Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 292 of 451 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 6764
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    There's plenty of people that agree with my assessment of Lebron. But even if there weren't, why would it change things if it's only based on hype?
    You witness absolute greatness when someone beats other greats. Magic vs Bird. Isiah beating both. Jordan beating all three. Sure, it's a team sport and these discussions always unfold wrongly to give the entire credit on the main star player.
    LeBron's success came against competition that isn't that great. And he lost many times to competition that wasn't that great either. So his losses carry more weight as a result.

I'd love to properly debate those people, off the camera, and I'm pretty sure many of them will be open minded. I don't say that it's wrong to claim that Lebron is a top 10 player, I'm saying I don't have him there for various reasons that I have named over time and it's not a knock on Lebron but more like justic for others.
    I do say that it's wrong to claim that he is a top 5 player and criminal to have him in the top 3.

I've actually had this discussion with some ex NBA players, a couple of members in a coaching staff and especially with scouts as I have had around 10 years of experience with dealing with these people, but there's only one scout that was really considered legendary that I had the luck to sit on a table with and Lebron didn't come up (I was arguing to him about Kobe being overrated by the media as top 5 and he was telling me about how great Kobe was and how these lists are just media tools to gauge attention and don't really mean much).

In fact, most kinda agreed with where I was going with it. Some did rate Lebron high (from 4-10) others high-ish (10-15) others would get hated on here because they were even harsher than I am. And they may have influenced me a little as I was saying how much I liked Lebron as a rookie and one of them explained to me certain things that aren't really easy to spot as a casual fan. Most I spoke with don't really like these rankings though because they lack objectivity and a team's surrounding is usually more important than a player who gets many buckets. But the discussion usually went like " first names that you think of when you think of all time legends" and something along those lines. Lots of them flat out refuse to make this kind of small talk so I don't know what percentage of them actually rate him very high etc. And some just say that they cannot comment without having thoroughly observed players like Wiltz West, Russell etc and of course their contemporaries.
    So it's usually good basketball talk and not that many are surprised if they see that I don't rate Lebron as high as an Instagram follower or ESPN would. They even appreciate that more because they always want to hear about how others view basketball, even if it may sound silly to them. They are also intrigued because they know the game is different between Europe and the NBA and how we focus on a bigger scope in general while the NBA mostly wants athletic players with particular body types above all else "secondary" stuff after skill these days

Btw I'd love to see if there is a top 10 or something made by NBA scouts. Don't think I've ever come across any of these online.
    99.99% disagree. Thereís no way around it.

I also canít imagine a single scout agreeing with your premise that LeBron James has almost zero basketball skills.

Can you at least admit your opinion of LeBron James is in the vast minority in basketball circles?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    99.99% disagree. Thereís no way around it.

I also canít imagine a single scout agreeing with your premise that LeBron James has almost zero basketball skills.

Can you at least admit your opinion of LeBron James is in the vast minority in basketball circles?
    LeBron is just fast and strong. So according to him, NFL players would be the best NBA players as well. He also said that LeBron just travels and does illegal plays (whatever that means). So if you want to make it to the NBA, just learn how to travel and create more illegal plays. Then Nike will offer you a lifetime billion dollar contract and you too can be as successful as LeBron James.

It's so funny reading his response in trying to explain his reasoning. It's like dude, what is going on inside your head that you think the way you do?

This was not from NWKalltheway but the funniest thing I heard was lebron just learned to play. Thing is it was Last December.

I'm going with LeBron, he is more versatile, is a better playmaker, rebounder, and he makes everyone around him better

Kobe has a better killer instinct and is a better scorer, but outside of those two areas LeBron beats Kobe

LeBron took an unknown Cavs team with no all-stars to the finals. Kobe needed help to get to the finals, which isn't a knock on his accomplishments

Who carries a Cavs team to the finals? LeBron is really a top 2 player of all time

Lebron played football in high school too. He also trained in 2011 for football during lockout. So much for the Lebron could not handle 80s 90s cheap shot pushing and shoving.

Following a series of three UFC events over the course of eight days in Jacksonville, Fla., UFC president Dana White assured everyone that the promotion Tyron Woodley vs Gilbert Burns live would hold its next event on May 30, even though he doesn't yet have a definitive location for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Lebron played football in high school too. He also trained in 2011 for football during lockout. So much for the Lebron could not handle 80s 90s cheap shot pushing and shoving.
    Omg he played HS football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Is this a black and white question, who's better? In what circumstances?

Best of 7 playing 1 on 1, I take Kobe in seven (maybe 6). LBJ might be bigger but like the saying goes, " It's not the size of the dog in the fight but rather the size of the fight in the dog".

Best of 7 playing 5 on 5 with 4 scrub teammates, I take LBJ in 5. His willingness to get scrub teammates involved for the betterment of the team is vastly superior then Kobe. It would be Kobe playing against 5.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Is this a black and white question, who's better? In what circumstances?

Best of 7 playing 1 on 1, I take Kobe in seven (maybe 6). LBJ might be bigger but like the saying goes, " It's not the size of the dog in the fight but rather the size of the fight in the dog".

Best of 7 playing 5 on 5 with 4 scrub teammates, I take LBJ in 5. His willingness to get scrub teammates involved for the betterment of the team is vastly superior then Kobe. It would be Kobe playing against 5.
    what if Kobe faced Shaq 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

lol just saying it proves heís use to rough contact from an early age. Itís not something heís afraid of. Sure he might sell a hard foul but that like everyone else today. If he played In That era he would dish out as much as he receive. So donít think it goes one way. Would you rather an elbow from Larry or Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Kobe in 5, maybe sweep.

Shaq needs someone to get him the ball down low to be effective. You trust Shaq putting the ball on the floor from the 3 point line with Kobe hounding him? You also think Shaq could guard Kobe on the perimeter?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He also shot well from 3 in HS

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    lol just saying it proves heís use to rough contact from an early age. Itís not something heís afraid of. Sure he might sell a hard foul but that like everyone else today. If he played In That era he would dish out as much as he receive. So donít think it goes one way. Would you rather an elbow from Larry or Lebron?
    The one that didnít play HS football obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Kobe in 5, maybe sweep.

Shaq needs someone to get him the ball down low to be effective. You trust Shaq putting the ball on the floor from the 3 point line with Kobe hounding him? You also think Shaq could guard Kobe on the perimeter?
    That would be a case of size and strength vs skills. Sure if they play full court no question Kobe but in a half court Shaq massive size would overwhelm Kobe. Turn the back to the basket back him down easy plus Shaq have enough handles to survive in half court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5q...ature=youtu.be I think you need a lil reminder.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-21-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I feel the same. 1vs 1 Iíll bet on Kobe to beat Lebron. With 4 other guys I would bet on Lebrons team.