Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 327 of 451 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 6764
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but I also only knock him on it as a competitor, but that doesn't really factor into my ranking of LBJ. Where it does factor in is that because he's done that I have a higher bar for him in terms of winning than I otherwise would had he not done that. My reasoning is basically that if LBJ is going to stack his team like that during his prime years than it's reasonable for us to hold him to a higher standard when it comes to winning than we hold others to or than we would hold him to had he not done that.
    But it still sounds like you're saying because LeBron wasn't lucky enough to have a stacked team to start with I'm going to demand he wins more titles than someone who was lucky enough to have a stacked team to start with.

If LeBron was drafted to the Heat with Wade and Bosh and won the same amount of titles in the same amount of time, would he change in your draft positioning?

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Oh poor boy. You are the one who cannot read son. No big moves isnít talking about him deferring here.

But...stay with me my son

When Bron lost to Dallas

He was deferring

And they lost

DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND MY YOUNG SON
    Yeap, that's it. You got it.

Whenever Lebron loses, he was deferring, whenever his team wins, it's all on him.
    Whenever Lebron loses, his teammates suck or didn't live up to the task.
    Whenever Lebron wins, his teammates are non-existent. It's not as if Bosh rebounded Lebron's miss and then Ray Allen hit the clutch shot.

Maybe next time you want to pay attention to who is replying to whom and to which words. Maybe then you limit exposing yourself as the resident dufous and least knowledgable person in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But it still sounds like you're saying because LeBron wasn't lucky enough to have a stacked team to start with I'm going to demand he wins more titles than someone who was lucky enough to have a stacked team to start with.

If LeBron was drafted to the Heat with Wade and Bosh and won the same amount of titles in the same amount of time, would he change in your draft positioning?
    Please name a team in the late 2000s with 3 franchise players in their prime years, mid 20s, on the same team.

I'll wait.

And I'm not even making it hilarious by adding that two of those three should also be Top 3 players in the league.

You're also free to do this in any other era when playing on stacked teams was a thing.

Yet, it's challenging enough to find teams in the 2000s with 2 of these guys in their prime, let alone three...

As long as you keep refusing to see the truth in the eye, that Lebron made this "superteam" because he was afraid that he wasn't up to the task of winning, you'll keep ignoring the full picture of Lebron's career and legacy.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 05-24-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post

Whenever Lebron loses, he was deferring, whenever his team wins, it's all on him.
    Whenever Lebron wins, his teammates are non-existent. It's not as if Bosh rebounded Lebron's miss and then Ray Allen hit the clutch shot.

Maybe next time you want to pay attention to who is replying to whom and to which words. Maybe then you limit exposing yourself as the resident dufous and least knowledgable person in basketball.
    Wow. Great post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So why did Lebron decide to defer in the 2011 NBA Finals? During the regular season he led the team in PPG and FGA per game. He also led them in both during the Conference finals against the Bulls.. Seems like an odd time to say hey Iím going to defer.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    So why did Lebron decide to defer in the 2011 NBA Finals? During the regular season he led the team in PPG and FGA per game. He also led them in both during the Conference finals against the Bulls.. Seems like an odd time to say hey Iím going to defer.
    Because of the Mavs defense and using zone concepts, on a string defense that was especially about protecting the paint/making the initiator (often Lebron) have to pass to the top and reset etc. They even often would be willing to leave someone open (granted it was like Anthony not a stud) to make sure the help was there. Given that Heat team was more of a switch off between Lebron/Wade the defense would stop the initial attack and then recover to the ball moving. It is still a fault on Lebron but they played into his reading the defense etc. by not allowing just that to create for the offense as it often had to be reset due to different defenses.

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/mav...finals-failure
    ďAre we in a zone? What type of zone are we in? How are we matching up? What kind of rotations are we in?Ē Cuban said, describing the thought process James had to go through every time he touched the ball. ďMaking him think made them pass the ball around the perimeter, which gave us a chance to adjust.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...t-weapon/72485
    When asked what he wasnít able to do in the Finals, LeBron said ďlive in the paint.Ē James also explained what Dallas did defensively on him. ďThey did a great job every time I drove, they brought an extra defender in front of me. They did a great job defensively, [theyíre a] very underrated defensive team. They took me out of a lot of things Iím capable of doing and used to doing. They took us out of a lot of things weíre capable of doing, and thatís getting points in the paint and getting to the free throw line, so much respect to them.Ē

Here are a couple articles getting into the basics but Lebron absolutely deferred too much. The Mavericks deserve some credit for their defensive concepts and it is still a choke job by Lebron for not adjusting and continuing to let it affect him how it did (he did respond great the following season though, with the help imo of Spo/coaching/incorporating more team aspects around just Lebron instead of their switch off thing).

Please name a team in the late 2000s with 3 franchise players in their prime years, mid 20s, on the same team.

I'll wait.

And I'm not even making it hilarious by adding that two of those three should also be Top 3 players in the league.

You're also free to do this in any other era when playing on stacked teams was a thing.

Yet, it's challenging enough to find teams in the 2000s with 2 of these guys in their prime, let alone three...

As long as you keep refusing to see the truth in the eye, that Lebron made this "superteam" because he was afraid that he wasn't up to the task of winning, you'll keep ignoring the full picture of Lebron's career and legacy.
    Look at how hate filled your sentences are. "afraid he wasn't up to the task of winning"? No, he realized he was not going to have enough help to win in Cleveland.

Did he then go to a completely stacked team? Absolutely. But how much better than the rest of the league a team is doesn't matter as much as you think when the players you're comparing him to also had teams better than the rest of the league.

As Jaime Lannister said when his father Tywin told him "You'll never be as good without your right hand":

"True, but if I'm still better than everyone else I suppose it doesn't matter".

It'd be like if we were playing the card game war and your deck had all 8's and my deck had all Kings and you losing and saying "that's super unfair, it would have been more even if you had all Jack's instead". Even with the "lesser" Jacks, the deck was still stronger than your deck.

It's funny how much you hate LeBron that you vilify him and knock him down your list because he went to a stacked team to win, but if he had stayed in Cleveland and never won you'd be vilifying him for not having won a title. Basically, no matter what LeBron did or didn't do, you were going to vilify him. That is called hate.

Nope, if he stayed at Cleveland and fought his way in the Playoffs, the proper way, without getting a bunch of calls like in 07, I'd probably appreciate him a lot more.
    But it seems like I'm not the only one who wasn't appreciating him much since no one really wanted to play with him other than Wade (who was eliminating competition) and Bosh (who was in a similar position but in a lesser scale).

I'm still waiting on a team of 3 franchise players that joined the same team in their prime. Especially if you keep saying bs like the 80s were weak.

Nope, if he stayed at Cleveland and fought his way in the Playoffs, the proper way, without getting a bunch of calls like in 07, I'd probably appreciate him a lot more.
    But it seems like I'm not the only one who wasn't appreciating him much since no one really wanted to play with him other than Wade (who was eliminating competition) and Bosh (who was in a similar position but in a lesser scale).

I'm still waiting on a team of 3 franchise players that joined the same team in their prime. Especially if you keep saying bs like the 80s were weak.
    I do not think that is true. You've been critical of LeBron pretty much the entire time you've been on this forum.

But leave it to you to talk about how nobody wants to play with LeBron at the same time you're arguing how other superstars wanted to play with him making it unfair

I guess you are just a blow hard as I suspected. Lebron wouldnít shoot during that series. He passed the ball off. Thatís why after that year D Wade came to him and told him to be the guy.

All your credibility left when you said the Heat would win more with Melo. Now your just proving it here. The f you watched the games, youíd know that Lebron did not did ball hog or run the offense against Dallas. He deferred and wasnít aggressive at all.

Your proving to be more of a fraud than I thought with your fake proclamations if being a coach at a high level. You are trash and any team you run will be trash if you knowledge shown on these boards translates to the way you scout your talent.

Anyway

Once again

You donít know hoops

You arenít even up on common knowledge son. You need an 80s forum because thatís the last time you watched a game obviously. Amosler dupe account right here.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I do not think that is true. You've been critical of LeBron pretty much the entire time you've been on this forum.

But leave it to you to talk about how nobody wants to play with LeBron at the same time you're arguing how other superstars wanted to play with him making it unfair
    Well, Bosh and Wade were in Miami and Lebron joined them. That's the chronological order if we want to believe that Lebron was genuine about entertaining at least 6 offers in the 2010 offseason. So technically, they didn't join his team, he joined their teams.

Can you name me a star player that wanted to play with Lebron? Anthony Davis was traded, Kyrie was already in Cleveland, Kevin Love was traded.

I cannot think of any. Maybe he's not such an attractive teammate as people make him out to be?

And my join date is June 2010. My first posts were probably about wanting Lebron to join the Knicks.

Well, Bosh and Wade were in Miami and Lebron joined them. That's the chronological order if we want to believe that Lebron was genuine about entertaining at least 6 offers in the 2010 offseason. So technically, they didn't join his team, he joined their teams.

Can you name me a star player that wanted to play with Lebron? Anthony Davis was traded, Kyrie was already in Cleveland, Kevin Love was traded.

I cannot think of any. Maybe he's not such an attractive teammate as people make him out to be?

And my join date is June 2010. My first posts were probably about wanting Lebron to join the Knicks.
    Good thing you got Carmelo instead oh wait.

Are you seriously trying to say that Wade and Bosh didnít want to play with LeBron because LeBron announced his decision last

So if Bron said he was going to Miami first Wade and Bosh would have gone elsewhere? Give me a break lol

Yeah, and if Anthony Davis didnít want to play with LeBron he would have objected to the trade or told LA he was gone if they traded for him.

You hate LeBron so much youíre actually arguing both that heís played with too many stars in his career and that you canít think of any stars that want to play with him

Great stuff

I canít believe this thread is still open..