Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 201 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3005
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Pau Gasol would have been a HoF due to Spain either way.
    He gets recognition here because he played for the Lakers. If he stayed with Memphis I doubt anyone would say he was an elite PF.

Chris Bosh on the other hand was in MVP consideration a couple of seasons (in the top 10) before moving to Miami.
    Not sure if you read the post you quoted me on, but the comparison was between Pau Gasol and Drew Gooden.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Not denying any of that, but i just find it hilarious Bosh gets looked upon as a god while gasol gets labeled as OK or good. Their lakers/heat stats were nearly identical

Chris Bosh literally scored 0 points in the G7 finals win vs the spurs in 2013.
    Pau was better at playing center and playing in the triangle making plays from the post. Would Bosh have been able to bang with Howard, Ming etc?

Quote Originally Posted by michael811 View Post
    Lebron cant' close like Magic could. Doesn't have Magic's competitive fire or killer instinct.
    He also doesn't have aids

Bosh would have been better with Bynum Pau was not. both was better close to the basket. Lets stop talking NBA2k You want to win you got to build a team not saying this guy is better than that guy. Pau was better than folks want to give credit and Lakers was not going to win without him. Again Bynum was not going to hold up i think that is obvious. When playing he was great he just could not stay on the court to amount to anything.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-22-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Pau was better at playing center and playing in the triangle making plays from the post. Would Bosh have been able to bang with Howard, Ming etc?
    No, that's why his Toronto teams got bounced early year after year... playoff basketball gets physical and he wasn't a physical guy.

No, that's why his Toronto teams got bounced early year after year... playoff basketball gets physical and he wasn't a physical guy.
    Thats why Pau would have held more Value over Bosh on that team. Odom was = to Bosh the way Miami was constructed.

Howard would have feasted on Bosh.

While the rest of us are using gps with live traffic update bigmoves03 is pulling over to putting on reading glasses and pulling out a map book. We are going to get there babe i dont trust those ups.
    he prolly wouldn't trust the maps. lolol

dude legit quit on Toronto's playoff run. he shed the weight so he wouldnt have to play that game. Hes a hof'er but hes far from a Gasol, a guy who could check the perimeter on deadly snipers and a guy who could neutralize the games best big on the interior. meanwhile bosh got roasted by bigs as pathetic as Hibbert. lolol there is no comp

Bosh would have been better with Bynum Pau was not. both was better close to the basket. Lets stop talking NBA2k You want to win you got to build a team not saying this guy is better than that guy. Pau was better than folks want to give credit and Lakers was not going to win without him. Again Bynum was not going to hold up i think that is obvious. When playing he was great he just could not stay on the court to amount to anything.
    maybe but I think you're giving Bosh too much credit.

Howard would have feasted on Bosh.
    old shaq dropped 40 or something on that weak frontcourt. OLD SHAQ

Not sure if you read the post you quoted me on, but the comparison was between Pau Gasol and Drew Gooden.
    I did read it.

And I think Gooden was a pretty decent player himself. Maybe under better conditions he'd now be considered a great PF since he'd have a couple of rings to accompany him.

I personally prefer Pau to him and feel he is a significantly better player, but comparing players using their team's success or strength is way off.

There are many players who'd perform great under certain circumstances and possibly win. Pau Gasol is one of them.
    There is a very select number of players that make their teams better. Pau Gasol isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yep, their peers and mutual teammates must have been completely clueless. Good thing you're here to tell them otherwise.
    Kobe's advantages, particularly the ones you mentioned, are 100% aesthetic. They are all in pursuit of ones own shot. Scoring more creatively does not make you a better scorer - being unstoppable does. The numbers are not close - Lebron is the better scorer.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I did read it.

And I think Gooden was a pretty decent player himself. Maybe under better conditions he'd now be considered a great PF since he'd have a couple of rings to accompany him.

I personally prefer Pau to him and feel he is a significantly better player, but comparing players using their team's success or strength is way off.

There are many players who'd perform great under certain circumstances and possibly win. Pau Gasol is one of them.
    There is a very select number of players that make their teams better. Pau Gasol isn't one of them.
    I love how you are simultaneously arguing how stacked Bronís teams are compared to Kobeís because he had Wade and Bosh but also arguing how much better Gasol is than Bosh lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Kobe kept a lottery team at a playoff level in the west and then made them contenders with one all-star caliber player. It says that he's probably the only superstar to have a legitimate rebuild around him in the history of the league and take them back to a title.
    And LeBron took a lottery team to the Finals his first stint in Cleveland.

LeBron taking those Cavs to the Finals is more impressive than Kobe taking those Lakers to the first round.