Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 223 of 240 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3596
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: Then why does pretty much EVERYONE but you say he is? This is more of your delusional reality you've created for yourself.

Every single list has LeBron bear the top. LeVron was voted to be the best by GMs like 10 years in a row (exaggeration, but it was a lot). There is nobody who wouldnít call LeBron elite.

Do you seriously think EVERYBODY but you and Romeo are wrong?

Second and Third Bolded: Even when you try to prove me wrong, you prove me right. Try to play the semantics game all you want, the best you can do is acknowledge there are talented players but that nobody who wants to win or has a winners mentality? Seriously? Not Damian Lillard? Not Isaiah Thomas, who played the day after his sister died?

Itís as Iíve said all along, you think basketball died in 2004. Your stuck in the past.

We get it, you donít like the modern NBA. Problem is, you have let your hate cloud your judgement (or your ďdataĒ as you like to call your opinions).
    Even the former greats, who almost have an unwritten rule to never toss current players way up in all time rankings, have all, and I mean all, come around and stated Lebron is one of the greatest few to ever play. I watched Bird, Magic, and everyone since. I know stats. I am old enough that biases no longer contort my views. LEbron is better than anyone I have seen except Jordan. He dominates in so many ways that even Bird, Magic, Shaq, or Duncan couldn't. He has done it for over 15 years and counting now. Multiple MVPs, titles, Finals MVPs, and numbers that are from a video game. He is easily a top 3 player ever for me. MJ, and KAJ are really his only peers in my view. I can stomach a case for Wilt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Because plenty of those guys have embarrassing performances of their own, many before even making the finals
    Name one equal to or worse than LeBron in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmLaker View Post
    Both Kobe and LeBron are top 5 all-time to me. Lol@ some of you placing Kobe outside of the top 10.

MuH kObE iZ tOp 8-745 MuH
    Jordan
    Kareem
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird

Those guys I will always have above LeBron unless he can lead the Lakers this year to a title in a convincing fashion.

I hope this thread never dies

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    They can be better, because their numbers, accolades, success, longevity, dominance, and impact say so.

If you don't understand stats, cool. If you choose to ignore them to make your point, cool. His stats beat up everyone not named Jordan over time. His accolades beat up everyone not named Jordan or Jabbar over time. His sheer longevity is approaching Jabbar level, and he passed Magic/Bird in that department light years ago.

Magic played a bunch of C teams out west in the 80s, actually losing to a sub .500 team in his peak. Bird had failure galore before he even reached the finals.

Look, nobody wants to be a prisoner of the moment, but to actually believe LeBron's resume doesn't put him top 5 by career end is just laughable. I mean, if you think real basketball stopped 20 years ago, then fine. But LeBron is a 2011 finals win away from having Michael Jordan as his only peer.
    I understand all the stats man. I have a degree in Finance and Accounting and have taken many advanced statistics classes in college along the way. I have also studied the game of basketball for decades. I do not chose to ignore them. I just know how to place proper context, and how AT TIMES they can be misleading. My list and opinions factor all this in.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    Name one equal to or worse than LeBron in 2011.
    Lmfao. Is this a legit question?

I hope this thread never dies
    Bro, it's healthy and thriving. No signs of unwellness here.

Lmfao. Is this a legit question?
    What else would it be. I did forget to add a question mark though, so ya got me there.

Even the former greats, who almost have an unwritten rule to never toss current players way up in all time rankings, have all, and I mean all, come around and stated Lebron is one of the greatest few to ever play. I watched Bird, Magic, and everyone since. I know stats. I am old enough that biases no longer contort my views. LEbron is better than anyone I have seen except Jordan. He dominates in so many ways that even Bird, Magic, Shaq, or Duncan couldn't. He has done it for over 15 years and counting now. Multiple MVPs, titles, Finals MVPs, and numbers that are from a video game. He is easily a top 3 player ever for me. MJ, and KAJ are really his only peers in my view. I can stomach a case for Wilt too.
    How come a prime Duncan was able to win with less talent around him than LeBron has had at times then? In 03 alone he faced a prime Kobe/Shaq Lakers team and won with very little talent around him.

What else would it be. I did forget to add a question mark though, so ya got me there.
    That's not where I got ya. Its nba history that you don't know. This ain't graded by grammar bruh.

Give yourself time, go find their failures.

How come a prime Duncan was able to win with less talent around him than LeBron has had at times then? In 03 alone he faced a prime Kobe/Shaq Lakers team and won with very little talent around him.
    Does someone wanna take this? I'm fairly inebriated waiting for my flight, c'mon guys this fight is so much easier than you're all making it

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Bogutís injury was not the difference.
    It was a factor.

Draymond threw a punch towards Lebron. Of course thatís going to get him reprimanded. Nothing questionable about it.
    There was no foul called on that play. How can one be reprimanded if there is no call to adjust in the first place? Should the NBA be able to then go back and either add or change calls that were missed in games in the future by that logic? They certainly set precedent for it. Only to do so at their disclosure though. Surprised more wasn't made of it honestly. Stephen A. Smith called it out, but was brushed under the rug and no one else really ran with it.

The vast majority of anyone commenting on any of this believe in entirety that Lebron James is at a higher rank all time than Larry Bird. If you want that to be the cross that you bear than have it. Just know that you are wrong.
    Five dudes in consensus on some random website is hardly a "popular opinion" lol. Also, "popular opinion" does not necessarily mean correct opinion.

Does someone wanna take this? I'm fairly inebriated waiting for my flight, c'mon guys this fight is so much easier than you're all making it
    Airport lounges are great. If there are so many examples, and this is so easy, shouldn't something come to the top of your mind quite easily?

How drunk are you lol?
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 02-15-2020 at 06:55 PM.

That's not where I got ya. Its nba history that you don't know. This ain't graded by grammar bruh.

Give yourself time, go find their failures.
    It was a joke lol. I was hardly throwing a grammar police accusation at you. I know it quite well indeed. You were the one claiming you know of worse failures than LeBron in 2011. I know the history, and have made my assertations. If you feel I missed something, kindly enlighten me.

That statement alone oozes of credulity. I don't doubt you believe you are correct. You are just so overly convinced of it, you are unwilling to be open minded to any contradictions in your own philosophy.

You all are telling me how wrong I am, then when I bring up a valid point and act as if it's so ridiculous and beneath you that it's not worth your time to prove me wrong. I might be so inclined as to say that these could be diversion tactics.
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 02-15-2020 at 07:15 PM.