Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 330 of 451 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 6764
  1. #4936
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    So the rest of the Laker players would just allow them to get into the paint all night with no resistance? Who’s guarding Shaq? Who’s guarding Kobe?
    not all picks result in going to the rim. These days, it's more-so to setup a shooter and Shaq ain't fighting over screens and chasing the Warriors around. No one can guard Shaq so you just let him do his thing and focus on stopping the others. For Kobe, Klay is an elite perimeter defender and you can switch KD+Draymond on him as well. How do the Lakers stop the Warriors shooting? they can't. I just have more faith in the Warriors being able to tire and get Shaq into foul trouble. They will just outscore the Lakers

  2. #4937
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,987
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Pre-KD Warriors were still 73-9 and made two straight NBA Finals trips. It required arguably the greatest NBA comeback in NBA history to beat them. Acting like they were just some random team is laughable. That Warriors team that season looked unbeatable. Yes, they had their playoffs blunders and Curry underperformed. But quit discrediting them. Beating Durant and almost beating LeBron is like Isiah beating Bird and Magic. The disrespect that Warriors team gets yet NBA teams are beginning to follow their recipe for success is just ridiculous.

    As for the Lakers with Shaq+Kobe, are we talking about fat Shaq who quit on defense? Yes, he was a monster offensively but Curry, Klay, and Durant would have forced Shaq to run all day. Shaq at that point was lazy on defense and gave up many plays. Unstoppable on offense, yes. Defensively, the Warriors can expose Shaq in a way that the early 00 teams couldn't. Then we talk about the rules. Shaq would be fouled out if we are playing by today's rules where Shaq would deliberately foul players because he couldn't defend them but wanted to prevent them from continuously attacking the paint. It would be a tough battle but I'd give the Warriors the edge based on the fact that they could play into Shaq's weakness better than Shaq could vs the Warriors smaller lineup
    They were dominated by OKC and it took OKC blundering away the series for them to escape. That OKC team didn't even know how to play championship caliber basketball. By todays rules, the entire GS roster would foul out by halftime guarding shaq lol. Also, good luck guarding kobe with todays rules. It's no real disrespect to them, but they played a certain style and when they were forced to play in the half court they were a completely different team.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-25-2020 at 01:50 AM.

  3. #4938
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,811
    Taking down a 73-9 team is something Jordan/Kobe would pretend they where doing when they are practicing basketball by them self. LeBron actually has that on his resume. Coming back from 1-3 makes it a GOAT moment for this era of basketball.

  4. #4939
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,987
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    not all picks result in going to the rim. These days, it's more-so to setup a shooter and Shaq ain't fighting over screens and chasing the Warriors around. No one can guard Shaq so you just let him do his thing and focus on stopping the others. For Kobe, Klay is an elite perimeter defender and you can switch KD+Draymond on him as well. How do the Lakers stop the Warriors shooting? they can't. I just have more faith in the Warriors being able to tire and get Shaq into foul trouble. They will just outscore the Lakers
    Lol kobe would destroy Klay. This is a guy who feasted on historically great perimeter defenders. Klay is a good defender, but he's nowhere near the defender that someone like Bowen was. Old kobe also had little trouble with KD guarding him so I doubt an older KD would do much on a younger, more athletic kobe.

    How do the lakers stop the warriors shooting? They make them play in the half court is how. Those 3's dont go down at anywhere near the same rate when the game slows down and everything is coming in the half court, as teams like the Cavs, OKC, and Memphis showed. The only difference is that those teams did not execute at anywhere near the level as those lakers teams.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-25-2020 at 01:49 AM.

  5. #4940
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,987
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    So the rest of the Laker players would just allow them to get into the paint all night with no resistance? Who’s guarding Shaq? Who’s guarding Kobe?
    I would love to see them try to go with that weak small ball approach and put draymond on shaq. Shaq would average 50-plus for the series lol

  6. #4941
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,495
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Admit what?
    That my argument was correct to begin with but you were.too thick to realize that you pretty much ceded to it? And now you pretend that I didn't have it to begin with?

    Lebron choked in the Finals, he shrunk. That's the argument. You agree, so we move on.

    Now you want to say that he didn't choke but he....deferred. Please elaborate.
    He choked and he deferred.

    You said you’d rather have Melo in 2010 because Bron turns stars into role players and gets his stats. That never happened in 2010 against the Mavs. Dude, how many times you gonna double talk. You are one coward poster.

  7. #4942
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,495
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    not all picks result in going to the rim. These days, it's more-so to setup a shooter and Shaq ain't fighting over screens and chasing the Warriors around. No one can guard Shaq so you just let him do his thing and focus on stopping the others. For Kobe, Klay is an elite perimeter defender and you can switch KD+Draymond on him as well. How do the Lakers stop the Warriors shooting? they can't. I just have more faith in the Warriors being able to tire and get Shaq into foul trouble. They will just outscore the Lakers
    If Detroit beat the crap out of them, Warriors would sweep.

  8. #4943
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I would love to see them try to go with that weak small ball approach and put draymond on shaq. Shaq would average 50-plus for the series lol
    Haha, he could, but the Shaq stopper would be out there...Kobe, so he wouldn’t.

  9. #4944
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,987
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    If Detroit beat the crap out of them, Warriors would sweep.
    That was a much different team. Shaq was no longer in his prime, the lakers were injured, and they had a lot of chemistry issues at that point and the pieces didn't really fit together. Detroit would've likely lost in 5-6 games had they played any version of the 2000-2002 lakers.

  10. #4945
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,987
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Haha, he could, but the Shaq stopper would be out there...Kobe, so he wouldn’t.
    They worked just fine up until 2003. Things finally came to a head in the 04 season and it spilled onto the court, but before that shaq and kobe worked really well together.

  11. #4946
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,796
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    He choked and he deferred.

    You said you’d rather have Melo in 2010 because Bron turns stars into role players and gets his stats. That never happened in 2010 against the Mavs. Dude, how many times you gonna double talk. You are one coward poster.
    Exactly. It never happened in 2011 Finals because Lebron choked and his teammates weren't accustomed to him..."deferring", especially in the most significant of times.

    With Melo they'd have proper roles assigned and Melo wouldn't choke. He'd be the #2 to Wade but that would have made that team almost unbeatable. With Lebron there were too many weaknesses due to the way he is as a teammate.

  12. #4947
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,796
    Are people still hyping up that 73-9 record?

    It's weird, because it's the same people that talk about records in older eras with less teams, but at the same time they ignore that this was possibly the worst RS in the 30 team era.

    I wonder what Valade's position on this 73-9 record team is.

  13. #4948
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    10,025
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Are people still hyping up that 73-9 record?

    It's weird, because it's the same people that talk about records in older eras with less teams, but at the same time they ignore that this was possibly the worst RS in the 30 team era.

    I wonder what Valade's position on this 73-9 record team is.
    That would be interesting. If he takes the stance that the Warriors lost because of the Draymond suspension that would weaken his LBJ stance in this thread.

    He doesn't want to accept that Kobe was a legitimate alpha by the 2000/01 season because he played with Shaq but he never replied to me when I asked, with KDs arrival in GS did that mean that Curry was no longer an alpha?

  14. #4949
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Lol that is pure conjecture on your part and I certainly don't agree with that. I would pick the Shaq-kobe lakers over any version of the warriors in 5-6 semi uncompetitive games. I would also take the 01 blazers, the 02 kings, most of the spurs teams kobe faced, along with the 04 pistons, and the 10 Celtics over those warriors teams. The warriors struggled against a good OKC team that didn't know how to play and that basically choked. Pure conjecture though since we'll never see those matchups.
    Wait, what? I assume you misread because you said they had trouble with OKC. I’m talking the Warriors WITH Durant. They would have beaten all of those teams you mentioned.

    Also, not sure why how many finals kobe made without Pau or Shaq is relevant here? Sure LBJ made 1 finals without a star next to him, but he also happened to play in the east, which was horrible. If we're being honest, that Cavs team would've been lucky to make it out of the first round in the west and wouldve probably not put up much of a fight against whoever they were paired with. Those finals were basically like a 1st round playoff series where the 1 plays the 8.
    This reeks of excuses. I wonder if the roles were reversed what you’d say.

  15. #4950
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,026
    Lakers vs GSW would have boiled down to the refs. It would depend on how the game is called. Kings Played a version of small ball and it took Lakers everything they had to beat Kings. Fisher and Kobe defense would have slowed Curry and Klay. The Early version of Shaq was not some big slow guy. Lakers would beat GSW simply because of Shaq, t would have forced GSW to change their approach. Now if you say the Kobe/Pau/Odom/Ariza/Fisher Lakers its possible foe GSW to beat them. Also the GSW with KD would of had a legit shot as well to beat them.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-25-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •