Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 363 of 452 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 6766
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well the lists coming out for 2015 were based on the declining play and injuries that ensued during the previous season (and wade's production is going to be impeded by LBJ's playing style). I would still take Wade over Parker. It's not unreasonable to take Parker over wade at that point, but I wouldn't.
    Alright so everyone who has been talking about how talented the spurs were and so on in comparison and all of the stuff you argued against like that is actually reasonable and your opinion is just different?

I agree, you have a much different opinion than almost everyone else on this topic and that's fine. I just didn't understand a lot of those arguments made then if you acknowledge now they weren't top 10 and it's ok to have some spurs better etc. with only your opinion being the difference.

Kobe didn't specially force his way onto the lakers as a rookie. He said he was bluffing and the lakers also weren't an elite team at the time. However, Kobe was not in his prime when he teamed up with shaq. Sure, if the 01 and beyond version of Kobe teamed with shaq in 97 and they played until 04 together, then I would agree. But Kobe and shaq really only had about 2-3 years were both were producing at a superstar level. Kobe then didn't get to hand pick who the lakers got. they traded for gasol when they had the chance, but Kobe didn't orchestrate bringing in gasol. the lakers then traded for cp3, but that wasn't at the behest of Kobe (at least not to my knowledge). Either way, Kobe basically played with 2 HOF caliber players during his career. LBJ has now played with at least 3-4 and counting and this was all during his prime, whereas Kobe really only played with 1 (and gasol was not a superstar).

you adorable gullible guy.... i stopped reading there because per usual you accuse lebron of something and welp kobe was bluffing so its fine

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

you adorable gullible guy.... i stopped reading there because per usual you accuse lebron of something and welp kobe was bluffing so its fine
    He said he was bluffing. He was 17 years old. Either way, he didn't get to play with shaq during his prime years and they only really played together for about 4 years where both were producing at a star level.

He said he was bluffing. He was 17 years old. Either way, he didn't get to play with shaq during his prime years and they only really played together for about 4 years where both were producing at a star level.
    he said he was bluffing.... well **** me the hornets should have just called his bluff and wasted their pick which at the time would have been suicide even more so..... it wasnt a bluff... He backtracked. He acted like a child and chose his destination instead of going to a **** situation which lebron was forced into for what 7 seasons? cut the bull ****... kobe forced his way to the lakers and then held his franchise at gun point to get him help after forcing shaq out because he hated being a number 2 but couldnt hack it as a number 1 once he became the number 1 and then threatened to force a trade... but i guess he was bluffing there as well right?

he said he was bluffing.... well **** me the hornets should have just called his bluff and wasted their pick which at the time would have been suicide even more so..... it wasnt a bluff... He backtracked. He acted like a child and chose his destination instead of going to a **** situation which lebron was forced into for what 7 seasons? cut the bull ****... kobe forced his way to the lakers and then held his franchise at gun point to get him help after forcing shaq out because he hated being a number 2 but couldnt hack it as a number 1 once he became the number 1 and then threatened to force a trade... but i guess he was bluffing there as well right?
    Thats bs dude. He didn't force shaq out, shaq has acknowledged this many times.

oh also i have 0 issues what kobe did both times.... to have a great team a great player needs a great situation period... kobe did what had to be done... lebron did what had to be done.... hell durant did what had to be done. Giannis will do what needs to be done if he cant get his team a championship.... I am just against the hypocritical ******** that is omg lebron teamed up but then we ignore that the celtics did a similar thing.... or that jordans team was so stacked at the perfect time where he constantly faced **** teams and couldnt beat good teams until pippen arrived.... or how KL just chose to team up with pg13 and so on down the list or how the warriors begged durant to come there and add a 4th superstar on a team that already had 3 top 20 players just to beat lebron lol

the difference being the cavs used lebron and gave him no help for his entire tenure up until he became a free agent and the stories that are known about what went on behind the scenes with that owner and GM and how they exploited lebrons greatness and made money off of him while expecting him to constantly carry trash year in and year out is sickening.

It leads no where except right back to the beginning.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-26-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    https://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/28/to...yers-2015-list

Here's a top 100 list of players heading into 2015. This gives an idea of how players from that MIA/SA series were thought of from that time:

Lebron - #1
    Duncan - #5
    Parker - #15
    Bosh - #18
    Wade - #20
    Kawhi - #28
    Manu - #41
    Tiago Splitter - #70
    Danny Green - #96
    Boris Diaw - #100

Not included on this list was Ray Allen because he had retired. That last year he had comparable numbers to Manu so I would have expected them to be similarly ranked.

Lebron's main supporting cast of Bosh/Wade/Ray is pretty comparable to Duncan's supporting cast of Parker/Kawhi/Manu based on that list. And I think that's a fair reflection of the quality of players those guys were at that point in their careers. Duncan's secondary supporting cast of Splitter/Green/Diaw was definitely superior to Lebron's so that gave SA the advantage.

Like the article states though, Lebron (and Durant) were in a league of their own. Lebron at #1 and Duncan at #5 are close in number but we all know that the difference between Lebron at that point of his career and Duncan at that point of his are worlds different. I know Lebron's Heat had a weaker back half of their rotation but looking at how those players stacked up to each other I don't think it's at all unreasonable to think Lebron as the arguable GOAT in his prime should have at least made that much more competitive than a gentleman's sweep. GOAT contenders deserve to be held to absurdly high standards.
    And lost in all of this, you do not mention that the Spurs system was always better than all the teams in the league. Their players may not be more talented individually or even as a team but the way they were coached and used were far better than what the Heat could generate in terms of guys like Rashard Lewis, James Jones, etc.,

this guy has been on the entire day typing all this nonsense. he said Spurs would have done better with Bosh than Duncan. lmfao. He's not even putting any effort into being a little bit credible anymore. He's given up after getting beat down like a pulp so now his only role is to push the trolling to another level

The points shouldn't really be on there because they're only a byproduct of Kobe coming off the bench and not playing starter minutes his first 2.5 seasons. Of their top 10 scoring seasons, Kobe wins like 8 of them. To answer your question though, no I don't give any weight to that because LBJ kind of stat pads (in my opinion at least) at the expense of playing winning basketball, at least sometimes.
    But Kobe chucks, he shoots more than Lebron and scores less points. That in itself is all the proof we need that Lebron was more of a positive player than Kobe just looking at scoring. You canít say Bron stat pads, but takes less shots, and has his hands all the ball roughly the same amount. At the end of the day, the ball goes in the hole more often when Bron has the ball compared to when Kobe has it.

And if that were in a respectable conference that would carry a little bit of weight, but as is, it doesn't because some of those teams would struggle to make it out of the first round of the playoffs in the west.
    And if Kobe didnít play with the most dominant force in all of basketball and someone that was better than him his 1st 3 rings would carry a bit of weight. I mean if it was a fifth weíd all be drunk. There is an if and a but for Kobe as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i1-X0-9jws

even the strongest leader needs saving at times.... but everyone knows who the real god is.
    I stand corrected. Exact replica....

https://youtu.be/kIF8zcj_J4Y

The 2016 title was big for LBJ...the longevity issue is also now becoming a prominent factor to consider. If he can win as an elite superstar a title at this stage in his career, it would be unprecedented so yes, there is context that does favor LBJ.
    Lebronís performances in the finals have also been much better than Kobeís. Heís been better at ever phase of the game. Against the the best regular season team in history he lead both teams in pts/reb/asst/Blk/stl and won. Itís never been done before. The dude is a monster. It would be hard to do this stuff on nba2k. The Dude continually does stuff that nobody has ever done before. Heís a one off. Heís outperformed Kobe in finals against tougher competition because he plays against the west and Kobe plays against the east right, so...

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    And lost in all of this, you do not mention that the Spurs system was always better than all the teams in the league. Their players may not be more talented individually or even as a team but the way they were coached and used were far better than what the Heat could generate in terms of guys like Rashard Lewis, James Jones, etc.,
    The MIA heat under Coach Spo have been an amazing system for the most part. The exception was actually during the Lebron years. Instead of playing their well developed team oriented system during those year they played Bron-ball. IMO that's one of the valid criticism of Lebron's career as well. He's always resisted team oriented systems and wants to play Bron-ball instead. I think that style has made it tougher on him then it needed to be.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

They don't count less. He's had more opportunity than Bird yet has the same number of titles
    But they do count less because youíre saying LeBron needs more rings to equal Bird...