Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 228 of 240 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3597
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    At the same time with what has been said before you can say that getting 3 wins and taking the seri s to 7 to begin with is an accomplishment, no? Or that Warriors coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win it is some miraculous accomplishment?

It's not black or white, there's too much grey areas and yet people want to simplify everything and moan about everyone who's not following their simplicity.
    Simple one team displayed clutch Performance the other choked under pressure and panicked. All you needed was one Solid 4th quarter in three tries to seal the deal. Anytime two teams play one will be the winner and one will be the loser. You donít get get swept or lose in the first round. Its worst than losing in the final in 6 or 7 games. Itís one thing to lose and another be embarrassed.

Yes it have different levels to losing. If you were a boxer would you prefer to be knocked out in the 1st round or the judges decision? One is a embarrassing lost that could be career ending. The other you left the ring with your pride In tact.

Do you like watching a competitive game or a lopsided game. Itís as simple as that.
    Last edited by ldawg; 02-18-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Dallas like Celtics was a group of seasoned stars that came together and won. Given their age their window was short but your pretty much saying they were scrubs. With Lebrons age Lakers should have no shot this season to win the title. Maybe you can use another word for his performance but choke donít fit.
    I think it's a choke. I understand the defense was geared towards stopping him but he was too hesitant at times. If I didn't know better I would think he threw the game.

My only question is, how many years till he makes up for 1 awful finals, can we hold that against him if he wins this year?

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Did MJ choked not beating Detroit, Did Shaq choked not beating Houston and the couple of seasons before Phil joined LA, Did Kings Choked, Blazers, Spurs, OKC, What about the First Season Pau joined Lakers, etc. Why folks making it so hard to accept the better team won not the Biggest Names.
    MJ never truly choked tho. Nick Anderson choked on behalf of shaq. Kings choked but not in the same fashion, they were an elite team that put up a helluva fight. First season with Paul was like 36 games or something but they lost to a better team

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This makes no sense. Getting farther in the playoffs is always better than not. Choking in the 1st round for a superstar on a title contender is worse than choking in the Finals.

Youíre saying if LeBron had done the exact same thing only in the 1st round instead of the Finals thatís be better? Thatís like saying Tracy McGrady has a more impressive playoff resume than Karl Malone because at least he didnít lose in the Finals.
    The bigger the stage, the bigger the choke. If your team was good enough to make it all the way to the NBA Finals, it mean they definitely had the talent to perceivably win it all. Especially, when you are the odds on favorites not only at the beginning of the regular season, post season, and again in the NBA Finals. Sometimes, it can be attributed to a team, or multiple team members. In this case of 2011, everyone pretty much did their part except for LeBron who only scored 11 points total in all of the fourth quarters that series in close games. All of those games, the Heat were in striking distance and it's not like his supporting cast was getting out played at any given moment where it would take the "Heat" (pun intended) off of him. He literally went invisible. Greatest individual choke by an all-time great in NBA history. Sometimes, you just lose to the better team. This was not that case. Choke.
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 02-19-2020 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    There it is... the ole its better to lose in the 1st round rather than in the finals take. I love this one.
    Are people making cases that these first round willies you speak of to be the second GOAT of All-Time? Or even the bigger fanatics who call him the GOAT? The bigger the shoes to fill, the more we will nitpick. It's both an honor and a compliment if you think about it.
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 02-19-2020 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I already gave you a hint. championship caliber team, loses in r1 (might've been r2 I'll double check later) to a vastly inferior squad while you get locked down. 4th quarters? imagine an entire series of inefficiency and no shows
    Talking about Dirk in 07? In that case, could it be proven that Dirk was the head of this choke, or was it a matchup thing like a great deal of sports pundits were even predicting before the post season at the time? Now, do people try to make arguments for Dirk to be in the GOAT conversation? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I donít listen to any of those guys (I do, however, still have my Shannon Sharpe jersey from back in the dayó-the only sports jersey I ever boughtó-didnít know he was debating basketball these days). Iíve also formed my own opinion and it just so happens to align with 99% of people on the subject.
    99% you say lol. Can you actually back that one up with some sort of data, or is this mainly theoretical on your part? I know plenty of people who don't have James in their top five. Most even have Russell in their top five and it seems most on this site do not. How can one be correct, and not the other?

You should really check out Shannon on Undisputed with Skip Bayless. They are hilarious lol. They are on FS1.

I think it's a choke. I understand the defense was geared towards stopping him but he was too hesitant at times. If I didn't know better I would think he threw the game.

My only question is, how many years till he makes up for 1 awful finals, can we hold that against him if he wins this year?
    Lol. It was literally that bad.

He played like crap in the 07 NBA Finals as well. I don't hold the loss against him in any way, don't get me wrong. Just his individual game was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    99% you say lol. Can you actually back that one up with some sort of data, or is this mainly theoretical on your part? I know plenty of people who don't have James in their top five. Most even have Russell in their top five and it seems most on this site do not. How can one be correct, and not the other?

You should really check out Shannon on Undisputed with Skip Bayless. They are hilarious lol. They are on FS1.
    Yes, I made up that number (obviously). Most of the few people Iíve known who donít have LeBron in the top five are haters and donít treat him the same way as they treat others. Itís pretty telling.

And I knew that sounded wrong. I was thinking of Sterling Sharpe. Canít stand Shannon Sharpe, canít stand Skip ****ing Bayless. No wonder youíre off on this.

The bigger the stage, the bigger the choke. If your team was good enough to make it all the way to the NBA Finals, it mean they definitely had the talent to perceivably win it all. Especially, when you are the odds on favorites not only at the beginning of the regular season, post season, and again in the NBA Finals. Sometimes, it can be attributed to a team, or multiple team members. In this case of 2011, everyone pretty much did their part except for LeBron who only scored 11 points total in all of the fourth quarters that series in close games. All of those games, the Heat were in striking distance and it's not like his supporting cast was getting out played at any given moment where it would take the "Heat" (pun intended) off of him. He literally went invisible. Greatest individual choke by an all-time great in NBA history. Sometimes, you just lose to the better team. This was not that case. Choke.
    and this right here shows that your logic is by far the most laughable of this thread... this is stupid and wrong no offense.... making it to the finals in the east and playing the warriors with durant/curry/klay/dray/iggy and thinking that team has a shot because they made the finals is laughable.

lebron beat a team that destroys any competition jordan had in the finals in the warriors WITHOUT KD..... then went and had to face a warriors team WITH a KD... alright bruh

but yo lebron had a chance against the 2nd best player in the world... the 3rd best player in the world and 2 top 20 players in the world along with the recent finals mvp in iggy........ seems legit.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-19-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Warriors get mad overrated here as usual. They were just a more polished Rockets in a period of vacuum in the league.

Had they won, they'd have to be called the GOAT team. But let's ignore how the series went on and why they collapsed. It was all because of Lebron, right?

Zero. it has a first for everything.

You never answered my questions:

1. If LeBron had done the same thing and lost to the Mavs but it happened in the first round it would not have been that bad?

2. Would you look at LeBron more favorably if instead of losing in the Finals 6 times he'd have lost in like the 1st or 2nd round all those years?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Warriors get mad overrated here as usual. They were just a more polished Rockets in a period of vacuum in the league.

Had they won, they'd have to be called the GOAT team. But let's ignore how the series went on and why they collapsed. It was all because of Lebron, right?
    This is where your hate becomes really palpable. You simply refuse to give LeBron any credit for anything.

Yes, Draymond Green got suspended for a game, but the Cavs still won the last 2 games with Dray playing, and LeBron played exceptionally well that series. I'm sure the only thing about it you remember was Kyrie's dagger 3 over Curry but the Cavs lose the series without LeBron's block just before that.

I mean, your so hateful of LeBron you literally can't give him credit for this win?

Are people making cases that these first round willies you speak of to be the second GOAT of All-Time? Or even the bigger fanatics who call him the GOAT? The bigger the shoes to fill, the more we will nitpick. It's both an honor and a compliment if you think about it.
    11 and 16 cancel each other out IMO.. as bad as he was in 2011 he was that great (if not greater) in 2016
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion