Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 290 of 451 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 6764
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    bryant in a game 7 performance against the boston celtics shot

25/0/73 on 24 shots from the field and 6 shots from 3 with 4 turnovers and won the game..... imagine if lebron did this lmfao

Metta world piece at the age of 9 million played more minutes/shot better/was their best defender and won the game 7 with his 2 way play.... thoughts?.

it gets better... in game 7 not only was Metta better but Gasol was better as well... In a game 7 kobe was the 3rd string at home against the celtics.....
    Kobe averaged 28.6 per game, 52.8% TS.

LeBron in 2013 during his back to back championship. 25.3 per, 52.9% TS.

Jordan in 1996 finals. 27.3 per, 53.8% TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Kobe averaged 28.6 per game, 52.8% TS.

LeBron in 2013 during his back to back championship. 25.3 per, 52.9% TS.

Jordan in 1996 finals. 27.3 per, 53.8% TS.
    LeBron G7 of the 2013 Finals: 37 PTs, 12/23 FG, 5/10 FT. He also hit the shot to put the game away when they were up 90-88 with 30 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You quoted a different post and are now quoting something from like 3 months back that still doesn't break down the win loss records lol... What is this?
    What is this? That is the beginning of a conversation you weren't a part of but then somehow assumed that I mentioned something out of nowhere. Read up the whole thread if you want to say that people started saying ****.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    LeBron G7 of the 2013 Finals: 37 PTs, 12/23 FG, 5/10 FT. He also hit the shot to put the game away when they were up 90-88 with 30 seconds left.
    James was special no doubt. I truly believe he was getting that 4th ring as well before the season shut down.

I was just showing the confused on why that finals raised Kobe legacy.

This NYKAllTheWay is a total embarrassment. For him to still be allowed to have access to the internet is in itself the biggest problem with the invention of the internet.

First off, defense today is far more sophisticated than it was back then. If you don't think guys today know how to elbow, shove, push, punch, etc., any better than they did during the '80-'90s, you are just incompetent. The schemes today require far more research and game-planning than it did back then due to the game opening up and continuing to grow.

Secondly, it's funny that he does not realize that if LeBron was allowed to shove, push, and absolutely pummel other players while not being called for a foul, he would be averaging 35+ PPG if he wanted to. Players today are bigger, faster, quicker, stronger, and more athletic than during the 80-90's era. LeBron is Karl Malone with Derrick Rose's speed. What do you think happens when LeBron decides he wants to start shoving 200 lb'ers around knowing he won't get called for it? Right now, players bounce off LeBron and end up falling to the floor while LeBron sinks the and-1.

Third, this fool really started putting Oscar Robertson, Charles Barkley, Moses Malone, etc., in the same sentence as LeBron after saying he is limited by his athleticism and didn't have to acquire the essential basketball skills. Who the hell are you to proclaim someone who was hailed as a basketball prodigy and has been dominating the league for 17+ years as never acquiring essential basketball skills? Have you watched him pass the ball? Call out plays that the other team was designing? Telling OTHER teams what plays they should be running? Remembering the plays from years ago that coaches ran against him? You know, the narrative about LeBron was 'just wait until he turns 30, bro. His athleticism will decline and he'll be a bum." He's age 35, top 2 in the MVP voting, still the best player in the league, and is leading a team to a top three contention for the NBA championship. Meanwhile, you're here trying to convince us that the Big O and Charles Barkley deserve to be mentioned as well. Go kick rocks, you fool.

Fourth, you speak about the weak Eastern Conference. Was it weak when Jordan made the playoffs with a 30-52 record? How about when Reggie Miller+ Rik Smits took the Bulls to seven games? You're telling me LeBron wouldn't have absolutely destroyed Reggie Miller + Rik Smits? It was weak and yet, no NBA superstar wanted to come to the East to take LeBron down. If it was so weak, why didn't more elite players go to the Eastern Conference and beat down on the weak East as LeBron did? Is it LeBron's fault that he continued honing his craft, maintain his body, and took advantage of the fact that other players were scared of him in the East?

Fifth, he's claiming statistics don't matter as much because the eye test is more important. True. Most people see LeBron as an undisputed top five and there is a large percentage who see him as a top three NBA player. So which eye test are YOU taking, specifically? As a matter of fact, when was the last time you saw your optometrist? Let's face it: We know why you refuse to mention statistics when it comes to LeBron... Because it clearly will show that he dominates everyone - including KAJ, when it comes down to it. All of a sudden, statistics don't matter because well, LeBron James is the King of it. Yet, I bet this fool has no problem mentioning statistics when it comes down to Ewing vs Joakim Noah.

Dude, just shut the hell up. I'll gladly pay you whatever you are paying your ISP to disconnect your service permanently. You're a terrible poster who has shown an inability to demonstrate any capacity of intelligence regarding basketball. You trying to mention Barkley + Julius Erving and countless other players who do not belong in the same planet as LeBron is further evidence you are willing to go to any length to discredit LeBron. Why not mention Muggsy Bogues while you're at it.

Back to the discussion, this ended, officially, in 2016. LeBron has more MVP's, statistical records, rings as the first option, and is the better overall player than Kobe. Respect to Kobe and I know Lakers fans are still emotional to it but putting Kobe over LeBron in any ranking at this point just comes down to emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    What is this? That is the beginning of a conversation you weren't a part of but then somehow assumed that I mentioned something out of nowhere. Read up the whole thread if you want to say that people started saying ****.
    Lol no I didn't assume anything. I literally quoted it and the follow up quote right after this if you click that link it will bring you back to the entire conversation.

Maybe you should read back even just a few pages and remember conversations you were literally a part of (until you ignored it/stopped responding).

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately he wasnít good enough to take Doug Westís spot on the Twolves in 4 years of trying. I loved Donyell in college but he wasnít good. He had 1 or 2 ďok heís a liveĒ years but other than that, pretty trash. Not ever better than prime Doug West on the T wolves.
    Never said he was great but he was more than serviceable and his attributes would make him an ideal 5 in todays game.

You like DeRozan right? Donyell has comparable career win shares and higher VORP in similar amount of games. Not exactly setting the bar high, I realize but when he can accumulate similar numbers despite very spotty shooting across his career it highlights his versatility.

Edit: wtf are you even talking about, Marshall spent 1 year on the Wolves. This is why you never trust someone who calls himself I know hoops.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 05-18-2020 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Lol no I didn't assume anything. I literally quoted it and the follow up quote right after this if you click that link it will bring you back to the entire conversation.

Maybe you should read back even just a few pages and remember conversations you were literally a part of (until you ignored it/stopped responding).
    You quoted something from last week saying I brought it up when the argument was initiated by Valade 3 months ago... Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    This NYKAllTheWay is a total embarrassment. For him to still be allowed to have access to the internet is in itself the biggest problem with the invention of the internet.

First off, defense today is far more sophisticated than it was back then. If you don't think guys today know how to elbow, shove, push, punch, etc., any better than they did during the '80-'90s, you are just incompetent. The schemes today require far more research and game-planning than it did back then due to the game opening up and continuing to grow.

Secondly, it's funny that he does not realize that if LeBron was allowed to shove, push, and absolutely pummel other players while not being called for a foul, he would be averaging 35+ PPG if he wanted to. Players today are bigger, faster, quicker, stronger, and more athletic than during the 80-90's era. LeBron is Karl Malone with Derrick Rose's speed. What do you think happens when LeBron decides he wants to start shoving 200 lb'ers around knowing he won't get called for it? Right now, players bounce off LeBron and end up falling to the floor while LeBron sinks the and-1.

Third, this fool really started putting Oscar Robertson, Charles Barkley, Moses Malone, etc., in the same sentence as LeBron after saying he is limited by his athleticism and didn't have to acquire the essential basketball skills. Who the hell are you to proclaim someone who was hailed as a basketball prodigy and has been dominating the league for 17+ years as never acquiring essential basketball skills? Have you watched him pass the ball? Call out plays that the other team was designing? Telling OTHER teams what plays they should be running? Remembering the plays from years ago that coaches ran against him? You know, the narrative about LeBron was 'just wait until he turns 30, bro. His athleticism will decline and he'll be a bum." He's age 35, top 2 in the MVP voting, still the best player in the league, and is leading a team to a top three contention for the NBA championship. Meanwhile, you're here trying to convince us that the Big O and Charles Barkley deserve to be mentioned as well. Go kick rocks, you fool.

Fourth, you speak about the weak Eastern Conference. Was it weak when Jordan made the playoffs with a 30-52 record? How about when Reggie Miller+ Rik Smits took the Bulls to seven games? You're telling me LeBron wouldn't have absolutely destroyed Reggie Miller + Rik Smits? It was weak and yet, no NBA superstar wanted to come to the East to take LeBron down. If it was so weak, why didn't more elite players go to the Eastern Conference and beat down on the weak East as LeBron did? Is it LeBron's fault that he continued honing his craft, maintain his body, and took advantage of the fact that other players were scared of him in the East?

Fifth, he's claiming statistics don't matter as much because the eye test is more important. True. Most people see LeBron as an undisputed top five and there is a large percentage who see him as a top three NBA player. So which eye test are YOU taking, specifically? As a matter of fact, when was the last time you saw your optometrist? Let's face it: We know why you refuse to mention statistics when it comes to LeBron... Because it clearly will show that he dominates everyone - including KAJ, when it comes down to it. All of a sudden, statistics don't matter because well, LeBron James is the King of it. Yet, I bet this fool has no problem mentioning statistics when it comes down to Ewing vs Joakim Noah.

Dude, just shut the hell up. I'll gladly pay you whatever you are paying your ISP to disconnect your service permanently. You're a terrible poster who has shown an inability to demonstrate any capacity of intelligence regarding basketball. You trying to mention Barkley + Julius Erving and countless other players who do not belong in the same planet as LeBron is further evidence you are willing to go to any length to discredit LeBron. Why not mention Muggsy Bogues while you're at it.

Back to the discussion, this ended, officially, in 2016. LeBron has more MVP's, statistical records, rings as the first option, and is the better overall player than Kobe. Respect to Kobe and I know Lakers fans are still emotional to it but putting Kobe over LeBron in any ranking at this point just comes down to emotions.
    Almost everything in here is so wrong and so repetitive that it's getting ridiculous.

The defense can be as sophisticated as it wishes to be, that still doesn't allow physicality. This is a contact sport, if you abolish contact, you are pretty much detaining defense. If that is so damn hard to process, watch some volleyball and tell me if it's not going to be harder if they could physically touch and abuse the team making the attack... This is basketball dude, it's meant to be played with hands on bodies and with force otherwise skinny 5ft8 guys could have a role in the sport.

Yeah, we get it, Lebron is fast and strong. But he's fast and strong, that's about it. The problem comes with his ball handling and dribbling, it's usually illegal. And not because they changed the rules, but because they don't give a rat's *** about the rules that are in place to begin with. Lebron traveling is not some hate speech, it's fact. And it's not just Lebron, that's why the state of the current NBA is so poor compared to older times. The basic basketball stuff are killed so that we can "enjoy" the so called spectacle of athleticism and three point shooting. At the expense of real basketball and real basketball legends of course, but we're a multibillion dollar industry, we can create our own heroes....

I'm loving the list of basketball qualities that Lebron has acquired over the years as an NBA player, how he changed the game - which was why I mentioned those players - while you're making an argument about his basketball awareness which I never doubted and actually have praised, but simply because I said that it's not matching Larry Bird's (who probably is the #1 guy here) I'm just "a hater". What does that even have to do with learning how to post up, handle the ball properly, dribble, avoid mistyping stuff to mask blatant traveling (crab dribble, more like frog leaps) and not knowing how to use his body other than ram towards the basket until he lost to the Mavs in 2011? I do appreciate the fact that he sat his *** down to get to work after that huge L, but he only started to work a bit on his post moves with Hakeem and while people may claim he was "the best post player", that's ridiculous. He just became more effective than before, which wasn't hard. Now for the rest of your post, if Lebron decides he wants to be a coach, if he manages to bridge the mental gaps he has and pass some knowledge on, I believe he'll make an excellent choice. Doesn't make him a greater basketball player, though.

Yet another naive one. Damn, do you guys go to the same club or something? What does the W-L record have to do with how bad a Conference is back in the freaking 80s of all eras?
    The Pacers were just Reggie Miller and Rik Smits? And yeah, Jordan was all by himself. Dude, for ****'s sake, educate yourself in the game you waste time arguing and then come up with a real thing to say, not a silly thing that elementary kids say during break.

No NBA star wanted to come to the East? Really? That's the reason? They were so scared of him losing to Turkoglu and choking against the old Celtics in 2010, that's it right? In fact, they were so scared of him, that they also forced him to join the 2nd best player's team, along with anoherr hot FA!!! And then Amare Stoudemire came to New York. Followed by Carmelo Anthony. More could have come, but there wasn't any other big FA. Yet as time passed, more did come. And what happened when the East got more talent? Lebron fled it... He couldn't handle not being in the best team in the East so he went to find an excuse out for being in a "bad team" out West, which actually wasn't that bad.

The reason I 'refuse' "statistics" is because they are not showing anything that needs to be said. Most of these numbers are making up a synthetic box score that adds no value to basketball, it just creates a passtime for nerds. Basketball analytics do not waste their times with stats, they care about tendencies, movement and general information which they pool in (aka "data") and then come to conclusions. It's processing this data that makes analytics effective, not "numbers", which in nerd tongue is stuff like Defensive Win Shares, VORP, eFG%, TS% and what not. These are just shiny box score figures. They have as much merit as FG% or the number of blocks.

Yeap, I need my internet cut because you think that Charles Barkley and Julius Erving are the same thing as Mugsy Bogues...
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 05-18-2020 at 06:29 PM.

You quoted something from last week saying I brought it up when the argument was initiated by Valade 3 months ago... Are you for real?
    I showed you specifically asking for a breakdown of w/l records in the 80's and how many got to 60 wins. I quoted and shared it because you were pretending Valade just brought it up out of nowhere when YOU asked for that type of analysis.

How many times did the Lakers have 60+ win seasons? How many 60+ win seasons did other teams in the league have in the 80s?

Here it is, AGAIN. You ASKED for that breakdown and he did it. Then when it went against your narrative you pretended it meant nothing. All I have done is pointed out what you asked for and shared his quote answering when you denied it and linked to something random months ago. Lol this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-18-2020 at 06:36 PM.

I showed you specifically asking for a breakdown of w/l records in the 80's and how many got to 60 wins. I quoted and shared it because you were pretending Valade just brought it up out of nowhere when YOU asked for that type of analysis.

Here it is, AGAIN. You ASKED for that breakdown and he did it. Then when it went against your narrative you pretended it meant nothing. All I have done is pointed out what you asked for and shared his quote answering when you denied it and linked to something random months ago. Lol this is ridiculous.
    And here we go again.. That was not when the argument began, that was me going back to something Valade had said because he made a weak argument that he kept contradicting.

If you tell me 2 months from now someplace to comment on why Jerry West beats Lebron James in terms of greatness, do I honestly get to tell you that you brought it up? Do I get to tell you that you said that Jerry West is better than Lebron James? That's what you're trying to do here for some reason, while you've wasted like 5 posts on the internet when you could have clicked a button and spent 10 minutes to read the beginning of this argument and never bring this up again.

And here we go again.. That was not when the argument began, that was me going back to something Valade had said because he made a weak argument that he kept contradicting.

If you tell me 2 months from now someplace to comment on why Jerry West beats Lebron James in terms of greatness, do I honestly get to tell you that you brought it up? Do I get to tell you that you said that Jerry West is better than Lebron James? That's what you're trying to do here for some reason, while you've wasted like 5 posts on the internet when you could have clicked a button and spent 10 minutes to read the beginning of this argument and never bring this up again.
    I never said it was where the entire argument between you began, I pointed out you literally asking for that breakdown he supplied at a specific point.

If I literally ask you to break something down and you do it, I won't pretend you are insane for breaking that thing down and would acknowledge I did ask for it lol.

All I am doing is making a very very simple point. If you ask someone to break something down don't pretend you didn't or that they just brought this up etc. when you literally asked for that type of breakdown before they did it.

I never said it was where the entire argument between you began, I pointed out you literally asking for that breakdown he supplied at a specific point.

If I literally ask you to break something down and you do it, I won't pretend you are insane for breaking that thing down and would acknowledge I did ask for it lol.

All I am doing is making a very very simple point. If you ask someone to break something down don't pretend you didn't or that they just brought this up etc. when you literally asked for that type of breakdown before they did it.
    And here we go again.

I am referring to the same thing you are. The only difference here is that you keep assuming that I brought up the whole W-L thing first. In fact, I referred you to the origin of that argument from Valade, 3 months prior to this day. Read the conversation and you will see why I asked Valade that question. It's not hard.

And no, you're not making a very very simple point, you are just missing the point by a very very big margin.

I don't know how anyone can listen to this drivel when all Lebron was " fast and strong". Not to mention, we're going to dismiss advanced stats because we have no understanding of them or think they are strictly for "nerds".

The bias is strong in this one and its pretty freaking obvious.

Irony in calling people naive btw when if you polled most NBA fans, Lebron would be among their top 2 or 3 (and at least their top 5) but someone has him nowhere near there and they're the informed one.

Okay.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-18-2020 at 08:01 PM.

And here we go again.

I am referring to the same thing you are. The only difference here is that you keep assuming that I brought up the whole W-L thing first. In fact, I referred you to the origin of that argument from Valade, 3 months prior to this day. Read the conversation and you will see why I asked Valade that question. It's not hard.

And no, you're not making a very very simple point, you are just missing the point by a very very big margin.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First, when have I ever said players from the 80ís sucked? I have said they all arenít better than every player from today, and maybe in your mind that equals they all suck.

Second, yeah they werenít that much better relative to the league, itís just that for 10 years not a single team from their conference was ever as good as talented as them. Itís funny that youíre so mad at LeBronís team being better than his competitors for 4 years when Magicís was better than his competitors for 10.

As for the tougher competition, they made the Finals 9 times in the decade. Sure sounds like they faced a ton of stuff competition

Alright I have no idea how many things I have to quote, this is what you responded to. He did not bring up W/L in this post, you responded by ASKING him to for those teams and he went into that breakdown of 60 win teams for that reason (which is the discussion I was in on/watching).

If someone brought up W/L back 3 months ago that is different than the specific conversation that was taking place lol. In this conversation you specifically asked for that breakdown and he gave it then you whined about it