Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 278 of 452 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 6766
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Because you are not very smart comparing high school 3pt pct to nba 3pt pct. thatís one of the dumbest things Iíve heard in psd guy. I get it, I call you out on the indefensible idiotic things you say and you canít answer for them. You are a coward
    Dude, ffs I didn't compare ****. I replied to someone who said Carter was a good college shooter (is that the same as the Nba?and said that if he wants to be ridiculous like that, I can also show that LeBron's HS numbers were good.

The only dumb thing here is you not getting what is said and why it was said.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Dude, ffs I didn't compare ****. I replied to someone who said Carter was a good college shooter (is that the same as the Nba?and said that if he wants to be ridiculous like that, I can also show that LeBron's HS numbers were good.

The only dumb thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

In my line of work, we call people who do these things many not so nice things. I didn't expect that you were such a person but you keep showing a terrible image.

You asked something very simple, I gave a very simple answer. If you cannot compute this then I cannot really be of much more help here.

RELATIVE TO ITS ERA, THAT LAKERS TEAM WAS NOT GOOD! It became good when West came. So both Baylor and West got drafted from one of the worst teams in the league and together they managed to elevate the level of that team to new heights as other teams had began to lose stars and their teammates developed or new blood was recruited.
    They were bad team whose luck changed when the second star arrived. It was still a bad team with a rookie Baylor and a sophomore Baylor.

RELATIVE to their competition, they were in a worse situation than Lebron with the Cavs. All Lebron needed to have a championship team was one superstar. In the 50s and 60s you needed three of these guys as competition was much more fierce.

Relative to competition, Lebron in what you call a crap team manages to become part of an Eastern Conference contender. Do you still not get it or are you doing this on purpose?

Really, this is the last thing I bother with you unless you show me that you have the capacity of understanding basic things such as this. I don't mind it if it's a lack of knowledge, I can respect and appreciate that assuming the person can change and embrace new information, but when you refuse to see the obvious, twist words around what was said to make a stupid statement like the one you keep repeating, well this I cannot respect in no way.

Anyway, **** it. I was gonna comment on your double standards regarding Melo v Lebron in the 00s but no need. I know what you're gonna say anyway. What I don't know is what kind of low quality, uncorrelated assumption you will draw from something. It's entertainment in some sense, but when someone is trying to have a conversation it's getting dull when the other party doesn't respect that.
    They market players dude thats why you think it was one star. Quick question, back in show time era would you say Magic=Curry, Klay=Worthy, Green=Byron Scott, Iggy=Cooper? Why put a title on one guy back then say back then it was just one star?

Lets put OKC back in the day of the so called 1 star. Lets play it out. They market Durant then Westbrook, Harden, Ibalka would be stuck in a role. Does it mean they are no good? Harden, westbrook, would not get view as stars.

How were they worst when Lebron prevented Cavs from being to low to get a good pick?
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-15-2020 at 07:19 AM.

You have completely missed the point and I clearly said 90s, why are you coming up with 80s examples?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The only dumb thing?
    I'm trying to be nice to our resident stooge.

Lebron for me

it have a reason why Boston and Lakers won so much back in the day compared to everyone else.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-15-2020 at 09:55 AM.

You have completely missed the point and I clearly said 90s, why are you coming up with 80s examples?
    same difference between the two. Itís was just an example using more modern players so one can relate. The Whole it was just one star was marketing. Even so 90s was duo. You can look far back and spring forward itís all the same. Jerry pushes for Baylor to get a statue base on he himself knew it was not possible without him.

https://lakersnation.com/jerry-west-praises-elgin-baylor-statue-speech-humility-help-teammates-lakers-rookie/2018/04/09/

ď But West most remembers Baylor for being a standout, model citizen that helped him get accustomed to the NBA level as a rookie. ďIn 1960, coming out of a state that was kind of backwards in a way, and never traveling very much and not having the privilege to see Mr. Baylor play when he was a rookie, I had an opportunity to get drafted that changed my life forever,Ē West said. West believes his transition to the NBA was a difficult challenge. Leaving his small hometown in West Virginia for the bright lights of Los Angeles was a big task, but Baylor, despite his superstardom, always offered a helping hand.

ďA scared rookie,ď
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-15-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    it have a reason why Boston and Lakers won so much back in the day compared to everyone else.
    Well, the Lakers were one of the greatest teams ever. And so were Boston.

Why are you making the assumption that their opponents weren't any good and that they couldn't have won a title in this era or another one?
    Why are you making the assumption that those Lakers and Celtics teams wouldn't be tearing it apart in every decade that followed?

2008-2010 Kobe scored over 600+ points in the playoffs. 3 straight years. Joe Dumars, Grant Hill, Penny, Jordan or every NBA player ever has never accomplished this feat. Only Kobe.

Kobe had 9 straight 3 points in a single game. A record that still stands in the 3 point era.

The youngest defender to ever make a all NBA 1st team.

The season Kobe got 35 a game he still made All defensive 1st team.

In my line of work, we call people who do these things many not so nice things. I didn't expect that you were such a person but you keep showing a terrible image.

You asked something very simple, I gave a very simple answer. If you cannot compute this then I cannot really be of much more help here.

RELATIVE TO ITS ERA, THAT LAKERS TEAM WAS NOT GOOD! It became good when West came. So both Baylor and West got drafted from one of the worst teams in the league and together they managed to elevate the level of that team to new heights as other teams had began to lose stars and their teammates developed or new blood was recruited.
    They were bad team whose luck changed when the second star arrived. It was still a bad team with a rookie Baylor and a sophomore Baylor.

RELATIVE to their competition, they were in a worse situation than Lebron with the Cavs. All Lebron needed to have a championship team was one superstar. In the 50s and 60s you needed three of these guys as competition was much more fierce.

Relative to competition, Lebron in what you call a crap team manages to become part of an Eastern Conference contender. Do you still not get it or are you doing this on purpose?

Really, this is the last thing I bother with you unless you show me that you have the capacity of understanding basic things such as this. I don't mind it if it's a lack of knowledge, I can respect and appreciate that assuming the person can change and embrace new information, but when you refuse to see the obvious, twist words around what was said to make a stupid statement like the one you keep repeating, well this I cannot respect in no way.

Anyway, **** it. I was gonna comment on your double standards regarding Melo v Lebron in the 00s but no need. I know what you're gonna say anyway. What I don't know is what kind of low quality, uncorrelated assumption you will draw from something. It's entertainment in some sense, but when someone is trying to have a conversation it's getting dull when the other party doesn't respect that.
    Again, you are lying. Now you are saying that your point was the Lakers with Baylor was in a worse position relative to the league than the Cavs with LeBron?

No, the question was name a worse team relative to the league that one of those top players joined. Meaning you quite clearly said the Lakers with Baylor were a worse situation relative to the league than the Cavs without LeBron.

The Lakers that Jerry West joined that already had Elgin Baylor was a better team than the team LeBron joined, even relative to the league.

You then completely, ignore half the equation by saying things like "all you needed was to have 1 superstar" and then completely omit the other thing all the championship teams of the era had: stellar supporting casts.

Seriously, here's the supporting casts around the champions during LeBron's first run in Cleveland:

San Antonio: 1 Superstar (Duncan), and Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker
    Miami: 1 Superstar (Wade), and Shaquille O'Neal
    Boston: 1 Superstar (Garnett), and Paul Pierce and Ray Allen
    Lakers: 1 Superstar (Kobe), and Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom and Ron Artest
    Pistons: 0 Superstars, but Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and Tayshaun Prince

So it shows either how little you know about basketball during this time or how much you hate LeBron by constantly comparing the fact that it was 1 superstar on each of those teams without comparing the supporting casts around those superstars.

But let's do a quick question, rank the supporting casts each superstar had:

Duncan with Parker/Ginobili
    Kobe with Pau/Odom/Artest
    Garnett with Pierce/Allen
    Wade with Shaquille O'Neal

Or LeBron with Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

You already know the answer. That's why after you said LeBron's Cavs team was "superior" I showed you that 3/4 times he lost in the playoffs it was to the Pistons and Boston's Big 3 and you didn't mention the point again.

But I'm curious to know, which of the above superstars supporting casts during their championship seasons was worse than LeBron's during that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    2008-2010 Kobe scored over 600+ points in the playoffs. 3 straight years. Joe Dumars, Grant Hill, Penny, Jordan or every NBA player ever has never accomplished this feat. Only Kobe.

Kobe had 9 straight 3 points in a single game. A record that still stands in the 3 point era.

The youngest defender to ever make a all NBA 1st team.

