Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 235 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3513
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Oh it was your thread lol? Why did you feel the need to make this? Itís not even a discussion anymore
    When did it cease to be a discussion and for what reason exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    When did it cease to be a discussion and for what reason exactly?
    Before LeBrons 2016 ring to the educated so not even close after the ring. Peak longevity and everything is better. Heís better at literally everything other than free throw shooting. This isnít a debate anymore and hasnít been since 2013.

Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    its close but at least bron didn't openly defy the gameplan. its arguable that bron gets those Lakers closer to a title since he was looking to defer and Shaq was up for it. pistons entire gameplan was to make Kobe want to chuck.

Kobe chucking and missing helps no team.
    Hey, don't get me wrong, both failures were cataclysmic and they both cost their teams championships respectively. I just think that even if Kobe didn't go into jack mode and destroy the game plan the way he did, it's likely that Lakers still lose that series. With the Mavs, if LeBron hadn't wet the bed in the fourth quarters as bad as he did, there is a good chance they win that series.

On the flip side of that coin, I can't really see Kobe losing that series in 2011 with a prime Wade and Bosh submitting to beta roles like they did for Bron. That was essentially what inspired Kobe's little uprising against Shaq and caused him to destroy the teams game plan, a dick measuring contest for top dog and NBA Finals MVP. Bron's running mates/sidekicks already had submitted that position to him.

The Pistons didn't have a match up for Shaq, the ball should have been dumped to him on almost every single play. A no brainer really. If Kobe really cared about winning like he says he does, he would have done what was best for the team. He was definitely eyeing that NBA Finals MVP above all else. In regards to which is worse, it's essentially selfishness vs. mental weakness. Truly a zero sum game.

I am just arguing that the disparity in strength between opponents hurts LeBron more so than Kobe. The Heat were truly in a position to win that year, where it's debatable that the Lakers were. While I agree that LeBron would not have chucked them out of the game and could very well have gotten them closer than Kobe, it's most likely the Lakers still lose, where as I just can't see Kobe wetting the bed like that in that many consecutive close fourth quarters. If Bron was just like 5% more assertive, I just can't see the Heat losing that series.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But we are talking about comparing them in their eras. So did Bird dominate his era as much or more than LeBron? So Bird played against others who didn't have the advantage of modern medicine whereas LeBron has those advantages but must play against a league where everybody has those advantages.

Bird still had a relatively short career for a superstar even amongst his time, and those players who played far longer didn't have any of the advances of modern medicine either. Conversely, LeBron has unreal durability and longevity even for todays game and amongst people who have access to all the medical advances he does.

Bird did win 3 straight MVPs. LeBron won 4 MVPs in 5 years and came in 2nd the year he lost. Yes, if you give Bird all the advances LeBron has, who knows how he'd do? Similarly, if you put LeBron back in the 80's when Bird played he would absolutely destroy everything in his path. The coin goes both ways.
    Hmmm. I don't know about that.

LABron only 111 points from passing Bryant...
    He will do in 16+ seasons what it took Bryant 20 years to do!

Both are Legends but I more like Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerClipperFan View Post
    and he is an efficient scorer better rebounder with more assists and better defender.

He going to pass him in fewer games, fewer minutes on fewer shots, but dude a few pages back tried to tell me it took Lebron longer.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    and he is an efficient scorer better rebounder with more assists and better defender.
    The only skill Kobe is better at is free throw shooting and thatís literally it. I promise Kobe fans itís not a bad thing to be worse than the 2nd best player ever, Kobe is obviously top 10 so just appreciate his greatness!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    The only skill Kobe is better at is free throw shooting and thatís literally it. I promise Kobe fans itís not a bad thing to be worse than the 2nd best player ever, Kobe is obviously top 10 so just appreciate his greatness!!
    LeBron better than Kareem Abdul Jabbar? Wow.

I think Lebron.

Some rankings have LAbron #2, some #3. A few of them have him deeper, as low as #5.

On a side note, IF you are a Bryantfan that hates LeBron Lakers: MANY Bryantfans headed over to Clipper Nation. I spoke to a number of Kobefans at the Clippers game last night. They are really taking to this Clipper team, and hope to see them beat Lakers in the playoffs. (Kobefan = Clipperfan)

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    LeBron better than Kareem Abdul Jabbar? Wow.

Lebron went bald first, but Kobe never planted hair. That's something

Some rankings have LAbron #2, some #3. A few of them have him deeper, as low as #5.

On a side note, IF you are a Bryantfan that hates LeBron Lakers: MANY Bryantfans headed over to Clipper Nation. I spoke to a number of Kobefans at the Clippers game last night. They are really taking to this Clipper team, and hope to see them beat Lakers in the playoffs. (Kobefan = Clipperfan)
    There is struggle for many Laker fans. Some has softened a bit since they are winning but they are waiting in the back ground.