Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1520
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Curry is a shooter and dont impact the game like Kobe did.
    Ooohhh not so fast. There's a reason the Warriors offensively weren't nearly as good even with KD/Klay/Draymond on the floor w/o him. Steph's range is so dangerous it spaces out any defense. Kobe impacts both ends to be sure, but I wouldn't discount Currys impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    You mean you found media outlets, which have an incentive to follow suit? Yeah, that's not really going to sway my opinion on the matter. If you simply keep repeating something, other people start believing it, even if it's not true. That's how propaganda works. Not sure why you would think a list from media outlets would somehow carry any weight in this debate, given the point I've been making about media bias and monetary incentives. Also note, even within that biased sample, two of them have LBJ at 5 and 6, which is within a reasonable range of 9. Writing about basketball isn't very hard either lol. I can write about basketball and then you'd have a list with him at #9 lol. All that shows is that there is a list out there that says what the media has been pushing for a few years now. I'm not biased for not allowing myself to be influenced by propaganda, quite the contrary actually.
    You have this remarkable ability to say that we can't use any evidence that points to LeBron being better.

If repeating something untrue gets more people to believe it, how do you know that's not the case with those saying Kobe is better?

My point is, people overwhelmingly are saying LeBron is Top 5. You have Bron ranked 3 lower than anyone listed, that is not good. But if you really want to discount them, find me people or polls or lists that have Kobe above LeBron that were made within the past 1-2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You have this remarkable ability to say that we can't use any evidence that points to LeBron being better.

If repeating something untrue gets more people to believe it, how do you know that's not the case with those saying Kobe is better?

My point is, people overwhelmingly are saying LeBron is Top 5. You have Bron ranked 3 lower than anyone listed, that is not good. But if you really want to discount them, find me people or polls or lists that have Kobe above LeBron that were made within the past 1-2 years.
    My point is that these lists tend to be very similar and they largely represent whatever the popular opinion is at the time. With Kobe, the same media push was starting to take hold and people were not just comparing him to MJ but saying he was better, but then the sexual assault case happened and that ended his love affair with the media real quickly, because he was no longer as marketable. Besides, I don't think three spots is that big of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Your just to novice to understand or be aware of the subtleties of reading a defense in real time. Itís ok. Everyone on the offense was on the same page. They moved as one to make that play happen. Again your just to novice to comprehend reading a defense.
    It's not even about reading the defense though, it's the fact that the defense should never be expected to collapse on an offensive player when they are going to the basket in that situation.

It's not even about reading the defense though, it's the fact that the defense should never be expected to collapse on an offensive player when they are going to the basket in that situation.
    When Bron drives defenses collapse. Thatís the one guarantee in life. And guess who knows this better than anyone...Lebron. Some play chess, some play checkers

My point is that these lists tend to be very similar and they largely represent whatever the popular opinion is at the time. With Kobe, the same media push was starting to take hold and people were not just comparing him to MJ but saying he was better, but then the sexual assault case happened and that ended his love affair with the media real quickly, because he was no longer as marketable. Besides, I don't think three spots is that big of a difference.
    Get the fick out there was never a moment in history where anybody had the gall to suggest that Kobe might be as good or better.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I want to know what bubble you get your basketball news from, because there was never a serious comparison where people were saying he was better than MJ.

As for 3 spots being that big a difference, in a vacuum no. But when it's to say that you have someone ranked 3 spots lower than everybody else does, especially in the Top 5-10, it becomes a bigger difference.

For instance, if someone had MJ 4th, that is a pretty big 3 spots considering most if not everybody has him at #1.

Either way, the main point here is your accusation that we are the ones who have the distorted view of LeBron's ranking all-time is erroneous. Based on where the vast majority of people seem to have him now, having him where you do appears to be the outlier.

not hope buddy. Look at the defenders carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Ooohhh not so fast. There's a reason the Warriors offensively weren't nearly as good even with KD/Klay/Draymond on the floor w/o him. Steph's range is so dangerous it spaces out any defense. Kobe impacts both ends to be sure, but I wouldn't discount Currys impact on the game.
    well heís the best shooter of this era and you canít overlook his ability to keep the defense honest in their team oriented style. But I dont think he has the ability to carry a team or put that type of pressure on the defense.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-08-2019 at 06:10 PM.

not hope buddy. Look at the defenders carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Get the fick out there was never a moment in history where anybody had the gall to suggest that Kobe might be as good or better.

To be honest it had some people caught up in the moment and had Kobe right there and some said even better. It was not before the rape thing but during the run him and pau had. That was short lived however.

To be honest it had some people caught up in the moment and had Kobe right there and some said even better. It was not before the rape thing but during the run him and pau had. That was short lived however.
    Kobe fans. That would absolutely have to be Kobe fans.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Why are we pretending that having Kobe it the highest tier possible is not a popular opinion? Pretending that Kobe being ranked out of the top 10 is normal is just that. Pretending.

When Bron drives defenses collapse. Thatís the one guarantee in life. And guess who knows this better than anyone...Lebron. Some play chess, some play checkers
    There no clearer sign of someone over estimating their own intelligence then that chess and checkers reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

In a regular moment yes, not with 4 seconds left and his team down 3 lol. It's not like LBJ's layups count for 3 pts or like the defense goes mad and loses all sensibility.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I want to know what bubble you get your basketball news from, because there was never a serious comparison where people were saying he was better than MJ.

As for 3 spots being that big a difference, in a vacuum no. But when it's to say that you have someone ranked 3 spots lower than everybody else does, especially in the Top 5-10, it becomes a bigger difference.

For instance, if someone had MJ 4th, that is a pretty big 3 spots considering most if not everybody has him at #1.

Either way, the main point here is your accusation that we are the ones who have the distorted view of LeBron's ranking all-time is erroneous. Based on where the vast majority of people seem to have him now, having him where you do appears to be the outlier.
    The comparisons were starting for Kobe at that point. There was then a big course correction after the trial. It wasn't warranted, just like the MJ/LBJ comparisons are not warranted. I think you might have misunderstood my position actually. My point was that we don't see Kobe all that differently and that where we differ is where we rank LBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

You have no idea what you're talking about...there's a long list of players (many their peers and teammates who have Kobe ahead of LBJ and the list has been posted on this thread multiple times...feel free to read through it). Whether you agree with it or not, there is a LONG list of people making that claim (not just me).

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast