Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 147 of 240 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3591
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Ok and whats the matter with that? Westbrook, KD, Harden, lbaka was all drafted to the same team? So i should sit back like old heads and hope to get lucky and be sad if i dont wishing i moved earlier? I should be stuck on cavs them keep bringing in over the hill stars or coaches that dont know how to win? while fat cat Kobe get to have prime Shaq and Prime Pau with improving Bynum twist with Odom and a hall of fame coach. To cap it was about to get CP3 with Howard but settles for Nash, Artest, Pau, Howard. No i will not sit to be lucky. don't wish i was in a better situation i am going to put myself in a better situation. Who dont like it to bad to sad. Came back to give them a title and they give him Blatt. who is this guy
    Notice how all of the teams you mentioned weren't super teams though, except for OKC. In the case of OKC, they would not have been a super team for several years nor would they have because KD would have likely split since he didn't seem to like playing with Westbrook. Again, a player can be a in a better situation, that doesn't mean they have to go form a super team. LBJ is in a good situation right now, but he doesn't have a super team. There's a big difference from having 2 top guys to go with a top 5 guy vs. having one top 5 guy and another top player.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    .... in your opinion
    Yep in my opinion...and probably many others who are being honest with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Technically the Heat traded for Lebron and Bosh

Boston gave up a ton? yea a ton of names and 2 draft picks... Al Jefferson is really the only person worth mentioning. When a superstar or a very good star gets traded the team trading away that player, never gets a fair return. It just doesn't happen.
    Yeah I agree that the wolves didn't get back a fair return. A big difference though from other more recent situations like that (e.g., AD) is that the wolves were the ones who pushed hard for that trade and KG wanted to stay there. Jefferson was an all-star player at the time and west and green were considered to have a lot of potential at that point, but you're right that the wolves didn't get an equal return.

lol are they going to be legit? he teamed with Davis and he ran to LA. he will be in the circle no matter what.
    He's not in that circle in my book. He hasn't done nearly enough to warrant that. If he never forms super teams and doesn't get that title, he probably wouldn't even be mentioned in the top 15. It's because of those titles that the discussion isn't outright absurd, but since those titles are not legit, the discussion is still not warranted (it's just not laughable to say LBJ is in the top 5).

And yes, it would be legit if he can win in LA. LBJ has AD, but that's the only star he has. He doesn't have another 3rd star. You're missing the point I've been making. It's okay to have help, it's not really okay to form an overloaded team where your team no longer needs you and they can arguably win without you and can probably win by replacing you with a a large number of other stars. When that happens, the title doesn't count too much as far as an individual achievement for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well LBJ is a laker now and has a super stacked team...far more stacked than Kobe had from 08-2013 so no excuses. Title or bust and if it's a bust, it's on LBJ and it will show that he couldn't do what Kobe did despite having more (and going up against weaker competition because the west now is weaker than it was during 08-2011). LBJ has already done less with more while facing weaker competition up to this point in his career so hopefully he can break the trend here and at least get a back-to-back (because yes, that is the minimum standard he will be held to if you want to compare him to what Kobe did).
    Odom/Bynum are better than any 3rd player the Lakers have. Stop. Bron is playing better right now than any year Kobe has ever.

Yeah I agree that the wolves didn't get back a fair return. A big difference though from other more recent situations like that (e.g., AD) is that the wolves were the ones who pushed hard for that trade and KG wanted to stay there. Jefferson was an all-star player at the time and west and green were considered to have a lot of potential at that point, but you're right that the wolves didn't get an equal return.
    Al Jefferson never made an all star team, he would be one of those all-star caliber players weve been so fond of talking about
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Yep in my opinion...and probably many others who are being honest with themselves.
    and probably way more that don't share that opinion and are being honest with themselves.... this is why sports are great
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

its call i need help. no matter how you twist it its still the same.
    Of course you can call it that. Is it a bad thing to ask for help? It's 5 players per team, it's not like a tennis player who wants to become relevant by getting a good doubles partner.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Odom/Bynum are better than any 3rd player the Lakers have. Stop. Bron is playing better right now than any year Kobe has ever.
    Is the competition now weaker or no?

Do the 08 Celtics win the NBA if they played in this season, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Is the competition now weaker or no?

Do the 08 Celtics win the NBA if they played in this season, yes or no?
    No and maybe, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Of course you can call it that. Is it a bad thing to ask for help? It's 5 players per team, it's not like a tennis player who wants to become relevant by getting a good doubles partner.
    So whatís the difference. Nether one would have won without other top talented players. Is it a bad thing to need help?
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 07:07 PM.

He's not in that circle in my book. He hasn't done nearly enough to warrant that. If he never forms super teams and doesn't get that title, he probably wouldn't even be mentioned in the top 15. It's because of those titles that the discussion isn't outright absurd, but since those titles are not legit, the discussion is still not warranted (it's just not laughable to say LBJ is in the top 5).

And yes, it would be legit if he can win in LA. LBJ has AD, but that's the only star he has. He doesn't have another 3rd star. You're missing the point I've been making. It's okay to have help, it's not really okay to form an overloaded team where your team no longer needs you and they can arguably win without you and can probably win by replacing you with a a large number of other stars. When that happens, the title doesn't count too much as far as an individual achievement for a player.
    So it in your book, now can we say your opinion donít matter? 50 years from now when one look 👀 through the top players Lebron will be sitting right there. It will say 3 titles, 3 finals mvp, etc. Go pull it up now I ainít lying he got 3 titles. you donít have to wait 50 years go look now. I will bet your house bank account what ever if you find different.

In my book Kobe would not have won any rings had he not forced his was to Lakers. His career would have been just like Ai or Tmac having to carry a heavy load. could have been grant hill. Itís not like he did not get banged up.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 07:36 PM.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/?p=1927 how many rings did Kobe cost Shaq early on? And was Phil the guy to get Kobe playing well and keep him in line?
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 07:49 PM.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...his-past-title I donít agree with this but here goes. Does Kobe titles with Shaq count? Well in this guy circle book or whatever they donít. Does they mean lebron is still up 1 since he was the best and focal in all 3 of his? Do lebron get extra points for winning with Eric and Lou? How about winning in a small market? How about a rookie star or a player that never played in the playoffs? Come on you got to get extra points for winning with JR Smith. I am trying to work the context of the circle here.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Bynum was not part of the 09 run and the 2010 Bynum that was in the playoffs was not better than Kuzma right now, because that Bynum was badly injured and playing hurt. Obviously I disagree with that nonsense you just said about LBJ...but good, I'm glad that's your position, because if he can't deliver a back-to-back (like Kobe did) then there will be no excuses and you will obviously be wrong...so let's stay tuned.