Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 549 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    pau Might even get his jersey retired.
    He absolutely will. He will likely be in the HOF. I'm not saying that Pau sucked, he just wasn't a superstar. He was an above average all-star. He's had a great career, but he was never the kind of player who could really lead a team as the focal point.

Kobe is my guy. But Lebrons the better player no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Kobe is my guy. But Lebrons the better player no doubt.
    Their peers and LBJ's teammates seem to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Jordan finally said that Bron was more dominant

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Jordan finally said that Bron was more dominant
    But he still thinks that kobe is better. LBJ might actually be more dominant, I'm not entirely sure that I would disagree with that statement. LBJ is unstoppable off the dribble and can get to the basket at will.

Maybe I am calling him a star and donít know. Whatís the difference between a star and superstar.

Pau may not be a big house hold name like shaq but he had his share of followers from Spain, and in the US. His a multiple All-Star two time champion, Olympian, lead a 50win team as the best player to the playoffs in the West if that matters. I think he was a star. How is it determined most popular?

I mean Duncan, Garnett, Bosh, pau seem to be all stars at some level. I donít get why the other 3 are stars but one ainít.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-18-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Maybe I am calling him a star and donít know. Whatís the difference between a star and superstar.

Pau may not be a big house hold name like shaq but he had his share of followers from Spain, and in the US. His a multiple All-Star two time champion, lead a 50win team as the best player to the playoffs in the West if that matters. I think he was a star. How is it determined most popular?

I mean Duncan, Garnett, Bosh, pau seem to be all stars at some level. I donít get why the other 3 are stars but one ainít.
    I'm basing it off of dominance and how much they can impact the game. If you look at their max output seasons you can see the stark differences (and these guys all stayed at that level for many years, with the exception of Love).

Pau: 18.5 pts, 11.8 reb, 1.9 blks, .3 stls, 2.7 ast, (wasn't with the lakers though, but he had a similar 2010 season)
    KG: 24.2 pts, 13.9 reb, 2.2 blks, 1.5 stls, 5.0 ast
    Duncan: 25.5 pts, 12.7 reb, 2.5 blks, .7 stls, 3.7 ast
    Bosh: 24 pts, 10.8 reb, 1 blks, .6 stls, 2.4 ast
    Love: 26.1 pts, 12.5 reb, .8 blks, .5 stls, 4.4 ast

Pau's numbers don't quite stack up here. The closest comparison is to bosh, but he's averaging almost 6 pts more than Pau.

Gasol is getting extremely overrated here. He has 1 all star appearance before going to LA. Zero All NBA teams and Zero playoff wins. He never even averaged 10 rebounds a game. He was traded to LA in a sale dump.

That all changed once Kobe was leading the way. Gasolís whole attitude changed and he had a mean streak that got him to 10 rebounds a game. Attitude reflects leadership(thanks Kobe). When Gasol reached LA Gasol wasnít even a top 5 PF let alone top 5 big. Iíll ignore the WHOLE eastern conference. Duncan, Dirk, Amare, Love, Griffin and Aldridge all played at a higher level or just about. Thatís only PF and western conference.

Kobe needed Gasol to win and take down the Celtics but letís not pretend Gasol was a playoff monster. When Lakers eliminated the defending champ Spurs, Gasol averaged 13 points for the series. Drew Goodon averaged that for Cleveland in the finals the year before.

players are morons... go see how many of these so called players also rank iverson top 5 ever

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    players are morons... go see how many of these so called players also rank iverson top 5 ever
    Well those are mostly the people working for the networks. It's not like they're bringing in elite scientists and academics to analyze who the best players are. I used this analogy earlier, but I'll use it again. If you go to a place of employment, everyone in there knows who the best workers are. If you want to know who they are, you simply have to ask the employees. On the basketball court, your teammates know how good you are, as do your opponents. Analysts who work for networks says its LBJ, former teammates and rivals say its kobe (this includes Wade, Bosh, and Kyrie). Personally, I think the players are more reliable than the analysts on these matters, especially since the analysts are selling a product (and thus have an incentive to push certain narratives), whereas the players don't generally have any personal gain in the matter.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-18-2019 at 02:39 PM.

People will have their opinions on this and you will never reach a conclusion. They were are both great. numbers favor lebron, physical ability favor lebron. Number of rings favor Kobe, his Jordan like/ mamba mentality favor Kobe. Will boil down to what one valve most.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-18-2019 at 02:44 PM.

I like to look at what a player's peers and teammates say similarly to letters of recommendation. When you apply for a job, people you've worked with will often write you a letter of recommendation. By ignoring those things, we're essentially saying "those who would know best of this person's qualifications don't know what they're talking about". I just don't believe that is the case. To me, that carries a considerable amount of weight.

People will have their opinions on this and you will never reach a conclusion. They were are both great. numbers favor lebron, physical ability favor lebron. Number of rings favor Kobe, his Jordan like/ mamba mentality favor Kobe. Will boil down to what one valve most.
    Kobe and James both have reached that Jordan tier

For me I loved watching Kobe. However I feel lebron is better. Just seem like he can fit on any team, easier to build around and more efficient.

Well those are mostly the people working for the networks. It's not like they're bringing in elite scientists and academics to analyze who the best players are. I used this analogy earlier, but I'll use it again. If you go to a place of employment, everyone in there knows who the best workers are. If you want to know who they are, you simply have to ask the employees. On the basketball court, your teammates know how good you are, as do your opponents. Analysts who work for networks says its LBJ, former teammates and rivals say its kobe (this includes Wade, Bosh, and Kyrie). Personally, I think the players are more reliable than the analysts on these matters, especially since the analysts are selling a product (and thus have an incentive to push certain narratives), whereas the players don't generally have any personal gain in the matter.
    no its the employees or peers that think iverson is top 5 ever... ITS BECAUSE THEY GREW UP WATCHING KOBE AND IVERSON and thus bias... taking players opinions seriously is moronic.

stats dont lie and every stat points to lebron.