Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 1537
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I dont have it in me.... i really dont... most points will just be ignored for heart and will to win type ****.
    I addressed all of your points. The ONLY evidence you have for LBJ is advanced analytics and as I have demonstrated here, that amounts to not being substantial or meaningful in any way, but feel free to rebut that and explain why something that produces such outlandish outcomes should be trusted.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Gasol has two titles Kyrie and Live have one, so Gasol is better...right?
    Not exactly, because as I've said...titles matter when you're comparing superstars and Gasol was not a superstar. Love was a superstar when he joined the cavs (26 and 13 is amazing for any player in any situation) and Irving is presently a superstar.

    You're also not really a man of your word, as you said you were done debating this issue in a previous thread.
    It doesn't really matter to me, but it seems you thought these dudes were going to somehow back you up and when you saw how the debate was going, you kind of decided to jump in...well, I really don't mind. The more the merrier, but I do ask that the points that I've raised be directly addressed.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-19-2019 at 03:15 PM.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Funny how no one has tackled my post about how outlandish a lot of the outcomes that advanced analytics provides. That is nicely being ignored, despite being empirically true and easily observable by clicking on any of your favorite advanced analytics and seeing how guys who have no business being ranked along superstars are ranked ahead of a lot of them. Nope, got really quiet in here when I posted that...

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    41,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Funny how no one has tackled my post about how outlandish a lot of the outcomes that advanced analytics provides. That is nicely being ignored, despite being empirically true and easily observable by clicking on any of your favorite advanced analytics and seeing how guys who have no business being ranked along superstars are ranked ahead of a lot of them. Nope, got really quiet in here when I posted that...
    I answered. They are infallible when they support some ESPN narrative that has been beaten into these people heads when they donít support what they believe it doesnít matter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I answered. They are infallible when they support some ESPN narrative that has been beaten into these people heads when they donít support what they believe it doesnít matter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, pretty spot on.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,161
    None of your arguments hold weight across the board. Rings argument doesnít hold true more often than not. Robert Horry is top 5 ever using the rings argument so you can see how bad it is

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,161
    Also raw production does not work either, because now Jerry stachlkhiuse is better than Magic Johnson.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    None of your arguments hold weight across the board. Rings argument doesnít hold true more often than not. Robert Horry is top 5 ever using the rings argument so you can see how bad it is
    Dude, I have addressed that multiple times and just did so like 3 posts ago. It is not appraise to compare titles when comparing stars to role players. It IS appropriate when comparing stars to other stars or even role players to other role players.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Also raw production does not work either, because now Jerry stachlkhiuse is better than Magic Johnson.
    And that is not true. Magic still outperforms Stackhouse quite convincingly across most raw numbers. I also said raw numbers need to be looked at in conjunction with how big of a role the player plays on a championship team. Magic was a core piece to a team that contended for over a decade and was regarded as one of the best players during that entire time. Stackhouse was never any of those things. I am basically advocating using multiple tools and critical thinking to assess the quality of a player, none of which involve advanced analytics.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Not exactly, because as I've said...titles matter when you're comparing superstars and Gasol was not a superstar. Love was a superstar when he joined the cavs (26 and 13 is amazing for any player in any situation) and Irving is presently a superstar.

    You're also not really a man of your word, as you said you were done debating this issue in a previous thread.
    It doesn't really matter to me, but it seems you thought these dudes were going to somehow back you up and when you saw how the debate was going, you kind of decided to jump in...well, I really don't mind. The more the merrier, but I do ask that the points that I've raised be directly addressed.
    Iím holding back a lot bro. As you can see, Iím not telling you your wrong, Iím just trying to make stick to the same argument across the board. We both know I donít agree.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iím holding back a lot bro. As you can see, Iím not telling you your wrong, Iím just trying to make stick to the same argument across the board. We both know I donít agree.
    Lol alright fair enough

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Dude, I have addressed that multiple times and just did so like 3 posts ago. It is not appraise to compare titles when comparing stars to role players. It IS appropriate when comparing stars to other stars or even role players to other role players.
    OK so you have Bill Russell as GOAT?

    Kobe over Dream/Shaq

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,161
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    OK so you have Bill Russell as GOAT?

    Kobe over Dream/Shaq
    Bird > Dream

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,039
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    OK so you have Bill Russell as GOAT?

    Kobe over Dream/Shaq
    I don't have Bill Russell as the GOAT, but I respect anyone who does. The main reason is that during those years, it was a lot easier to win a title. A lot of the times the Celtics would get multiple bye rounds in the playoffs. I do however, have kobe over dream and shaq (but I think a very strong case can be made for shaq over kobe). To me, I look at titles, the roles those players played on their teams, and then the raw numbers have to be large enough to offset the differences in titles between any two players. If kobe were to come out of retirement for example, and the lakers win another 3 titles, I wouldn't say Kobe is better than MJ because at this point Kobe would be a role player at best (nor would I say well kobe has 8 and LBJ has 6 so Kobe > LBJ), because LBJ would obviously be playing a much larger role there. I'm looking at overall context when I'm assessing players.

Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •