Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 97 of 398 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 5965
  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    New dawn new day new year. What’s the consensus from objective fans of the game?
    There's objective fans somewhere? Show me. Ha!

    The question at hand; In my opinion it's LeBron. I believe there's copious proof to back that up. However, on any given night maybe Kobe played more effectively. The next night maybe it was LeBron who played more effectively. Is it possible to have a new "Who is the better player" winner on any given night?

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Please post all these people's ranking of LeBron showing he is ranked far lower than we have him. I'm willing to bet 99% of the things you can find will be from 5+ years ago, which obviously he has accomplished a lot since then. If you are talking about fans, sure a lot of fans have him ranked lower than we do, but there is a direct correlation between their basketball knowledge and that ranking.

    Ranking LeBron 9th is a diss. Just at a quick inventory, I googled "Best Basketball Players of All-Time" here are the results:

    FoxSports: 2nd
    ClutchPoints: 2nd
    Ranker: 3rd
    Sportskeeda: 2nd
    Slam: 2nd
    ESPN: 3rd
    CBS: 2nd
    TheSportsDrop: 2nd
    Yardbarker: 2nd
    MetroSports: 2nd
    Seatgeek: 2nd
    Sportsshow: 6th
    SI: 5th
    Encyclopedia ****ing Britannica: 1st


    So please, post the link of who has LeBron lower, because it seems that everyone who writes about basketball seems to agree, he's far higher than 9th.
    You mean you found media outlets, which have an incentive to follow suit? Yeah, that's not really going to sway my opinion on the matter. If you simply keep repeating something, other people start believing it, even if it's not true. That's how propaganda works. Not sure why you would think a list from media outlets would somehow carry any weight in this debate, given the point I've been making about media bias and monetary incentives. Also note, even within that biased sample, two of them have LBJ at 5 and 6, which is within a reasonable range of 9. Writing about basketball isn't very hard either lol. I can write about basketball and then you'd have a list with him at #9 lol. All that shows is that there is a list out there that says what the media has been pushing for a few years now. I'm not biased for not allowing myself to be influenced by propaganda, quite the contrary actually.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 11-07-2019 at 06:54 PM.

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    if you want to play what if. If he pulls up two defenders are within a reach. If he took that shot he brick it drifting left or he gets blocked Lakers loose.
    These aren't what if, these are things that actually happened. The defender blew his assignment in an unforced error, Dwight held curry keeping him from getting into the passing lane. Those aren't what its, those are things that actually happened.

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sure, there is some variation, but at a certain point it becomes drastic. If someone said "Kobe Bryant is a Top 100 player of all-time, maybe say 87th" would you be like "well people rank players differently so it's not a diss"? No, you'd rightfully realize that whether that person is genuine in their praise for Kobe, ranking him 87th all-time is a diss.
    Except the variation here isn't quite that drastic so that doesn't really fit here. Picking a guy like Harden or curry over Kobe (which some people on here have done) is many times over more biased than having LBJ at #9.

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Again, Lebron and Vogel ability to draw up a play >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bigmoves

    Don’t know why you think you no better, prob for the same reasons you ignore all statistical data when trying to prove your points. I’ll go with the nba champion over the couch potato in this one naturally
    Doesn't change that it took a lot of random chance for that to work out. Like Howard holding a player, like another defender making an unforced error. Not sure what is so hard to see about that. You'll take any position that glorifies LBJ over one that is more measured, that is what fanatics do.

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,707
    Harden overall is not better than kobe but yes hes better than him at some things same with Curry. They all have different styles. As for Lebron and Kobe overall Lebron is better but it has some things Kobe is better. Neither one of these players can win alone. Its going to depends on how utilize and how the team is constructed.
    Last edited by ldawg; 11-07-2019 at 07:19 PM.

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,707
    Houston try with Howard but his style was dated. Also teaming Harden with another guard is not ideal. A big would be best. They did came close to beating GSW if CP3 did not get hurt however. Just my opinion.

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,707
    Curry is a shooter and dont impact the game like Kobe did.

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Curry is a shooter and dont impact the game like Kobe did.
    Tell that to IKH lol

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Doesn't change that it took a lot of random chance for that to work out. Like Howard holding a player, like another defender making an unforced error. Not sure what is so hard to see about that. You'll take any position that glorifies LBJ over one that is more measured, that is what fanatics do.
    Two of your Shaq/Kobe championships involved a lot of random chance for them to be realized, but your still championing them as proof why Kobe is better. Just show how’s bias you are. Lakers got really lucky against Sacramento but you ignore that when pointing out how Kobe has 5 rings. Soooooooooooooo biased.

  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Tell that to IKH lol
    Look who your agreeing with lol, same guy who has Melo as a player in this league lol. Or does it not matter now that he agrees with you. Man bro, be consistent.

  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Two of your Shaq/Kobe championships involved a lot of random chance for them to be realized, but your still championing them as proof why Kobe is better. Just show how’s bias you are. Lakers got really lucky against Sacramento but you ignore that when pointing out how Kobe has 5 rings. Soooooooooooooo biased.
    that's different. there's chance that goes both ways in a series. this was a single play we were talking about...not a hundreds of plays over 7 games.

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,477
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Two of your Shaq/Kobe championships involved a lot of random chance for them to be realized, but your still championing them as proof why Kobe is better. Just show how’s bias you are. Lakers got really lucky against Sacramento but you ignore that when pointing out how Kobe has 5 rings. Soooooooooooooo biased.
    And Bron the one that made the winning pass that won the game. Your the butt hurt one going above and beyond to point out it was the wrong play. You are the only one on this site going hard on this so you are the one out in an island, not me. I was just celebrating the win like you should be doing.

  14. #1454
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,670
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    And Bron the one that made the winning pass that won the game. Your the butt hurt one going above and beyond to point out it was the wrong play. You are the only one on this site going hard on this so you are the one out in an island, not me. I was just celebrating the win like you should be doing.
    I was celebrating the win as well. Probably much more so than you. That doesn't mean I don't recognize we shouldn't have won that game and that it wasn't the best play. You and ldawg were the ones taking exception to the pretty obvious observation. There were definitely times where the lakers won because Kobe made the wrong play and got lucky it worked out. I had no issue saying we got lucky in those cases. I don't see why it's such a sensitive issue for you actually. Luck is part of the game and LBJ has made plenty of great plays, that just wasn't one of them.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 11-07-2019 at 08:13 PM.

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I was celebrating the win as well. Probably much more so than you. That doesn't mean I don't recognize we shouldn't have won that game and that it wasn't the best play. You and ldawg were the ones taking exception to the pretty obvious observation. There were definitely times where the lakers won because Kobe made the wrong play and got lucky it worked out. I had no issue saying we got lucky in those cases. I don't see why it's such a sensitive issue for you actually. Luck is part of the game and LBJ has made plenty of great plays, that just wasn't one of them.
    Your just to novice to understand or be aware of the subtleties of reading a defense in real time. It’s ok. Everyone on the offense was on the same page. They moved as one to make that play happen. Again your just to novice to comprehend reading a defense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •