Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 240 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    LAL/Kobe fans: Kobe
    Everyone else: LeBron
    Great insight..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Great insight..
    It's not like the people who say LeBron have a heavy burden of proof though, if any burden at all. This very board has proven over the years that the poster you're quoting is mostly right.

I remember like 8 years ago when this was a debate without merit, and at this point, only the most biased/insane Kobe lovers would even try to debate this.

It's been LeBron. For 5-10 years now. By a mile.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    It's not like the people who say LeBron have a heavy burden of proof though, if any burden at all. This very board has proven over the years that the poster you're quoting is mostly right.
    we saw the shift that even neutral LAL fans started saying LeBron after 2013. At that point, it became beyond obvious, even if the numbers pointed to 4-5 years previous as LeBron being the better player (not career, but better player). But at this point, LeBron has even sailed by the career argument, and has around 10-11 seasons better individually than any season Kobe put up.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I'm not touching the Kobe minefield. He's great. Woohoo. But LeBron and MJ are in a class by themselves and suggesting that literally anyone is on their level is heresy. Y'all decide for yourselves where you wanna put Kobe in that infinite ether of "below MJ and LeBron."
    LAL/Kobe fans: Kobe
    Everyone else: LeBron
    Yeah, pretty much both of these. Lebron is my No. 2. I have Kobe at 11th.

That doesn't take anything away from Kobe Bryant. Dude was a phenomenal basketball player who I (shockingly) actually really miss watching playóa dominant, aggressive two-way player with elite athleticism and one of the best mid-range shots in league history. But he's just not on Lebron's level. Nobody aside from MJ is, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    we saw the shift that even neutral LAL fans started saying LeBron after 2013. At that point, it became beyond obvious, even if the numbers pointed to 4-5 years previous as LeBron being the better player (not career, but better player). But at this point, LeBron has even sailed by the career argument, and has around 10-11 seasons better individually than any season Kobe put up.
    Its like saying David Robinson is the same class as Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Statistics are key
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 10-07-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Statistics are key
    Since D-Rob has far superior regular season statistics than Hakeem and you use that as a basis to argue D-Rob > Dream. I'm curious, do you have LeBron > Kobe for the same reason?

Since D-Rob has far superior regular season statistics than Hakeem and you use that as a basis to argue D-Rob > Dream. I'm curious, do you have LeBron > Kobe for the same reason?
    Its part of the reason, but Bron has superior stats everywhere. So Bron is just superior period. When it comes to Drob and Dream, I have them at a virtual tie to be honest. Drob is my favorite player of all time so itís tough to see him get so disrespected.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Its like saying David Robinson is the same class as Hakeem
    well played

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Its part of the reason, but Bron has superior stats everywhere. So Bron is just superior period. When it comes to Drob and Dream, I have them at a virtual tie to be honest. Drob is my favorite player of all time so itís tough to see him get so disrespected.
    most have him 15-25 all time, that is far from disrespecting him

LeBron's better

id have kobe like 8th or 9th... lebron is def 2... anybody putting him in the top 5 annoys the hell out of me because you are basically saying he is better than shaq/duncan and he isnt. He is probably the 3rd best laker behind magic/shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    most have him 15-25 all time, that is far from disrespecting him
    When you got top 5 regular season statistics all-time, it kinda is. Statistically heís there with Kareem and Shaq. He was just on a Só- team that no player could of willed to a championship in the history of the sport. Like heís statistically waaaaay better than Kobe in every possible way...there is no way Kobe is better than him, but Kobe is top 10? F that. You sourround them with the same talent and we all know David gets you more wins. You replace Prime Drob in the Lakers with Shaq instead of Kobe and we know they donít lose ever. But Kobe is rated higher? F that...itís blatant disrespect.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 10-08-2019 at 03:51 AM.

When looking at strictly centers
    David Robinson ranks
    Peak Vorp #1 center all time
    Peak BPM #1 center all time
    Peak WS/48 #3 center all time (behind Kareem and Wilt)
    Defensive Rating #3 center all time (behind Ben Wallace and Elvin Hayes)
    PEak PER #3 center (behind Wilt and AD)

There was not a single advanced stat I could find that Dream was ahead of Admiral (NOT ONE). And in most cases Admiral was waaaaay ahead of him. This also hides true for Tim Duncan. Most people just donít know how disgustingly dominant Admiral was. Just crap team with a different first year coach every single year of his career.

Page 2 of 240 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast