Follow us on Twitter

Page 547 of 549 FirstFirst ... 47447497537545546547548549 LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 8229
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Its been said the the media keep pushing Lebron as the goat. lol

Lol at this horse ****.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-...163204533.html

This called hate 101
    So the "media" doesn'r push Lebron as the GOAT because 1 guy wrote an article here and there.

What's called hate is when you call someone a hater for not following a stupid narrative.

P.S: This joke that I despise everything new and I'm in some sort of love with old school stuff needs to stop. I know you've run out of actual arguments and you never really had that many basketball related ones to begin with, but repeating this nonsense is borderline insanity!
    What's next? You're going to say that I prefer older medicinal practices?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    So the "media" doesn'r push Lebron as the GOAT because 1 guy wrote an article here and there.

What's called hate is when you call someone a hater for not following a stupid narrative.

P.S: This joke that I despise everything new and I'm in some sort of love with old school stuff needs to stop. I know you've run out of actual arguments and you never really had that many basketball related ones to begin with, but repeating this nonsense is borderline insanity!
    Meaning its going to have haters that push trash and others that debate reality.

Narrative is something that in not true or you bend the truth to fit agenda. How is the truth a narrative?

Dude everyone knows that you list all the old players without much thought.

I get it dude we all get it. I love Kobe and he was my most entertaining player. With him playing it always give you the feeling like he will win the game for you. The reality is hes not a physically gifted as Lebron. He did not Impact his teams outside the triangle. Its not fair since it was only a sample but the reality is he did not. The reality is others have tried to join teams and did not have success in doing so that is reality. The reality its not as easy as it seem like this guy is trying to push.

Look Bird was great and the only thing you can argue on bird is peak after that its usless he just dont have the resume.

Its like bragging how rich you are when you were born into it. If i work hard and put myself in position to become rich why tell me its not impressive so my money is worth less?
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-14-2020 at 02:05 PM.

I get it dude we all get it. I love Kobe and he was my most entertaining player. With him playing it always give you the feeling like he will win the game for you.
    That's the idea of basketball.

That's also why someone like Bobby Jones is a legend even if he couldn't hit jump shots. Winning mentality matters. But it's a team sport, you cannot rely on one man's winning mentality and you cannot penalize him for not having teammates up to the task. Nor should you elevate someone simply because he played for a great team.

The reality is hes not a physically gifted as Lebron.
    Irrelevant. He's not as physically gifted as Darryl Dawkins either. Meaningless feat.

He did not Impact his teams outside the triangle. Its not fair since it was only a sample but the reality is he did not.
    That's too harsh because his best years came with Phil as the coach and Phil demanded the triangle for his own fixation, not because Kobe couldn't play in another system. Kobe's teams were **** without Phil as well and later in his career the team was very poorly constructed. And occasionally also ****.

As for him not performing in another system, that's plain wrong. Kobe won the USA an Olympic gold medal when all this not so gold generation led by Lebron with the likes of Wade, Melo, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Howard, Chris Paul, Deron and others who were massively hyped at the time and even later on couldn't deliver. There was no triangle in the 2008 Olympics, there was just Kobe taking over whilst Lebron did what he did best. Shrunk when it matters.
    I'm not saying an all time great isn't allowed an off day at work. It happened to Magic, it happened to Bird, it happened to Kobe, it happened to Baylor, it happened to Wilt, it happened to Erving... But the frequency that Lebron had such moments far exceeds anything else from the highly celebrated players. That cannot be overlooked when it's all said and done.

And then there's one guy that never had this issue. Michael Jordan. Never ever seen him collapse because the stage got too big and he wasn't ready for it. He had a couple of bad games after he was late out gambling or drinking or whatever, but that's about it. It never really cost the team the series or the trophy.

The reality is others have tried to join teams and did not have success in doing so that is reality.
    Please show examples.

Kevin Durant joined the Warriors and obliterated Lebron's teams twice in a row. Who else did this? Are you talking about this season where half the teams pretty much gave up playing after the league was postponed?

It's no joke. It's what you do here.

It's why you absolutely hate modern basketball and modern basketball players. Because your childhood ball of the 80's was the best basketball will ever be. That's why your 80's childhood heroes are your undisputed Top 3, it's why you think 80's basketball was simultaneously the best offense ever and the best defense ever.

We get it. You loved watching basketball in the 80's as a kid. But the rest of us grew up. It's time you did too.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's no joke. It's what you do here.

It's why you absolutely hate modern basketball and modern basketball players. Because your childhood ball of the 80's was the best basketball will ever be. That's why your 80's childhood heroes are your undisputed Top 3, it's why you think 80's basketball was simultaneously the best offense ever and the best defense ever.

We get it. You loved watching basketball in the 80's as a kid. But the rest of us grew up. It's time you did too.
    Once again, you extrapolate one thing to make dog poo out of it and pretend that it's the other person's opinion.

Just because I feel, and I'm not alone here, that the NBA is soft and the quality level has fallen over the years, does not mean that I feel that EVERYTHING had the same trajectory.

There is evidence for why the NBA has turned to ****, it's not just opinion. You refuse to acknowledge this evidence and call it "progress". Suit yourself.

That's the idea of basketball.

That's also why someone like Bobby Jones is a legend even if he couldn't hit jump shots. Winning mentality matters. But it's a team sport, you cannot rely on one man's winning mentality and you cannot penalize him for not having teammates up to the task. Nor should you elevate someone simply because he played for a great team.

Irrelevant. He's not as physically gifted as Darryl Dawkins either. Meaningless feat.

That's too harsh because his best years came with Phil as the coach and Phil demanded the triangle for his own fixation, not because Kobe couldn't play in another system. Kobe's teams were **** without Phil as well and later in his career the team was very poorly constructed. And occasionally also ****.

As for him not performing in another system, that's plain wrong. Kobe won the USA an Olympic gold medal when all this not so gold generation led by Lebron with the likes of Wade, Melo, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Howard, Chris Paul, Deron and others who were massively hyped at the time and even later on couldn't deliver. There was no triangle in the 2008 Olympics, there was just Kobe taking over whilst Lebron did what he did best. Shrunk when it matters.
    I'm not saying an all time great isn't allowed an off day at work. It happened to Magic, it happened to Bird, it happened to Kobe, it happened to Baylor, it happened to Wilt, it happened to Erving... But the frequency that Lebron had such moments far exceeds anything else from the highly celebrated players. That cannot be overlooked when it's all said and done.

And then there's one guy that never had this issue. Michael Jordan. Never ever seen him collapse because the stage got too big and he wasn't ready for it. He had a couple of bad games after he was late out gambling or drinking or whatever, but that's about it. It never really cost the team the series or the trophy.

Please show examples.

Kevin Durant joined the Warriors and obliterated Lebron's teams twice in a row. Who else did this? Are you talking about this season where half the teams pretty much gave up playing after the league was postponed?
    If heat Won Lakers it would have been an upset. Injured Cavs beaten GSW would have been an upset.

Durant joined an established team that was the defending champs a team he had on the ropes.

Your Physical strength your abilty is a plus if it give you an advantage over your opponent. Tyson knocked guys out before they were abe to expose his skills as a boxer. One of the greatest boxers in History one boxers feared.

Paul KJ ALLen did not get this heat. only because they waited to long

It have many of duo in the league from the begin of time. Just go down the list they are not hard to find. Again people care about how a team is formed i dont care. Shaq moving from Oralndo to play for Lakers knowing what they all about dont get this type of heat. Blazers etc trying to Beat Lakers dont get this type of heat.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-14-2020 at 02:29 PM.

If heat Won Lakers it would have been an upset. Injured Cavs beaten GSW would have been an upset.

Durant joined an established team that was the defending champs a team he had on the ropes.

Paul KJ ALLen did not get this heat. only because they waited to long

It have many of duo in the league from the begin of time. Just go down the list they are not hard to find. Again people care about how a team is formed i dont care. Shaq moving from Oralndo to play for Lakers knowing what they all about dont get this type of heat. Blazers etc trying to Beat Lakers dont get this type of heat.

The Boston three did not get heat because they did not orchestrate to manipulate the league in order to win 4, 5, 6, 7 titles (which they failed at a mere 50% success rate despite being favorites in all four occasions)

Shaq moved to Los Angeles for the money and the fame it brings. He joined a team that had just lost Magic Johnson for the 2nd time and had lost to the 1st round in the playoffs.
    Are you honestly telling me Shaq left Orlando, playing with Penny... so that he'd join Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones? You gotta be ******** me....

Once again, you extrapolate one thing to make dog poo out of it and pretend that it's the other person's opinion.

Just because I feel, and I'm not alone here, that the NBA is soft and the quality level has fallen over the years, does not mean that I feel that EVERYTHING had the same trajectory.

There is evidence for why the NBA has turned to ****, it's not just opinion. You refuse to acknowledge this evidence and call it "progress". Suit yourself.
    the "progress", is rule changes to allow zones, the scouting and analytical ability to have up to the minute information on tendencies, injuries, and everything in between. Gary Payton went off instinct/memory. Now, Marcus Smart is told in a timeout how the guy that just checked in does going left versus right, or how he does when pressured left with less than a few dribbles. When a guard looks over a defense now, he sees players guarding areas. Michael Jordan NEVER had to survey that, and with his athletic abilities, he only saw beating a guy 1-1, which was nothing to him. In today's era, how would he handle walls? How would they handle social media?

Look, I get you don't like where the game has gone. I am not sure why on earth you even watch to tell the truth. But I will also say, if you think a couple rule changes and how we officiate (limiting head shots and hard fouls) really stopped athletes from being bigger, stronger, better nutrition/training wise, and simply more prepared due to the information they have now, I am not sure what to tell you.

I would LOVE to send LeBron back to 1985 and watch him destroy the wide open NBA. I would also LOVE to see Larry Bird in this thinking man's game where a 6'9" stretch PF would destroy today's NBA. Fact is, great players would be great no matter the era...LeBron is the 2nd best player the game has ever seen, at worst. You don't agree with that. Cool. But bringing up your opinions as if you are an 88 year old man shaking your stick at the game just humors most of us. And it's not the consensus opinion, but I imagine that doesn't really faze you.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

The Boston three did not get heat because they did not orchestrate to manipulate the league in order to win 4, 5, 6, 7 titles (which they failed at a mere 50% success rate despite being favorites in all four occasions)

Shaq moved to Los Angeles for the money and the fame it brings. He joined a team that had just lost Magic Johnson for the 2nd time and had lost to the 1st round in the playoffs.
    Are you honestly telling me Shaq left Orlando, playing with Penny... so that he'd join Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones? You gotta be ******** me....
    if you are bent out of shape that players now have the control, I understand that. But, that is the way the game has become. It won't go back. If the players in the 80s had the ability to dictate their landing spots, and force leverage to do so, damn straight they would have. Humans are always looking out for themselves. That isn't a new thing...

The only part of this anti-player forming his situation I have, is guys like you are ewing give all the credit in the world to a guy for winning with a roster built for him, but crush a guy who saw his FO sucked and built his team elsewhere. There is no difference in the finished product, the only difference is who built it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Does it matter 2 out of 4 thats 50% What player won a ring for each year that they played?

$, 5, 5, is just frapping at the mouth why take that to hart how many champs said we will win again next season and dont win?

So did he moved to NO or he went to a winning franchise? Why did Kobe push to be traded as a rookie? My point why make excuse for one? Did they not say Lebron was not going to win in LA and he only went to film Movies etc?

Does it matter 2 out of 4 thats 50% What player won a ring for each year that they played?

$, 5, 5, is just frapping at the mouth why take that to hart how many champs said we will win again next season and dont win?

So did he moved to NO or he went to a winning franchise? Why did Kobe push to be traded as a rookie? My point why make excuse for one? Did they not say Lebron was not going to win in LA and he only went to film Movies etc?
    the ones that kill me are "Bird didn't need to go build a super team" for example. Duh, of course he didn't. His super team was built for him haha

Giving credit to a player for sticking with a loaded roster/team is hilarious, while at the same time crushing a player for using FA to better his position. Basketball, by all accounts, is the most progressive of the major sports. Yet, players using FA is far newer in basketball than any of those other sports, or at least the elite guys using it. Yet the fans of the sport are so slow to understand that this is how the sports world, or real world in general, works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the ones that kill me are "Bird didn't need to go build a super team" for example. Duh, of course he didn't. His super team was built for him haha

Giving credit to a player for sticking with a loaded roster/team is hilarious, while at the same time crushing a player for using FA to better his position. Basketball, by all accounts, is the most progressive of the major sports. Yet, players using FA is far newer in basketball than any of those other sports, or at least the elite guys using it. Yet the fans of the sport are so slow to understand that this is how the sports world, or real world in general, works.
    Thats they point they miss why squeak when your getting oiled. Kobe wanted out the moment Lakers were not Moving fast enough for his taste. I will not hold anything against a player for putting themselves in a better position to win. Thats what its all about. If your not trying to win then what are you playing for?
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-14-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    if you are bent out of shape that players now have the control, I understand that. But, that is the way the game has become. It won't go back. If the players in the 80s had the ability to dictate their landing spots, and force leverage to do so, damn straight they would have. Humans are always looking out for themselves. That isn't a new thing...

The only part of this anti-player forming his situation I have, is guys like you are ewing give all the credit in the world to a guy for winning with a roster built for him, but crush a guy who saw his FO sucked and built his team elsewhere. There is no difference in the finished product, the only difference is who built it.
    The man saw it first hand with Kg, Allen, Paul. How foolish do you have to be to sit there hoping you get lucky? Lakers just traded every rookie for Davis. The lock out was to try and limit players running to big Market, The league veto a trade to Lakers etc. KG even said he wished he moved sooner.

Spurs push Lebron to learn how to shoot, KG, Allen, Paul push him to get a better team. The evolution. To beat Lakers Houston get a Center up your game. Dont fault me for trying to be the best. Try harder Clippers its not easy huh
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-14-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Instead of blaming players for leaving, teams need to blame their executive office. Cavs thought the best approach to helping Bron was a what? 40 year old Shaq? It was disgraceful. After LeBron left the Cavs in 2010, nearly or above half the roster were no longer in the NBA. Mo Williams went from being an All-Star to third rotation backup PG. Players need to leave and continue doing so. Put the pressure on crappy management. Another bad management are the Knicks... Players need to leave toxic franchises.