Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 544 of 549 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 8229
  1. #8146
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Alright, last post for a bit on this thread: Top 5:

    MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Magic/Kobe (if we exclude Wilt, because I don't ever really know how to rate guys from that era, then it's MJ, KAJ, Magic/Kobe, LBJ.
    Why not do it the same way you rate everyone else? Ringz

  2. #8147
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Top 3 is Jordan, Magic, Bird. That never changes until perhaps the sport changes for the better rather than the worst.

    Peak, grit & quality will always trump everything else.
    why do you even watch basketball anymore? What's the point if your view is it's so bad?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #8148
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    why do you even watch basketball anymore? What's the point if your view is it's so bad?
    When you say basketball do you mean NBA as if there is no other basketball being played elsewhere?

  4. #8149
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    why do you even watch basketball anymore? What's the point if your view is it's so bad?
    Lol 😂 his list consists of guys no longer in the running. They even took themselves out the conversations. Magic just did again today lol.

  5. #8150
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Lol �� his list consists of guys no longer in the running. They even took themselves out the conversations. Magic just did again today lol.
    I mean, I LOVE Magic/Bird, they got me into basketball as a little kid. But neither is a top 5 player ever, no way in hell. For all the crap LeBron gets going against the east, Magic actually lost to far worse teams out west back in the day haha. Bird's career was like 9 years long in reality, he just gets killed career wise due to that fact.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #8151
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, I LOVE Magic/Bird, they got me into basketball as a little kid. But neither is a top 5 player ever, no way in hell. For all the crap LeBron gets going against the east, Magic actually lost to far worse teams out west back in the day haha. Bird's career was like 9 years long in reality, he just gets killed career wise due to that fact.
    There is nothing superior about Lebron's basketball skills over either Magic or Bird.

    The statement in bold is even more outrageous than people claiming Lebron is a top 3 player of all time...

  7. #8152
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,065
    I think one will say bird was the better shooter and clever passer but overall come on man. His resume donít stack up. Magic was great to but again Lebron surpassed him as well. Hell kobe surpassed them. Then again maybe not magic but most definitely Bird. Besides back then the nba was scripted at least thatís what I saw with them marketing bird and magic.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-12-2020 at 05:02 PM.

  8. #8153
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    28,087
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    There is nothing superior about Lebron's basketball skills over either Magic or Bird.

    The statement in bold is even more outrageous than people claiming Lebron is a top 3 player of all time...
    It's pretty universally accepted LeBron is at worst the 2nd best of all time.

    LeBron was a better on ball defender, better shooter, better driver, and inferior passer although imo the 2nd best passer/playmaker behind magic.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #8154
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,152
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    There is nothing superior about Lebron's basketball skills over either Magic or Bird.

    The statement in bold is even more outrageous than people claiming Lebron is a top 3 player of all time...
    Welcome to being a member of the non consensus opinion bud. No matter your thoughts, the majority of the sports world doesn't agree with you.

  10. #8155
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Welcome to being a member of the non consensus opinion bud. No matter your thoughts, the majority of the sports world doesn't agree with you.
    Lol the majority does have Lebron at top 2 😂

    Lol just today magic said one more ring and he catch MJ if not pass

  11. #8156
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,065
    Paul Pierce who also had him out top 5 just put him at 2 on his list. Lebron at 2 have been the talk all day lol... no one mentions bird at 2 or 3

  12. #8157
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Welcome to being a member of the non consensus opinion bud. No matter your thoughts, the majority of the sports world doesn't agree with you.
    If he's this bitter about everyone liking LeBron now, imagine how bitter he's going to be when LeBron finally retires and people start talking about him as the GOAT.

  13. #8158
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,216
    I love it... Literally every personality etc on tv/across the league and so on have lebron either 1 or 2.... GG this thread and the 2 haters

  14. #8159
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I love it... Literally every personality etc on tv/across the league and so on have lebron either 1 or 2.... GG this thread and the 2 haters
    By the time he hangs em up with every longevity record and 5-6 titles every player is going to be calling him GOAT or co-GOAT as well. Then his haters will really have nothing.

  15. #8160
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I mean, I LOVE Magic/Bird, they got me into basketball as a little kid. But neither is a top 5 player ever, no way in hell. For all the crap LeBron gets going against the east, Magic actually lost to far worse teams out west back in the day haha. Bird's career was like 9 years long in reality, he just gets killed career wise due to that fact.
    What a shock that his Top 3 ever are his childhood icons...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •