Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by michael811 View Post
    I have to be honest I didn't watch much of Lebron before he got to LA but what I have seen is a player who pushes teammates out of the way for rebounds, holds the ball for the entire shot clock to wait for an assist pass and when one doesn't come passes to a covered teammate so they can take the last second shot to protect Lebron's shooting percentage and efficiency. No defense and couldn't even make the playoffs. I'd take last year Kobe over what I saw from Lebron this last season.
    What are you even taking about man? You understand he has played more than anyone in nba history? Aside from maaaaaybe one player still.

And he's still an elite player , playoff LeBron is still the guy you want leading your team.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    What are you even taking about man? You understand he has played more than anyone in nba history? Aside from maaaaaybe one player still.

And he's still an elite player , playoff LeBron is still the guy you want leading your team.
    I don't think it's possible to be an NBA fan for the past 10-15 years and not have watched much of LeBron prior to his first season with the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Players on the floor and teammates are still claiming Carmelo Anthony is a good player. Obviously, their analysis is not foolproof.
    Yeah, but that's out of respect and reputation, because he once was an excellent player. Very few former teammates/players are going to openly say melo sucks. Those players are essentially being nice. That's different though than saying Player A is better than Player B, especially when the players saying that are your former teammates, one of whom happens to be your best friend (as was the case with D. Wade picking Kobe over LBJ).

I don't think it's possible to be an NBA fan for the past 10-15 years and not have watched much of LeBron prior to his first season with the Lakers.
    A lot of people mostly only watch the games their team plays. If that's the case for him, he wouldn't have seen LBJ play unless he played against the lakers (if that's his favorite team).

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, but that's out of respect and reputation, because he once was an excellent player. Very few former teammates/players are going to openly say melo sucks. Those players are essentially being nice. That's different though than saying Player A is better than Player B, especially when the players saying that are your former teammates, one of whom happens to be your best friend (as was the case with D. Wade picking Kobe over LBJ).
    And I'm sure a lot of players would say Player A is better than Player B out of respect and reputation as well.

A lot of people mostly only watch the games their team plays. If that's the case for him, he wouldn't have seen LBJ play unless he played against the lakers (if that's his favorite team).
    I know of no one who watches literally only their own team. I know of plenty of people who watch mostly or predominantly their own team, but even they usually watch other games like at least the playoffs or Finals. I mean, he's essentially saying he hasn't watched the playoffs or Finals for the past 8 years, since LeBron was in every Finals performance minus last year dating back to 2011. Basically, if you have watched any basketball the past 10 years, the one person you'd be likely to have seen the most outside of your own team is LeBron.

And I'm sure a lot of players would say Player A is better than Player B out of respect and reputation as well.
    I think that's a lot different. Saying someone is still good has no ramifications. Picking one player over another, especially if you were teammates with one of them is going to carry weight. If I'm Wade, no way would I ever openly pick someone over LBJ, unless I actually felt really strongly about it, because I would know that people would weigh that heavily. I'd give some diplomatic response, like "they're both great players and you can't go wrong with either one" or "it's so hard to pick because they're both so great". In Wade's case, if I'm remembering correctly, he volunteered his take when a reporter asked him how it felt to be teammates with the player of the generation, to which he replied that's Kobe not LBJ (or something to that effect).

I know of no one who watches literally only their own team. I know of plenty of people who watch mostly or predominantly their own team, but even they usually watch other games like at least the playoffs or Finals. I mean, he's essentially saying he hasn't watched the playoffs or Finals for the past 8 years, since LeBron was in every Finals performance minus last year dating back to 2011. Basically, if you have watched any basketball the past 10 years, the one person you'd be likely to have seen the most outside of your own team is LeBron.
    Lol I agree that most people watch like that. I've seen a lot of LBJ, but that seems to be what the dude is saying lol.

I think that's a lot different. Saying someone is still good has no ramifications. Picking one player over another, especially if you were teammates with one of them is going to carry weight. If I'm Wade, no way would I ever openly pick someone over LBJ, unless I actually felt really strongly about it, because I would know that people would weigh that heavily. I'd give some diplomatic response, like "they're both great players and you can't go wrong with either one" or "it's so hard to pick because they're both so great". In Wade's case, if I'm remembering correctly, he volunteered his take when a reporter asked him how it felt to be teammates with the player of the generation, to which he replied that's Kobe not LBJ (or something to that effect).
    So Wade didn't even actually say Kobe was better, only that Kobe was the player of his generation, not LBJ? Players state certain players are better than others for a variety of reasons. In fact, most players will say their idols were better than their contemporaries. Another big reason players pick certain players over others is rings, which we know is a very imperfect reasoning.

So Wade didn't even actually say Kobe was better, only that Kobe was the player of his generation, not LBJ? Players state certain players are better than others for a variety of reasons. In fact, most players will say their idols were better than their contemporaries. Another big reason players pick certain players over others is rings, which we know is a very imperfect reasoning.
    That's true, but to me, it's a little different when former teammates and rivals of both are picking one over the other, because they have first hand knowledge of playing with and against those players. I think you have fair point if guys who haven't played with or against Kobe are picking him over LBJ because kobe was their idol growing up. But there are multiple teammates of LBJ who have picked Kobe (e.g., shaq, wade, bosh, Kyrie, as well as some less well known teammates) as well as elite defenders who guarded both (e.g., tony Allen, Iggy, Kawhi). If I go to someone's work place and I ask who's the best employee and mostly everyone says "Bob", I'm not going to outright dismiss that.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-17-2019 at 11:08 AM.

All they loved about Kobe over Lebron was his determination. Heís going to come at you and score no mater what defensive scheme you throw at him. Lebron makes the basketball play so it seems like heís limited since he donít force things but hands down heís the more skilled and better player of the two. Kobe was traded to a better situation where as lebron was stuck in Cleveland and had to leave to win then returned to give them 1. Heís won in two different systems and 1 with a rookie coach.

When Lebron career is over those guys will change their tune.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-17-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    All they loved about Kobe over Lebron was his determination. Heís going to come at you and score no mater what defensive scheme you through at him. Lebron makes the basketball play so it seems like heís limited since he donít force things but hands down heís the more skilled and better player of the two. Kobe was traded to a better situation where as lebron was stuck in Cleveland and had to leave to win then returned to give them 1. Heís won in two different systems and 1 with a rookie coach.

When Lebron career is over those guys will change their tune.
    And Kobe won a back-to-back as the lone superstar, whereas LBJ has always had 2 superstars. To my point however, you have absolutely no support that those guys picked Kobe over LBJ because of his determination. You're basically making it up. Show me one of those guys, just one, who said "I pick Kobe over LBJ because of his determination". If you can't, you really should stop saying that because you're basically making things up. It's one thing to think that one player is better than another player. It's completely different to literally make things up. It's one thing if you THINK that that is why those guys pick Kobe, but go ahead and make sure to say "I have no idea why they picked Kobe, but I am going to baselessly speculate that it's because of his determination", because that is what you are doing. You have no idea why all of those guys pick Kobe (and neither do any of us) so maybe it's best to take them at their word and not try to make things up to fit your narrative. If you actually bothered to read the link I posted you would see that many of them explain why and they usually talk abut skill and the many greater arsenal of weapons that they say kobe had (don't take my word for it, go ahead and go through that long list and then come back), but don't come with that determination nonsense, because they frankly didn't say that.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-17-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Pau played a very important role in winning those rings. Maybe to most he was not a top tier star but he was a star big man in the league. May have been the most skilled big at that time. When pau joined Lakers he elevated Odom and they had great chemistry in the triangle. Teamed that with Kobe they and they formed a very good team.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Pau played a very important role in winning those rings. Maybe to most he was not a top tier star but he was a star big man in the league. May have been the most skilled big at that time. When pau joined Lakers he elevated Odom and they had great chemistry in the triangle. Teamed that with Kobe they and they formed a very good team.
    Pure nonsense dude. Odom has said that during that run a lot of the times he would show up to games drunk and high. I love Pau, but he wasn't a superstar. He was a good all-star caliber player (and the numbers show just that).

Well i canít go in their head but given when they said what they said and while one player is retired and 1 still playing how can you come to a conclusion when they are also counting rings. I am not counting rings lebron is just the better and more versatile player.

Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast