Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 164 of 201 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3005
  1. #2446
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,594
    Kobe was first guard to come out of high school. Lakers had 2 all star guards, Van Exel and Eddie Jones who was a all NBA defensive team. 3x champ Byron Scott was the back up SG. Thats tough for any rookie guard let alone the first 17 year old guard. Kobe played 15 mins a game and had many DNPís in his rookie year. Greg Oden played more total mins in his injury rookie year. All these all stars and all NBA players and Kobe was closing out playoff games as a rookie. Kobe got 10 more mins a game at 25 mins a game and that was enough to be a All Star starter. 15 mins less a game then James or Jordan first All Star years.

    Once Kobe become a starter for a full season the Lakers became a championship team. The Lakers lost a all NBA player and a all star player. Lakers kept getting weaker but Kobe kept getting more mins. Lakers lose Rice for nothing but it meant more touches for Kobe. That year Kobe averaged 29 points a game in the season and Lakers went 15-1 in the playoffs. Every time Lakers lost a all star, Kobes game ascended and Lakers got better.

    Kobe averaged 33 points against the Spurs #1 ranked defense in 2001 playoffs. Led all Lakers players.

    Kobe averaged 26 points against the Spurs #1 ranked defense in 2002 playoffs. Led all Lakers players.

    Kobe averaged 26 points against the Spurs #1 ranked defense in 2004 playoffs. Led all Lakers players.

    Kobe first 8 season with the Lakers/Shaq was already a hall of fame career. Kobe showed flashes of his greatness and showed he was at the very top of the league.

  2. #2447
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,594
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Again Kobe could not play with just about any coach. https://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/28...-james-harden/
    No player ever has won with D Antoni. Heís had 2 MVPís in Nash and Harden and 0 finals appearances. So why is Kobe not winning in his 17th injury season with him a bust? Again Kobe won with as many coaches as Jordan. Explain to me why itís a bad thing to only win with 1 coach?

  3. #2448
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Kobe was first guard to come out of high school. Lakers had 2 all star guards, Van Exel and Eddie Jones who was a all NBA defensive team. 3x champ Byron Scott was the back up SG. Thats tough for any rookie guard let alone the first 17 year old guard. Kobe played 15 mins a game and had many DNPís in his rookie year. Greg Oden played more total mins in his injury rookie year. All these all stars and all NBA players and Kobe was closing out playoff games as a rookie. Kobe got 10 more mins a game at 25 mins a game and that was enough to be a All Star starter. 15 mins less a game then James or Jordan first All Star years.

    Once Kobe become a starter for a full season the Lakers became a championship team. The Lakers lost a all NBA player and a all star player. Lakers kept getting weaker but Kobe kept getting more mins. Lakers lose Rice for nothing but it meant more touches for Kobe. That year Kobe averaged 29 points a game in the season and Lakers went 15-1 in the playoffs. Every time Lakers lost a all star, Kobes game ascended and Lakers got better.

    Kobe averaged 33 points against the Spurs #1 ranked defense in 2001 playoffs. Led all Lakers players.

    Kobe averaged 26 points against the Spurs #1 ranked defense in 2002 playoffs. Led all Lakers players.

    Kobe averaged 26 points against the Spurs #1 ranked defense in 2004 playoffs. Led all Lakers players.

    Kobe first 8 season with the Lakers/Shaq was already a hall of fame career. Kobe showed flashes of his greatness and showed he was at the very top of the league.
    cool story. Can we say phill jackson and Shaq. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZprL8PvNL5Y that not saying kobe did not contribute to the success of the team. He played a huge role.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-09-2019 at 02:00 AM.

  4. #2449
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    No player ever has won with D Antoni. Heís had 2 MVPís in Nash and Harden and 0 finals appearances. So why is Kobe not winning in his 17th injury season with him a bust? Again Kobe won with as many coaches as Jordan. Explain to me why itís a bad thing to only win with 1 coach?
    Dantoni is not the only coach Kobe snubbed. Phil made it clear how difficult it was to coach Kobe. GSW also won and dominate the West with like system. Kobe did exactly what you just did. Lebron won a ring with Eric and Lue. Even went to finals with Brown. I am sure Lebron would have beaten GSW if both Kyrie and Love did not get hurt. Lets not forget Kyrie left as well. It was possible for Cavs to win more than 1 title.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-09-2019 at 01:49 AM.

  5. #2450
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    you did not see kobe came down on 3 or 4 consecutive possessions and jacked very early in the game? No one else touched the ball.

    https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-spor...es-a-ball-hog/

    Besides your back to Lebron and not the Coach system. Who was lebron disciplined coach? Again Kobe jacked even more without Phil. Can you give Lebron the same coach same system and see which one performs better? Lebron can play for all 30 teams as constructed and he will make every last one a playoff contender.
    Who cares, it's one game. There are times when LBJ has done that as well. Referencing specific instances in which that's happened is pretty silly.

  6. #2451
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Again Kobe could not play with just about any coach. https://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/28...-james-harden/
    This is such nonsense man, you've clearly lost it.

  7. #2452
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerClipperFan View Post
    Bryant is ranked #14 by Bleacher Report (ESPN has him 12)
    LeBron #2

    Eventually Bron will be ranked #1.
    Bryantfans will make up any kind of bologna argument tho......so whatever.
    You mean places that are trying to sell a story to gullible fans, yeah that's not surprising LBJ is still in the league and Kobe is long retired. What is even more hilarious is that you think LBJ has a shot to be #1...he can literally win a 3-peat and he wouldn't surpass MJ (and I'm by no means an MJ fan).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-09-2019 at 02:18 AM.

  8. #2453
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Dantoni is not the only coach Kobe snubbed. Phil made it clear how difficult it was to coach Kobe. GSW also won and dominate the West with like system. Kobe did exactly what you just did. Lebron won a ring with Eric and Lue. Even went to finals with Brown. I am sure Lebron would have beaten GSW if both Kyrie and Love did not get hurt. Lets not forget Kyrie left as well. It was possible for Cavs to win more than 1 title.
    You're off your rocker if you think the cavs had any chance against the warriors. The fact is that Kobe played at a high level with every coach he's ever had except Scott, but that was after the achilles injury. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it was Phil Jackson who was a hard coach to play for and not the other way around? Phil had issues with Rodman, Pippen, Kobe, and to a lesser extent Shaq. Kobe never had any real issues with his other coaches (d'antoni and Kobe didn't end with a great relationship, but they didn't really have major issues either). Notice a common theme here. Phil then turned around and wrote a book, which mainly sold because he blasted Kobe on it. As a matter of fact, Phil has had issues with a ton of people throughout the NBA, because he's kind of a pompous jerk.

    I also don't know why you keep thinking that LBJ would do great with Phil. Guys who dominate the ball have actually never played well with Phil. Gary Payton noted how he lost all his confidence playing for Phil Jackson. The main reason we brought in d'antoni over Phil was because we had traded for Nash and the front office was concerned that Phil would render Nash ineffective like he did with Payton. Phil is frankly one of the most inflexible coaches I've ever seen and there are not too many guys who could play for him. Kobe was the bigger person by allowing Phil to return. most players would have never been okay with it. Phil treated Kobe very poorly during his first stint here and then there was the book. It showed a lot of character that Kobe was willing to put all that aside to allow him to return. It was frankly more than what Phil deserved given how poorly he handed Kobe and the whole book thing. there are very few players (I can't think of any) who are stars (let alone generational players) who have or would ever, under any circumstances put up with the treatment that Phil gave Kobe during his first stint. most players in that position would've just had the coach fired (and the lakers would've probably done it because they were all in on Kobe).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-09-2019 at 02:44 AM.

  9. #2454
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    cool story. Can we say phill jackson and Shaq. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZprL8PvNL5Y that not saying kobe did not contribute to the success of the team. He played a huge role.
    Nah, you kind of just did say that he didn't play a huge role. You attributed to Phil Jackson and Shaq...pretty hypocritical of you if I'm being honest.

  10. #2455
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    109,804
    i am a kobe hater? why because i think lebron is better lmfao... i have called kobe the hardest working 100 percent all basketball dude from day 1 and have him 8-11 all time.... yet i am a hater? this coming from a dude that is arguing every single thing for kobe from start to finish and goes by rings and completely ignores stats... stats ACROSS THE BOARD THAT SHOWS LEBRON IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER lolol.

  11. #2456
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Nah, you kind of just did say that he didn't play a huge role. You attributed to Phil Jackson and Shaq...pretty hypocritical of you if I'm being honest.
    lol where did i say he did not play a huge role he was the second star on the team that dont mean they could not win with another star guard . The leage did not change rules because of Kobe they did because of Shaq. Phil even mention back then that people dont really understand how important and the impact Pau made in Lakers winning those 2 rings.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-09-2019 at 07:48 AM.

  12. #2457
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,983
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am a kobe hater? why because i think lebron is better lmfao... i have called kobe the hardest working 100 percent all basketball dude from day 1 and have him 8-11 all time.... yet i am a hater? this coming from a dude that is arguing every single thing for kobe from start to finish and goes by rings and completely ignores stats... stats ACROSS THE BOARD THAT SHOWS LEBRON IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER lolol.
    i dont think bigmoves can separate winning vs the better player.

  13. #2458
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Not true at all. In Kobe's time, guys just didn't get very much time out of HS, especially on a team that was expected to contend. Kobe actually played a decent amount for a player in that situation. If LBJ were on that team, I doubt he would've gotten too much playing time one way or the other either. Not because he wasn't ready, but because young players weren't trusted too much during that era.
    In Kobe's time... you make it sound like they played like 25 years apart from each other.

    ok, well I think LBJ would have played no matter what team he was on because how gifted he was. I'm not sure if you remember or not but Lebron had a little bit of hype coming out of high school, dude was already box office in high school. If the coach of whatever team he was playing on was giving him 15 minutes of playing time, he would have been fired about 10 games into the season. Cavs doubled their win total with Lebron as a rookie, he woulda been just fine logging 35/40 mins on any team.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 12-09-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  14. #2459
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,590
    i hate rapists
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

  15. #2460
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i am a kobe hater? why because i think lebron is better lmfao... i have called kobe the hardest working 100 percent all basketball dude from day 1 and have him 8-11 all time.... yet i am a hater? this coming from a dude that is arguing every single thing for kobe from start to finish and goes by rings and completely ignores stats... stats ACROSS THE BOARD THAT SHOWS LEBRON IS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER lolol.
    I don't completely ignore stats. I do however recognize their massive limitation and why they aren't all that useful for assessing players. You completely ignore those issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •