Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 192 of 227 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3391
  1. #2866
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerClipperFan View Post
    Some rankings have LAbron #2, some #3. A few of them have him deeper, as low as #5.

    On a side note, IF you are a Bryantfan that hates LeBron Lakers: MANY Bryantfans headed over to Clipper Nation. I spoke to a number of Kobefans at the Clippers game last night. They are really taking to this Clipper team, and hope to see them beat Lakers in the playoffs. (Kobefan = Clipperfan)
    If true, how embarrassing. Imagine changing teams because the new guy is better than your retired guy.

    I have Lebron at #2 but i wouldn’t argue too hard a few spots. But saying he’s barely top ten? This Romeo guy has no idea what he’s talking about. And saying Bird would be better than a LeBron if he played today? A bad back is a bad back. Loads of medical advancements on a lot of things but not as much with a back like Bird had.


    This thread is about 190 pages too long by now.

  2. #2867
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    If true, how embarrassing. Imagine changing teams because the new guy is better than your retired guy.

    I have Lebron at #2 but i wouldn’t argue too hard a few spots. But saying he’s barely top ten? This Romeo guy has no idea what he’s talking about. And saying Bird would be better than a LeBron if he played today? A bad back is a bad back. Loads of medical advancements on a lot of things but not as much with a back like Bird had.


    This thread is about 190 pages too long by now.
    I can reasonably see LeBron anywhere from 8-11 range. He is in the caliber of Wilt, Hakeem, or Kobe. I just happen to prefer bigs, so I put Wilt, and Hakeem ahead of him. Also, both of their championship runs were just more impressive to me. Especially Hakeem.

    If you value accomplishments and longevity more than team impact, I can see LeBron reasonably being ranked @ number 8. I just can't have him ahead of Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal. The disparity in team impact is just way too high.

    In my opinion, peak Bird is only matched by peak Jordan. That says a lot. Bird is the ultimate teammate and leader and just as alpha as Jordan without the ego. He could literally do most everything better than LeBron in his peak/prime. The only advantage LeBron has on him is in athletic ability and longevity. Should we really reward LeBron for being lucky enough to be in an era with a ton of medical advancements and better knowledge of diet and training methods? Or being lucky enough to make enough money to afford $1mill a year on hyperbaric treatments? The inflated salaries players make today are all on the backs of guys like Bird, Magic, and Jordan anyways. Bird basically did in seven years, what it has taken LeBron 16 years to do accomplishment wise.

  3. #2868
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,071
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerClipperFan View Post
    Some rankings have LAbron #2, some #3. A few of them have him deeper, as low as #5.

    On a side note, IF you are a Bryantfan that hates LeBron Lakers: MANY Bryantfans headed over to Clipper Nation. I spoke to a number of Kobefans at the Clippers game last night. They are really taking to this Clipper team, and hope to see them beat Lakers in the playoffs. (Kobefan = Clipperfan)
    Expected...lot of Laker fans swinging on KL's sack nowadays
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 01-19-2020 at 03:59 AM.

  4. #2869
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    I can reasonably see LeBron anywhere from 8-11 range. He is in the caliber of Wilt, Hakeem, or Kobe. I just happen to prefer bigs, so I put Wilt, and Hakeem ahead of him. Also, both of their championship runs were just more impressive to me. Especially Hakeem.

    If you value accomplishments and longevity more than team impact, I can see LeBron reasonably being ranked @ number 8. I just can't have him ahead of Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal. The disparity in team impact is just way too high.

    In my opinion, peak Bird is only matched by peak Jordan. That says a lot. Bird is the ultimate teammate and leader and just as alpha as Jordan without the ego. He could literally do most everything better than LeBron in his peak/prime. The only advantage LeBron has on him is in athletic ability and longevity. Should we really reward LeBron for being lucky enough to be in an era with a ton of medical advancements and better knowledge of diet and training methods? Or being lucky enough to make enough money to afford $1mill a year on hyperbaric treatments? The inflated salaries players make today are all on the backs of guys like Bird, Magic, and Jordan anyways. Bird basically did in seven years, what it has taken LeBron 16 years to do accomplishment wise.
    I love how you argue Bird. The numbers or consecutive title wins don’t back him. But overall skills? Bird did everything. Everything. He’s the best “hustler“ player ever all time. Easily. Rebounding and defense equals “hustle”. Bird wasn’t the best at both but he was “GREAT” at both. Bird could not score like Kobe but Bird was a great scorer. He wasn’t the best passer but man he’s one of the greatest floor generals of all time. The first PF/PG. So skills wise he had it all.

    His winning don't rank at the top. Never a back to back but 3 championship makes you a level above Special. 1 makes you special and puts you on a really special list. Bird checks “maybe” the most boxes.

    Numbers are great. I won’t argue against numbers but.......

    Harden is having the meaning of special season numbers wise. Just saying.

    I agree Bird is top 10 but I still have Dream and his back to back over Bird. That’s not a bash at Bird. I have Dream over Wilt and Harden. The 2 most scoring season players we have ever seen.

  5. #2870
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,630
    No reason to pick James and then immediately bash on Kobe. James needed someone great to pass. That’s what makes you a special player. The “Next” guy up always needs that player to follow. If you feel numbers is what matters most then ok.

    Yes it’s a diss to say Kobe is any lower then 5. Like it’s a diss to say James is lower then 5.

  6. #2871
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,239
    "All these other idiots who don't play basketball and never played basketball, when they say you wanna judge a guy's greatness by number of championships ... they're idiots."

    It's safe to say Robert Horry is fed up with NBA fans using rings instead of common sense in debates ... telling TMZ Sports titles don't mean a damn thing when talkin' G.O.A.T.s.

    "Here's the thing that people are so stupid about. They measure great players by how many championships they win. It's the stupidest thing," Big Shot Bob told us at the California Strong charity softball game on Sunday.

    Of course, the reason we brought it up with Horry is because his old teammate, Kobe Bryant, recently joined the "All The Smoke" podcast and admitted he's "pissed" he didn't catch Michael Jordan in the ring count.

    But, Horry says the whole debate over championships is pointless ..."

  7. #2872
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    No reason to pick James and then immediately bash on Kobe. James needed someone great to pass. That’s what makes you a special player. The “Next” guy up always needs that player to follow. If you feel numbers is what matters most then ok.

    Yes it’s a diss to say Kobe is any lower then 5. Like it’s a diss to say James is lower then 5.
    its not at all a diss to say kobe is lower then five but you are a kobe guy per every post ever so i understand... kobe isnt 5.. i have him 8 where most have him 9-11... he isnt 5 thought sorry

  8. #2873
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    110,388
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Expected...lot of Laker fans swinging on KL's sack nowadays
    not my boy grestness or lakersgiants or the lakers fella from the lakers area... my dudes live and die by the lakers and i approve... some def went to the clips for kobe because they hate lebron but the real laker fans stayed and would rather count rings over who is the best..... boom

  9. #2874
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,071
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    "All these other idiots who don't play basketball and never played basketball, when they say you wanna judge a guy's greatness by number of championships ... they're idiots."

    It's safe to say Robert Horry is fed up with NBA fans using rings instead of common sense in debates ... telling TMZ Sports titles don't mean a damn thing when talkin' G.O.A.T.s.

    "Here's the thing that people are so stupid about. They measure great players by how many championships they win. It's the stupidest thing," Big Shot Bob told us at the California Strong charity softball game on Sunday.

    Of course, the reason we brought it up with Horry is because his old teammate, Kobe Bryant, recently joined the "All The Smoke" podcast and admitted he's "pissed" he didn't catch Michael Jordan in the ring count.

    But, Horry says the whole debate over championships is pointless ..."
    This

  10. #2875
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerClipperFan View Post
    Some rankings have LAbron #2, some #3. A few of them have him deeper, as low as #5.

    On a side note, IF you are a Bryantfan that hates LeBron Lakers: MANY Bryantfans headed over to Clipper Nation. I spoke to a number of Kobefans at the Clippers game last night. They are really taking to this Clipper team, and hope to see them beat Lakers in the playoffs. (Kobefan = Clipperfan)
    Your argument is based on other peoples and media outlets rankings? Can't form your own opinion? I can't respect anyone's opinion that can't be backed up by anything other than citing the opinions of others. You might as well say I hate LeBron because Skip Bayless told me to.

  11. #2876
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    "All these other idiots who don't play basketball and never played basketball, when they say you wanna judge a guy's greatness by number of championships ... they're idiots."

    It's safe to say Robert Horry is fed up with NBA fans using rings instead of common sense in debates ... telling TMZ Sports titles don't mean a damn thing when talkin' G.O.A.T.s.

    "Here's the thing that people are so stupid about. They measure great players by how many championships they win. It's the stupidest thing," Big Shot Bob told us at the California Strong charity softball game on Sunday.

    Of course, the reason we brought it up with Horry is because his old teammate, Kobe Bryant, recently joined the "All The Smoke" podcast and admitted he's "pissed" he didn't catch Michael Jordan in the ring count.

    But, Horry says the whole debate over championships is pointless ..."
    Who is basing it solely on rings? It's more about how they got those rings and how impressive their runs were and how much they contributed to those respective runs. Team impact in terms of winning is the number one criteria for me.

    Kobe's first three rings, Shaq was the man. Kobe's fourth ring, faced fairly weak competition in the NBA Finals. Kobe's fifth ring, he had a pathetic individual shooting performance in game seven and was basically saved by Ron Artest.

    LeBron's first ring, lock out season and fledgeling Thunder team and almost lost to an ancient Boston team in the ECF. LeBron's second ring, saved by Ray Allen last second shot. LeBron's third ring, should be titled a series of unfortunate events. Plus had Wade and Bosh to play beta roles for him as well as Kyrie and Love the second go-around.

    There is some context for you.
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 01-20-2020 at 11:59 PM.

  12. #2877
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    234
    Factor in both of their failures on the biggest stages and it's pretty easy to see that both are bottom end of top ten in best case scenario.

  13. #2878
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    266
    My opinion is consistent with every single sports network that published a player ranking. Let me repeat - it is every single one that ranks LBJ ahead of Bryant, and it's not close.

    NO published ranking agrees with your opinion.

    Don't look now, but #LAbron is on the verge of passing Bryant in all time made 3-pointers.
    ....and only 66 points from passing Bryant in points

    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Your argument is based on other peoples and media outlets rankings? Can't form your own opinion? I can't respect anyone's opinion that can't be backed up by anything other than citing the opinions of others. You might as well say I hate LeBron because Skip Bayless told me to.

  14. #2879
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Who is basing it solely on rings? It's more about how they got those rings and how impressive their runs were and how much they contributed to those respective runs. Team impact in terms of winning is the number one criteria for me.

    Kobe's first three rings, Shaq was the man. Kobe's fourth ring, faced fairly weak competition in the NBA Finals. Kobe's fifth ring, he had a pathetic individual shooting performance in game seven and was basically saved by Ron Artest.

    LeBron's first ring, lock out season and fledgeling Thunder team and almost lost to an ancient Boston team in the ECF. LeBron's second ring, saved by Ray Allen last second shot. LeBron's third ring, should be titled a series of unfortunate events. Plus had Wade and Bosh to play beta roles for him as well as Kyrie and Love the second go-around.

    There is some context for you.
    For a guy who can’t blow Larry Bird enough you sure do put him on a different criteria than others. Do you think Bosh, Kyrie or Love will be in the NBA’s Top 50 All Time list eventually? Because Bird played with 2 guys that are. And if Wade gets in he didn’t have much Top 50 All Time Impact with Lebron.

    You say Hakeem had better championship runs but how many CF did he make? And besides that last little bit in Toronto when he was past his prime he he had how many years to get there in Houston? And how many teams did Lebron take to the Finals? How many years? I love Hakeem but c’mon. Look at that team Lebron led to two wins in the Finals his first year back in Cleveland and tell me even in a series loss that that’s not impressive. Give him one of Kyrie or Love and they might have ended the Warriors run before it started.

  15. #2880
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Who is basing it solely on rings? It's more about how they got those rings and how impressive their runs were and how much they contributed to those respective runs. Team impact in terms of winning is the number one criteria for me.

    Kobe's first three rings, Shaq was the man. Kobe's fourth ring, faced fairly weak competition in the NBA Finals. Kobe's fifth ring, he had a pathetic individual shooting performance in game seven and was basically saved by Ron Artest.

    LeBron's first ring, lock out season and fledgeling Thunder team and almost lost to an ancient Boston team in the ECF. LeBron's second ring, saved by Ray Allen last second shot. LeBron's third ring, should be titled a series of unfortunate events. Plus had Wade and Bosh to play beta roles for him as well as Kyrie and Love the second go-around.

    There is some context for you.
    what about players impact? Players like Love and co put up great numbers but don’t impact the game. Very few and I mean very few could have turn all 30 teams into an instant contender. Your context goes back to team success.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-21-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •