Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 141 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2906
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    It has everything to do with it, if youre trying to devalue everything LeBron has done....which is your agenda.

I get it, every team LeBron has ever faced in the playoffs wasn't that good. The worst team Kobe faced in the playoffs was better than every team Lebron has ever faced. The 2009 Jazz would mop the floor with the 2016 Warriors
    No that's not what I've ever said, but Kobe did play far tougher competition. LBJ has always joined super teams to win a title. That's why I don't consider his titles legitimate. It has little to do with the competition he faced (although it's true that the east was absolutely horrible for LBJ's entire career up until last year).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-02-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    No that's not what I've ever said, but Kobe did play far tougher competition. LBJ has always joined super teams to win a title. That's why I don't consider his titles legitimate. It has little to do with the competition he faced (although it's true that the east was absolutely horrible for LBJ's entire career up until last year).
    just for s&g's.. what would you say if I were to say well Lebron's heat teams weren't that good bc an old Celtics and a Pacer team with Paul George by himself had them on the ropes in the playoffs be? Wouldn't that make those titles legit because a couple teams had them on the ropes? Shouldn't that have the same type of effect on your opinion of the 73-9 warriors not being that good?
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Might be that you already lacked the brain cells to understand why that's not the case, but hey, maybe you know far better than LBJ's actual teammates (e.g., Wade, Bosh, Shaq).
    Show me quotes from all them saying Kobes better. We all know shaq is a dumbass.

just for s&g's.. what would you say if I were to say well Lebron's heat teams weren't that good bc an old Celtics and a Pacer team with Paul George by himself had them on the ropes in the playoffs be? Wouldn't that make those titles legit because a couple teams had them on the ropes? Shouldn't that have the same type of effect on your opinion of the 73-9 warriors not being that good?
    No, because my issue with LBJ's titles is that he title hopped to get them and purposely formed super teams. A good analogy is like if all of the best players on the playground team up and beat everyone else. It's just kind of weak to do that. We can all pretend like it's fine, but deep down inside, we all know what something like that is...titles won in that matter come with a big asterisks as far as I'm concerned.

It has everything to do with it, if youre trying to devalue everything LeBron has done....which is your agenda.

I get it, every team LeBron has ever faced in the playoffs wasn't that good. The worst team Kobe faced in the playoffs was better than every team Lebron has ever faced. The 2009 Jazz would mop the floor with the 2016 Warriors
    Exactly. Beaten GSW was nothing. Even if the whole win with less Was even a thing it will have a sub circle for Shaq, Malone, Kobe, Payton or Howard, Pau, Artest, Kobe, Nash. i dont even put in the Glen Rice, Mitch Richmond, Ron Harper, etc Or how Kobe was not able to get pass the first round without Phil.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-02-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Show me quotes from all them saying Kobes better. We all know shaq is a dumbass.
    I've posted the link many times on here. Bosh said it and so did Wade. Wade then backtracked a few years later and said he couldn't pick one over the other because it was so close. It's fine if you think LBJ is better, but regardless of where you land on the debate, it's far from a foregone conclusion that one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Exactly. Beaten GSW was nothing. Even if the whole win with less Was even a thing it will have a sub circle for Shaq, Malone, Kobe, Payton or Howard, Pau, Artest, Kobe, Nash. Or how Kobe was not able to get pass the first round without Phil.
    Because he played almost his entire career with Phil. He also did get past the 1st round without Phil. Made it to the 2nd and 3rd round before Phil ever arrived. Did in it in 2012 as well...a true laker fan would know that though, but maybe you're not really a laker fan. That would explain a lot actually.

Because he played almost his entire career with Phil. He also did get past the 1st round without Phil. Made it to the 2nd and 3rd round before Phil ever arrived. Did in it in 2012 as well...a true laker fan would know that though, but maybe you're not really a laker fan. That would explain a lot actually.
    Dude Shaq was in the Finals before he came to Lakers. Shaq was the focal point with Kobe off the bench.

Dude Shaq was in the Finals before he came to Lakers. Shaq was the focal point with Kobe off the bench.
    Yes, but in 1999 Kobe had moved into the starting lineup and in 2012 Kobe was the best player on the team so you were wrong about Kobe never getting past the 1st round without Phil.

Dude a player picking his favored player is the same as a fan. Its nothing but a personal preference. Thats why it changes depending on how they feel at the moment and liable to change the next day. I value the Mamba/ MJ it. The other guy may value the ability to play all positions. What you cant change is numbers.

Yes, but in 1999 Kobe had moved into the starting lineup and in 2012 Kobe was the best player on the team so you were wrong about Kobe never getting past the 1st round without Phil.
    Are you talking about that team the Spurs mopped the floor with?

Kobe played the toughest competition according to the numbers.

Kobe was the youngest guard in history to make the All NBA first team.

Kobe has more all NBA defense teams then ANY perimeter player ever.

Kobe is tied for the most all NBA selections.

Only 2 players have scored more points in a season then Kobe.

Only a special list of players have led a team to back to back championship. Kobe is on the list.

The Mecca of all achievements is 3+ championship run. A really small list of course. Kobe made the list.

Do the numbers make it opinion or fact?

Are you talking about that team the Spurs mopped the floor with?
    Yep, that's the one. They lost in the 2nd rd. There was also the 2012 team that lost to okc in the 2nd rd...this means that you were wrong about Kobe never making it past the 1st round without Phil.

Kobe is a star why would he not have achievements? No one is discrediting what he's done. These two players do not even play the same position. What you dont do is discredit another player to prop up the other. They are both talented players in their own way.

Yep, that's the one. They lost in the 2nd rd. There was also the 2012 team that lost to okc in the 2nd rd...this means that you were wrong about Kobe never making it past the 1st round without Phil.
    Spurs swept them in the 1st round