Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 151 of 195 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2912
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    That was the last game the lakers played prior to the trade happening. That's what I was responding to bc BJ said the trade happened after they were in 1st place.
    Oh I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I don't buy that. Phil just liked to stir the pot and do things to try and motivate his players.
    Except he wasn't coaching Kobe when he offered up his opinion that he wasn't playing solid fundamental defense. And if you look at the tape, he was getting blown bye often and wasn't locking down anyone. Try HARDER.

Kobe was an elite defender from very early on and it lasted up until he tore his achilles.
    False, he was an overrated defender after his early years and a very good team defender during his 2 legit chip runs

Most of those guys didn't have a choice as they were drafted or traded for. LBJ and Shaq are the only ones who outright signed here. Howard left as soon as he had the chance. AD was saying he wanted to come here, but so have a ton of other players and once they have the chance to, they go somewhere else (e.g., PG, KL, Melo, Aldridge, Butler). Every year we've made moves to have cap space and every year those guys allegedly interested in playing here sign elsewhere.
    i did not ask how they got to La. They were in La. Lakers did not sit back playing the draft they went out sign trade, buy, did what ever it took to get talent. Many other teams cant claim that. Thats why i Said Lakers were going to get someone to play with Shaq. they were not going to sit around and hope.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-04-2019 at 02:59 PM.

The Lakers were not in 1st when they traded for Gasol, they were like 5th or 6th in the conference

Gasol made an all-star team in Memphis. Even with that he was all-star caliber pretty much the day he started playing which has been a label that has been given to many players discussed in this thread
    Lakers where 25-11 when Bynum went down. 1st place in the Western Conference. After the injury Lakers went 5-5 and then traded for Gasol.

Walton and Brown started in that 5-5 span.

Technically the Heat traded for Lebron and Bosh

Boston gave up a ton? yea a ton of names and 2 draft picks... Al Jefferson is really the only person worth mentioning. When a superstar or a very good star gets traded the team trading away that player, never gets a fair return. It just doesn't happen.
    Its well known that they did KG a favor, he initially said no about going to Boston and was getting ready to join Nash in PHX. Its when Boston traded for Ray Allen that KG agreed to get traded.

Yeah I agree that the wolves didn't get back a fair return. A big difference though from other more recent situations like that (e.g., AD) is that the wolves were the ones who pushed hard for that trade and KG wanted to stay there. Jefferson was an all-star player at the time and west and green were considered to have a lot of potential at that point, but you're right that the wolves didn't get an equal return.
    Nothing said here is true. KG was the one pulling the strings and 2 former Celtics did each other a solid by asking for so little in return.

KG would later admit he should have asked out sooner than he did. Seriously, you have memory problems or you just love spewing BS to craft a narrative.

Al Jefferson never made an all star team, he would be one of those all-star caliber players weve been so fond of talking about
    LOL, where does he come up with these easily disproven lies? This is why Im a fan of facts, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    LOL, where does he come up with these easily disproven lies? This is why Im a fan of facts, personally.
    Like calling Malone a 20 and 10 guy with the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    That team was so talented they made the finals with all kind of issues that season. Injures to Karl and Shaq, chemistry in the triangle, chemistry with each other, Kobe rape trial. But you know some super teams dont qualify to be a super teams since its an opinion thing. I still cant believe a team from the east beat them.
    I made alot of money that Finals, it was obvious they were going to lose if you looked at the stats, luckily back then, almost no fan cared enough to think beyond Kobe and Shaq despite the Lakers only being elite if Shaq was at the top of his game..

Nothing said here is true. KG was the one pulling the strings and 2 former Celtics did each other a solid by asking for so little in return.

KG would later admit he should have asked out sooner than he did. Seriously, you have memory problems or you just love spewing BS to craft a narrative.
    This is what the old heads did they were afraid to move or could not in fear of getting cut. The new generation guys do not care about that. They even accept less money. Why stay and regret it later and hop when its to late. Not only are newer generation choosing were to play and with whom they are also getting paid more.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-04-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Like calling Malone a 20 and 10 guy with the Lakers?
    What? I dont see that anywhere but at least Malone was an actual All-Star type (posting superior numbers to young Jefferson). One is closer to reality, the other is an outright fabrication.

And Karl Malone was an outlet option, a defensive stopper and glue guy.They were elite in games he and Shaq played. I dont really get what post you are referencing so feel free to correct me.

i did not ask how they got to La. They were in La. Lakers did not sit back playing the draft they went out sign trade, buy, did what ever it took to get talent. Many other teams cant claim that. Thats why i Said Lakers were going to get someone to play with Shaq. they were not going to sit around and hope.
    It matters because you're saying that players just come to LA, which is not true. Once they no longer had assets to acquire guys, no one came.

One thing a lot of you seem to be forgetting about shaq is that he actually had plenty of help when he arrived in la and still couldn't do it until Kobe became a superstar. Eddie jones was widely regarded as one of the best all-around players in the league. Van excel was an all-star caliber pg and made an actual all-star game with shaq. They then had Kobe, who was in the running for 6th man of the year before Danny manning eventually won it. The lakers also had a deep, deep bench at the time.

This is what the old heads did they were afraid to move or could not in fear of getting cut. The new generation guys do not care about that. They even accept less money. Why stay and regret it later on to hop when its to late. Not only are newer generation choosing were to play and with whom they are also getting paid more.
    Meh, Wilt and KAJ demanded trades. Chuck demanded a trade. MJ threatened retirement if they dared trade his binkie. Magic threatened to return to school if the Lakers didn't win the coin toss. I think it really depends on the player but yes, I guess there are more of them in the player movement era.

That's definitely not how I remember it. Do you have anything to back that up, that it was KG pulling the strings? I remember KG being very upset that they wanted to trade him and he didn't want to go, but eventually agreed. I'm glad to admit that I am wrong if you can provide a credible source that supports what you're saying.

It matters because you're saying that players just come to LA, which is not true. Once they no longer had assets to acquire guys, no one came.

One thing a lot of you seem to be forgetting about shaq is that he actually had plenty of help when he arrived in la and still couldn't do it until Kobe became a superstar. Eddie jones was widely regarded as one of the best all-around players in the league. Van excel was an all-star caliber pg and made an actual all-star game with shaq. They then had Kobe, who was in the running for 6th man of the year before Danny manning eventually won it. The lakers also had a deep, deep bench at the time.
    they do did PG or Kawi not want to play in LA. Did Davis and Lebron sign or force trade? what do you mean