The season Kobe got 35 a game he still made All defensive 1st team.
    That is a very impressive feat. Can you imagine that Jordan did that while also winning a championship the same year and won MVP. Wow!!! Not to take away from Kobe, just makes you even more appreciate what Jordan was able to accomplish. Props to Kobe though for being the closest thing to Jordan since. Mamba Mentality is a great legacy to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The only dumb thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm trying to be nice to our resident stooge.
    You two love birds are perfect for each other

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Again, you are lying. Now you are saying that your point was the Lakers with Baylor was in a worse position relative to the league than the Cavs with LeBron?

No, the question was name a worse team relative to the league that one of those top players joined. Meaning you quite clearly said the Lakers with Baylor were a worse situation relative to the league than the Cavs without LeBron.

The Lakers that Jerry West joined that already had Elgin Baylor was a better team than the team LeBron joined, even relative to the league.

You then completely, ignore half the equation by saying things like "all you needed was to have 1 superstar" and then completely omit the other thing all the championship teams of the era had: stellar supporting casts.

Seriously, here's the supporting casts around the champions during LeBron's first run in Cleveland:

San Antonio: 1 Superstar (Duncan), and Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker
    Miami: 1 Superstar (Wade), and Shaquille O'Neal
    Boston: 1 Superstar (Garnett), and Paul Pierce and Ray Allen
    Lakers: 1 Superstar (Kobe), and Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom and Ron Artest
    Pistons: 0 Superstars, but Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and Tayshaun Prince

So it shows either how little you know about basketball during this time or how much you hate LeBron by constantly comparing the fact that it was 1 superstar on each of those teams without comparing the supporting casts around those superstars.

But let's do a quick question, rank the supporting casts each superstar had:

Duncan with Parker/Ginobili
    Kobe with Pau/Odom/Artest
    Garnett with Pierce/Allen
    Wade with Shaquille O'Neal

Or LeBron with Mo Williams and Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

You already know the answer. That's why after you said LeBron's Cavs team was "superior" I showed you that 3/4 times he lost in the playoffs it was to the Pistons and Boston's Big 3 and you didn't mention the point again.

But I'm curious to know, which of the above superstars supporting casts during their championship seasons was worse than LeBron's during that time?
    Supporting casts are more than just two or three dudes sir. It's a whole dynamic and chemistry as well. Coaching etc. To take two or three of the top guys on the team and then ask someone to rank the entire dynamic of the team concept that goes into a supporting cast, not to mention there are actually 15 dudes on a roster, not three or four, is just irresponsible.

You're funny because you keep repeating what Valade and a couple of others keep repeating because that's the simplicity they want to add to their counterpart to make their opinion seem good enough.

I did not say that by default players were better than they are now.
    I may have said that on average they were better skilled. Which js true, when it comes to American players. The Europeans and other internationals are on the same skill level. (Yet you see them dominate which wasn't possible 30 years ago, even when legends came to play such as Drazen, Marciulionis, Kukoc, Radja, Vrankovic, Divac or later on Jasikevicius, Navarro, Spanoulis etc) but only Pau Gasol managed to reach these expectations (Dirk and Parker were unknowns) . That should be alarm people. Especially when you notice that Europe doesn't breed more basketball players these days than it used to, only a handful of countries have seen a rise since the early 2000s.

I also said that superstars of old are better than modern ones. I stand by this. It is far too simple to break into words. They just are. Anyone who knows basketball can see this. There's like 5 players since 2010 that have what it takes to translate their game into any era, which includes mental attributes as well. That would be Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Wade and Pierce. These guys would probably have been the same in any era. Lebron is in this discussion due to his unreal athleticism and longevity, not due to character or skills. This is very crucial once you realize. His game does not translate. He could adapt, but with his personality he has shown that he probably cannot. He's far more likely to be an 80s figure similar to Sugar Ray Richardson or Marques Johnson than a Magic Johnson. Both are great players, but they didn't adapt the same way.

Claiming that the fact that it took him 12 years to learn how to post up as some sort of an achievement is hilarious. We teach kids how to post up in their 2nd month of basketball training. 2nd month! And they keep working on it for ever. Dribbling and passing come from session 1. These are kids from 7 to 9 years old ffs
    Marques Johnson? Lololololololololol
    Magic Johnson disagrees with you
    All anyone needs to know about you and your knowledge of the game is in this post. Thereís a very good chance you are Amosler1 dupe account. When you are the only person on earth comparing Marques Johnson to Lebron, itís apparent you are a complete waste of time and there is no need to even come back on you. Your just one crazy man with crazy ideas that nobody believes. If your this off, Iím thinking you may need some help. I never seen anyone consistently post the novel length posts you do which also seems pretty nutty.