Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 197 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2950
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I disagree that this is LBJ's best team (at least talent wise, depth you might be right) and that he's never had a decent 6th man. The 2013 heat had an excellent roster and Ray Allen was an excellent 6th man. Battier was also an excellent player off the bench. I also disagree that those laker teams were all that stacked. Outside of Shaq and Kobe, those teams didn't have that much talent. The third best player on those teams was probably rick fox. Those teams were shaq and Kobe and good, solid role players, but those role players weren't crazy talented. Ray Allen alone was better than every player on those laker teams not named shaq or Kobe.
    Shane was a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Shane was a stud.

He sacrificed his career so that Bron wouldn't have to defend bigs. Dude fell off quickly thereafter.

No, I mean that what Harden does is merely an extension of what LBJ has done his whole carer in terms of dominating the ball. it's the next logical progression. Harden just has the ball more than LBJ, but both dominated the ball a lot and as a result have put up inflated numbers compared to former players who did not dominate the ball to that extent.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...ct_career.html just imagine playing outside the triangle. I am sure this is not up to date. but you get the drift. yes Lebron stats is inflated. lol
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-07-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He sacrificed his career so that Bron wouldn't have to defend bigs. Dude fell off quickly thereafter.
    He was a vet by the time he got to the Heat. He was just a great defender and an all around winner. Maybe not a 35 min guy at that point but always was a guy a wanted on my side

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...ct_career.html just imagine playing outside the triangle. I am sure this is not up to date. but you get the drift. yes Lebron stats is inflated. lol
    They are inflated, but you clearly don't understand why.

IMO lebron best Robin as far as fit. imo davis is the best but its a bit late. he's getting declining Lebron. Wade was the best teammate of all but was not the best fit.

Davis
    Kyrie
    Bosh
    Wade
    Love
    big Z
    ray allen
    Mo will
    shane
    JR smith
    larry huges
    Boozer

They are inflated, but you clearly don't understand why.
    inflated than anyone else?

I think what you need to measure is impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Its not ridiculous, its quite factual. Ill side with the quantifiable methods employed by those in the business over your archaic/unsubstantiated takes. Your personal opinion is irrelevant, wake me up when you FINALLY have objective evidence.

You lack contextual understanding of a players career, Wade was on the downslope of his prime and by the end of his run with Bron was shadow of his former self, no **** he couldnt win at the same rate as he did when he won as his teams ONLY star (Unless you consider that version of Shaq a star, IDK but that kind of shows you how much more productive Wade was to win with a sidekick below most of Kobe's sidekick years).

Being in the West isn't as tough when you have the games most dominant force. Just check how great the Lakers played without Kobe or when he was sitting down, so long as Shaq was around the team would contend on some level. I'd rather have a team that could play at an elite level without me than be in the East on a team that needed more from you. Shaq and Bron have similar peaks, most have Bron ahead (I dont) due to longevity, that has no bearing on this discussion.

Actually I was right about Kobe, its why they missed the playoffs, lost in R.1 for 3 years before he requested a trade. Feel free to deliver facts next post, lol remember when you couldn't even defend your take that Miami was favored to win the chip in 99, LMFAO. At least ur learning now, maybe teach me a thing or two.
    Oh I see, you mean the data that is not intended and should not be used to assess players? That data? Yeah, I already explained to you why that's not appropriate to use that data in that manner two posts ago so I won't do it again here, but maybe if you keep repeating the same thing you will convince yourself lol. Wade was still in his prime with LBJ and shaq was still a star with wade (fairly better than Gasol actually ever was). The decrease in Wade's numbers are mostly due to LBJ turning stars into role players. It's funny how whenever the guys you try to put up over kobe fall short on what's important you resort to "they were past their prime at that point". And no, you were not right about kobe. You used to say all kinds of nonsense about him and how he couldn't lead a team to a title on his own and then rather then admit you were wrong you went silent and tried to attack him via a different route.

As for your take on how the lakers were better without kobe, this is laughable and again highlights how you don't know how to interpret data. If a measurement leads to an absurd conclusion (and your take here is about as absurd as it can get), it usually means that you aren't drawing the right conclusion, or that the measurement isn't very useful or reliable, or both.

If you actually believe that nonsense, then your position should be that shaq and the lakers would have 3-peat WITHOUT kobe. Not only that, your position should be that they would have 3-peat and done so more easily WITHOUT kobe than with kobe. To be clear, this hypothetical isn't one in which they replace kobe with another star or even a role player. If you believe that the lakers were better without him, then he was holding them back and they won despite kobe and so they should have had an easier time winning without him. That position is absurd and laughable and anyone who has that position is either a troll or completely incompetent or both. For 3 years Shaq couldn't win with a much more loaded team and multiple additional all-star players (teams in which kobe was a 6th man), but somehow he was going to be able to carry a far less loaded and far less talented team without kobe no less. If this is not your position, then you do not believe those nonsense statistics and if that's the case, do us all a favor and stop drawing these absurd conclusions, which you do not believe. If you do believe that, then there is no need to reply and I apologize for giving you a hard time because you are clearly not a sane man lol.

It wasn't until kobe became a star that the lakers won. Shaq couldn't carry a team with 3 other all-stars and a loaded bench to a title. Once kobe became a star things changed. Shaq needed kobe, and no, Wade wouldnt be able to replace him because wade was never on the same level as kobe and it wasn't ever really that close either (and any data that doesn't show that is clearly useless data).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-07-2019 at 11:00 PM.

inflated than anyone else?
    Yes, because LBJ has always had the ball an inordinate amount of time in the half court.

Yes, because LBJ has always had the ball an inordinate amount of time in the half court.
    so he never shared the ball with Kyrie, Wade, Mo, West, etc? or he always played a slow pace?

so he never shared the ball with Kyrie, Wade, Mo, West, etc? or he always played a slow pace?
    He shared the ball, as in they took turns but he had the ball too much. He never learned to play together with his star teammates so it was always one or the other being effective, not both at the same time.

He shared the ball, as in they took turns but he had the ball too much. He never learned to play together with his star teammates so it was always one or the other being effective, not both at the same time.
    Lebron never learned to play with his teammates? you really believe that? they take turns? So he did like Kobe pass for 2.5 quarters and shoot the rest of the Way like MJ?

Lebron never learned to play with his teammates? you really believe that? they take turns? So he did like Kobe pass for 2.5 quarters and shoot the rest of the Way like MJ?
    Yes, I do believe that. It's clear whenever you watch him play. Even right now with AD they aren't really playing off of each other, they're taking turns. Kobe always learned to play together with his star teammates and they were always effective together at the same time, whereas with LBJ that's never been the case. They take turns. That's why Kyrie wasn't happy there. Bosh has also commented on it and so has Love.

this is Kobe out a system not named triangle

There's no question the Lakers have been the league's most disappointing team this season.

To say L.A. has a chemistry issue would be to say Craig Sager has a fashion issue.

Even with arguably the NBA's best players at two of the five positions, the Lakers limped to a 9-14 start to the 2012-13 season. Currently on their third head coach, the Lakers have begun to show signs of turning things around but still have plenty of issues to work out.

Offensively, taking care of the ball has been an issue.

L.A. ranks 29th out of 30 teams in turnovers per game, thanks in part to getting used to new players and poor on-court communication.

On defense, the Lakers have been referred to as "lazy" in both their schemes and efforts.

In this video, you can see some of the problems the Lakers have in their early-season loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

A healthy Steve Nash will certainly help, but for now, the Lakers have some of the worst chemistry in the NBA. When Nash missed time, it didn't help that backup Steve Blake was unavailable due to his own injury issues.

In Mike D'Antoni's fast-paced offense, point guard play is even more crucial. We saw how inept the Lakers could look when they lacked a true floor general.

Heat

While things didn't click right away for the Heat, Miami has since come together quite nicely as a team.

The core of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh is now in its third season with two Finals appearances and one Finals win already.

Off to an 18-6 start to begin the 2012-13 season, the Heat rank fourth in both assists (23) and points per game (103.4).

While veteran role players like Shane Battier and Ray Allen bring a lot to the chemistry department, everything starts with James and Wade.

While the team has struggled at times, these two superstars always seem to be on the same page on the court both offensively and defensively.

Passes like these only help to further prove the point.

It also helps that James is capable of playing just about every position on the floor. That versatility from the Heat's star player is huge should injuries occur or if coach Erik Spoelstra wants to shake up his rotation.