go...
    I disagree with your take on defense

When looking at strictly centers
    David Robinson ranks
    Peak Vorp #1 center all time
    Peak BPM #1 center all time
    Peak WS/48 #3 center all time (behind Kareem and Wilt)
    Defensive Rating #3 center all time (behind Ben Wallace and Elvin Hayes)
    PEak PER #3 center (behind Wilt and AD)

There was not a single advanced stat I could find that Dream was ahead of Admiral (NOT ONE). And in most cases Admiral was waaaaay ahead of him. This also hides true for Tim Duncan. Most people just don’t know how disgustingly dominant Admiral was. Just crap team with a different first year coach every single year of his career.
    Check playoff numbers. Hakeem is better at all of them. You keep hyping up regular season numbers like they are more important than playoff numbers. If D-Rob played as well in the playoffs as he did in the regular season, he'd have more rings. But he didn't so he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Check playoff numbers. Hakeem is better at all of them. You keep hyping up regular season numbers like they are more important than playoff numbers. If D-Rob played as well in the playoffs as he did in the regular season, he'd have more rings. But he didn't so he doesn't.
    I disagree/my sample size is 20x larger

I disagree with your take on defense
    OK? Care to elaborate on that?

Edit: Also, can we please stop talking about Dream and Robinson in this thread? There's another thread devoted to that (tired) debate already. Let's leave this thread to the separate (also tired) debate about two completely different players.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    OK? Care to elaborate on that?

Edit: Also, can we please stop talking about Dream and Robinson in this thread? There's another thread devoted to that (tired) debate already. Let's leave this thread to the separate (also tired) debate about two completely different players.
    Yes, Ewing’s fault for bringing them into it

Yes, Ewing’s fault for bringing them into it
    you made 2 bad threads

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    you made 2 bad threads
    And you got highest post count in one of them

And you got highest post count in one of them
    Someone had to save the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Anyone who says Kobe is f'd in the head

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I suppose a lot of LBJ's teammates and those who competed against both in their primes (not to mention some of the most respected players of all time) must not all be there, huh? lol

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/and-...lebron.703710/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Act like it

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I suppose a lot of LBJ's teammates and those who competed against both in their primes (not to mention some of the most respected players of all time) must not all be there, huh? lol

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/and-...lebron.703710/
    They loved Kobe competitive fire that was shared with MJ the one thing Lebron lacks.

I know we have been at this for a while . MJ is the goat in everyone eyes and the only other player that has that killer scoring mentality besides MJ was Kobe. So he must be the closest but its not so simple. Kobe was relentless and would go 1vs5 so these guys saw that first hand. However Lebron is the bigger stronger more all around player and would rather pass the ball than going 1vs5. To some they look at it as being timid and dont have that relentless drive like Kobe. Being more passive make it seem like Kobe was better but hes not.

Lets look at Magic. Kobe is the better player right? Well magic have 5 rings to and his career was cut short. Won a ring as a rookie with no Kareem who was viewed as the best player on the team. from PG to playing Center

If Lebron wanted to be an offensive minded player he could have but hes more gifted.

Let lebron complete his career and come back and ask them later. all they keep saying is Kobe was more competitive but thats not the question.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-08-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    They loved Kobe competitive fire that was shared with MJ the one thing Lebron lacks.

I know we have been at this for a while . MJ is the goat in everyone eyes and the only other player that has that killer scoring mentality besides MJ was Kobe. So he must be the closest but its not so simple. Kobe was relentless and would go 1vs5 so these guys saw that first hand. However Lebron is the bigger stronger more all around player and would rather pass the ball than going 1vs5. To some they look at it as being timid and dont have that relentless drive like Kobe. Being more passive make it seem like Kobe was better but hes not.

Lets look at Magic. Kobe is the better player right? Well magic have 5 rings to and his career was cut short. Won a ring as a rookie with no Kareem who was viewed as the best player on the team. from PG to playing Center

If Lebron wanted to be an offensive minded player he could have but hes more gifted.

Let lebron complete his career and come back and ask them later. all they keep saying is Kobe was more competitive but thats not the question.
    I'm not sure Kobe is better than Magic, actually...and that's not what those guy are saying. Go look up each of the links.

Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast