Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 543 of 549 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 8229
  1. #8131
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,354
    So is rondo now better than nash/cp3/stockton all time?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????


    I mean he does have 2 rings now brother

  2. #8132
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    uh oh. Case closed?


    Yep. His arguments look more pathetic by the day.

  3. #8133
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,078
    To be honest itís no sense picking It back up next season if you walk away now. Critiquing both players at 36 year old would not do justice to Kobe. Again Kobe would fall short. You then have to look at were both players would stand at 36 years of age. Remember Kobe hurt himself trying to do to much instead of like you said form synergy with Howard, Pau and co. Also rating a declining player to a prime player is not fair. Besides at this point Lebron already accomplished more than Kobe in everything besides rings.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-12-2020 at 11:00 AM.

  4. #8134
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,157
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I will say your argument lost alot of steam however. The only hope was in context but even that will be much of a stretch now Lebron is way to accomplished.
    his argument lost steam 7 years ago

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  5. #8135
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,078
    After over 500 pages itís just not civil not to poke a little

  6. #8136
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,078
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-12-2020 at 11:57 AM.

  7. #8137
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,078
    Skip is so bitter 😂 This dude literally is still crying about him not winning more. Just like what I said these folks expect 17 rings in 17 seasons.

  8. #8138
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Alright fellas, I'm out of here for a while. it's been nice debating this topic. Much credit to LBJ, he had a great season and as I've noted, answered the questions I had. He's moved up on my list for sure. I'll return once basketball starts to pick back up. Just so we're clear, LBJ was the best player on the team this year and the clear leader. He led this team and he deserved the Finals MVP no question about it, imo. Great year!
    You aint going no where, I still have my response from 100 pages ago to get to

  9. #8139
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,078
    I want a pair of those track shoes. They make you run like Bolt. After talking all that
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-12-2020 at 03:16 PM.

  10. #8140
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You aint going no where, I still have my response from 100 pages ago to get to
    Oh I'll definitely be back...this is far from over lol. But I'll be taking a break from posting on this specific thread. There's still plenty of interesting topics to discuss in this thread that I plan to get to.

  11. #8141
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I want a pair of those track shoes. They make you run like Bolt. After talking all that
    Cmon dude, I'm definitely not running. I said what I had to say. I said I would return at season's end before, because I wanted to see if LBJ could answer my questions and he has and I've done what any objective person would do in that case and given him his well-deserved credit (it's not fair to say I'm running, I responded to what LBJ has done and have updated my all-time list in response to that and I've acknowledged all of this so that's the literally the opposite of running). So now he has one final task for me to put him into the top 3. I'm taking a break from this thread and will return to it as we get closer to the start of the season (which normally would be right around the corner, oddly enough lol). I didn't change any criteria or include any contingencies, LBJ led the lakers to a title under very difficult circumstances and for that I have nothing but respect.

    There's nothing more to discuss on this topic though until we get to next year, which is why I'm taking a break from this thread, because we all know where we all stand on our positions and it seems I might be the only one on this thread that is actually willing to change their position based on what occurs so I'll be back once the season is closer (I'll still post on other threads though).

  12. #8142
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Cmon dude, I'm definitely not running. I said what I had to say. I said I would return at season's end before, because I wanted to see if LBJ could answer my questions and he has and I've done what any objective person would do in that case and given him his well-deserved credit (it's not fair to say I'm running, I responded to what LBJ has done and have updated my all-time list in response to that and I've acknowledged all of this so that's the literally the opposite of running). So now he has one final task for me to put him into the top 3. I'm taking a break from this thread and will return to it as we get closer to the start of the season (which normally would be right around the corner, oddly enough lol). I didn't change any criteria or include any contingencies, LBJ led the lakers to a title under very difficult circumstances and for that I have nothing but respect.

    There's nothing more to discuss on this topic though until we get to next year, which is why I'm taking a break from this thread, because we all know where we all stand on our positions and it seems I might be the only one on this thread that is actually willing to change their position based on what occurs so I'll be back once the season is closer (I'll still post on other threads though).
    So at this point who is your top 5? Make it simple top 3

  13. #8143
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    So at this point who is your top 5? Make it simple top 3
    Alright, last post for a bit on this thread: Top 5:

    MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Magic/Kobe (if we exclude Wilt, because I don't ever really know how to rate guys from that era, then it's MJ, KAJ, Magic/Kobe, LBJ.

  14. #8144
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Alright, last post for a bit on this thread: Top 5:

    MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Magic/Kobe (if we exclude Wilt, because I don't ever really know how to rate guys from that era, then it's MJ, KAJ, Magic/Kobe, LBJ.
    Ok 👌 piece. Not a bad top 5 but next time place Lebron ahead of Kobe and magic and it will look a lot better.

  15. #8145
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Top 3 is Jordan, Magic, Bird. That never changes until perhaps the sport changes for the better rather than the worst.

    Peak, grit & quality will always trump everything else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •