Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 170 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Many times we show the older players respect but in reality would shaq dominate Kareem? But if you ask shaq heís going to say Kareem and many would to knowing well shaq would dunk Kareem in the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    exactly now ask an 18yr old. Even Lonzo put his foot in his mouth with Nas vs megos
    yeah, but that just speaks to different generations having different opinions. Other greats who have been around both of them also pick Kobe (e.g., Jordan, Kareem, Bird). the consensus is split between what faction you ask. the media says LBJ the players say kobe. the players who are not analysts however are not necessarily trying to sell us anything so they seem a lot more objective on this matter and many of them have first hand knowledge of how good these guys were because they played with both.

Many times we show the older players respect but in reality would shaq dominate Kareem? But if you ask shaq heís going to say Kareem and many would to knowing well shaq would dunk Kareem in the basket.
    no, I think Kareem would give it to shaq. They would have some epic back and forth, but shaq took plays off and wasn't as tough mentally as Kareem. Kareem would ultimately win that battle.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-18-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Out of respect they would both give it to the other but deep down they both think I was better.

Boi they donít make cars like they use to my old mustang was moved like a jet. It was a thing of beauty.... oh yeah will the new one runs it going backwards. Or why you got a modern engine, transmission, breaks, suspension in it?

That was old Shaq that won with Kobe. Like I said they loved kobe mentality. All that playing around lebron do would rub Kobe the wrong way.
    Is this some kind of joke? Old Shaq? It was literally peak Shaq.

Now Bron played with star Wade and Kobe old Shaq? Lol

Looking from afar I think Kobe was wired differently. His games against lebron he wanted to Against lebron to lebron it was just another game. Lebron did not seek out to guard Kobe. Thatís what drive Kobe those little personal competitive challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Shaq was done. When Miami won with Shaq it was morning coming up big. Shaq even went to Suns for a few years after that before Cavs and Boston
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

I think he means that the shaq who played with LBJ was old. Wade was pretty close to his prime though when he played with LBJ. Wade was widely recognized as the 3rd best player in the league when he and LBJ teamed up. Wade's numbers decreased when he was playing with LBJ, but that is to a large extent because LBJ has typically turned superstars into glorified role players, which has always been my primary critique of LBJ. Doesn't show up in his own numbers, but it shows up in his superstar teammates' numbers...and it's not conducive to winning.

Boy you are lock on those stats yet donít like to look at lebron stats vs Kobe stats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...rrounding_the/.

Sometimes you got to dig a lil deeper. Already told you heís the best player in his prime on his team. Why would love be the focal point.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-18-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Boy you are lock on those stats yet donít like to look at lebron stats vs Kobe stats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...rrounding_the/.

Sometimes you got to dig a lil deeper. Already told you heís the best player in his prime on his team. Why would love be the focal point.
    well my point on comparing those is basically that LBJ produces inflated stats sometimes at the cost of winning, where guys like Kobe didn't care about those stats...they cared about winning and that is the main reason one has won more titles than the other, whereas the other one has put up better numbers. In sum, the numbers are misleading in this case.

If ad plays like a big man and stop falling down so much maybe he wonít get injured as much. If AD plays well Lakers would have no problem. But if expect to be the same guy from Pelicans who struggle to make the playoffs then itís on him. Learn to win

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    well my point on comparing those is basically that LBJ produces inflated stats sometimes at the cost of winning, where guys like Kobe didn't care about those stats...they cared about winning and that is the main reason one has won more titles than the other, whereas the other one has put up better numbers. In sum, the numbers are misleading in this case.
    inflated stats is when your on a team that sucks donít make the playoffs yet you have great numbers. Not a team thatís winning and your impact is to the roof. Thatís k love. The team sucks with and without you but yet your a star.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-18-2019 at 05:26 PM.

All stars care and play the stat game donít pretend like Kobe didnít as well he was the master of that. He had it to a science when heís going to pass or when heís going to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    no, I think Kareem would give it to shaq. They would have some epic back and forth, but shaq took plays off and wasn't as tough mentally as Kareem. Kareem would ultimately win that battle.
    Shaq is just to big for Kareem to defend. Shaq has at least 100 pounds on him. Without the double team Kareem donít have a shot at stoping Shaq. Shaq was also a big time defender in his MVP, Championships and finals MVP season. Shaq has all the strength to keep Kareem out of the post and athletic enough to guard the sky hook.

I know Kareem has the numbers and Russell has the championship. The tape is impressive but Shaqís and Dreamís taps shows me that they can dominate any style or era. Shaq and Dream can bend the era to big man basketball no matter the rules. Shaq and Dream are top 3 bigs on my list.