Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 148 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3591
  1. #2206
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    So it in your book, now can we say your opinion donít matter? 50 years from now when one look 👀 through the top players Lebron will be sitting right there. It will say 3 titles, 3 finals mvp, etc. Go pull it up now I ainít lying he got 3 titles. you donít have to wait 50 years go look now. I will bet your house bank account what ever if you find different.


    In my book Kobe would not have won any rings had he not forced his was to Lakers. His career would have been just like Ai or Tmac having to carry a heavy load. could have been grant hill. Itís not like he did not get banged up.
    Except that he won 2 with the team starting more or less from scratch. It was clearly an inept front office, so we can't credit them for winning those titles. Those additional 2 titles show pretty definitively that he could have gone anywhere else and rebuilt from scratch to win a title. If it was the organization, we wouldn't have sucked for 7 years after Kobe tore his achilles...so you are wrong.

  2. #2207
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Al Jefferson never made an all star team, he would be one of those all-star caliber players weve been so fond of talking about
    Yeah, he was an all-star caliber player when he was traded.

  3. #2208
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    http://hoopsanalyst.com/?p=1927 how many rings did Kobe cost Shaq early on? And was Phil the guy to get Kobe playing well and keep him in line?
    None, because Kobe wasn't even in the starting lineup lol. Shaq cost shaq rings by being lazy and not going hard all the time. No one remembers this, but before shaq finally won one, there were pundits arguing that shaq would never win a title as the main focal point.

  4. #2209
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Is the competition now weaker or no?

    Do the 08 Celtics win the NBA if they played in this season, yes or no?
    I don't know if the competition is better, but the style of play is far weaker and the game is massively watered down because players can no longer play defense, which makes this easily the easiest time to play in the NBA in the history of the game. The game is now officiated to allow for easy statistics on offense, which leads to guys like ldawg and IKH forming these outlandish opinions which are frankly laughable.

  5. #2210
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Except that he won 2 with the team starting more or less from scratch. It was clearly an inept front office, so we can't credit them for winning those titles. Those additional 2 titles show pretty definitively that he could have gone anywhere else and rebuilt from scratch to win a title. If it was the organization, we wouldn't have sucked for 7 years after Kobe tore his achilles...so you are wrong.
    mmmmm no i love Kobe but from what i saw nothing indicate he was going to win out the triangle without Phill.

  6. #2211
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    mmmmm no i love Kobe but from what i saw nothing indicate he was going to win out the triangle without Phill.
    That's such nonsense dude. Kobe was a top 2-3 player after Phil left for 2 years, once Kobe was already older. The same exact argument you're making applies to MJ. Neither the triangle nor Phil made Kobe or MJ. MJ and Kobe made Phil, not the other way around. Who has Phil ever coached to success that didn't include 3 of the top 10 players in NBA history???
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-03-2019 at 10:33 PM.

  7. #2212
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    That's such nonsense dude. Kobe was a top 2-3 player after Phil left for 2 years, once Kobe was already older. The same exact argument you're making applies to MJ. Neither the triangle nor Phil made Kobe or MJ. MJ and Kobe made Phil, not the other way around. Who has Phil ever coached to success that didn't include 3 of the top 10 players in NBA history???
    Dude it have many players that were good and did not win a title. Is that not why i dont count rings? again you got to get in the right situation. Kobe was in a good situation AI was not.

  8. #2213
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    The coach did not make the players obviously they have talent. Putting it together and managing the players is something different. Kobe was going to be a star hell he might have scored more points but it no lock he was going to win a ring if he did not find the right situation.

  9. #2214
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Dude it have many players that were good and did not win a title. Is that not why i dont count rings? again you got to get in the right situation. Kobe was in a good situation AI was not.
    How was Kobe in a good situation after Shaq left? The team sucked and the front office showed that they were one of the worst in basketball. I fail to see how that's a good situation.

  10. #2215
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    How was Kobe in a good situation after Shaq left? The team sucked and the front office showed that they were one of the worst in basketball. I fail to see how that's a good situation.
    Why not Odom, Butlter Kobe, Or your saying like everyone else needed help and it took Pau?

  11. #2216
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    Look folks doing or did the same to Kobe that your doing to lebron but you find it crazy someone would do that to Kobe.


    "Would the Hornets have won a Championship? a) No, Kobe don't see the help he won't sign extension with the Hornet and besides he wanted to play for Lakers. Would Shaq and the Lakers win 3 chamionships? a) lakers would of got a super star..."

    "But Kobe Bryant won two in a row with the help of another all-star center, Paul Gasol.
    In fact, Kobe was so busted up physically, that Gasol should have been the MVP instead of Kobe."

  12. #2217
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-phil-jackson

    The same coach you want Lebron to win with was not good enough for Kobe. Again nothing shows Kobe was going to win with another coach. Must less without the Lakers. Lakers was going to get a star with or without kobe and he would of had to go through Shaq and who ever. Hell they might have tank to get Lebron or Sign melo Bosh. I dont know but they were going to get someone
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 11:33 PM.

  13. #2218
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Why not Odom, Butlter Kobe, Or your saying like everyone else needed help and it took Pau?
    Yeah, he eventually got help but it's not like he magically went from one good situation to another.

  14. #2219
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-phil-jackson

    The same coach you want Lebron to win with was not good enough for Kobe. Again nothing shows Kobe was going to win with another coach. Must less without the Lakers. Lakers was going to get a star with or without kobe and he would of had to go through Shaq and who ever. Hell they might have tank to get Lebron or Sign melo Bosh. I dont know but they were going to get someone
    You mean like we didn't have had a superstar over the past 7 years? If LBJ didn't come here for non-basketball reasons, we still probably wouldnt have a superstar.

  15. #2220
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    You mean like we didn't have had a superstar over the past 7 years? If LBJ didn't come here for non-basketball reasons, we still probably wouldnt have a superstar.
    Because the deal was nixed and for non basketball reasons no one wanted to play with old Kobe. So the team fell flat. Go ask another team if 7 years long. Thats the worst patch Lakers had ever or longest without playoffs.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •