Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 146 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2927
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Itís was move he learned from Phill. Like when Phill said he would trade Kobe if he wanted to be traded. Phill wasn't going to trade Kobe he just wanted Kobe to stop talking to the media. Kobe rejected every trade the Lakers came up with his no trade clause. If Kobe really wanted out he would of been out. Both moves resulted in multiple championships. Zen Master.
    But, as most of us know, Kobe Bryant wasnít initially a Laker, as he was drafted in the 1996 NBA Draft No. 13 overall by the Charlotte Hornets. Of course, Bryant put up a front, said heíd never play for the Hornets and worked his way out of the small-market for the bright lights of Los Angeles. The rest, as they say, is history.

Given the tense moments between Bryant and the Hornets leading up to the trade with the Lakers prior to his rookie campaign, it only makes sense that Charlotteís then general manager, Bob Bass, would be a little salty about the brash teenager for maneuvering his way to a different franchise. And, apparently, Bass didnít hold back frustration; according to Bryant.

Kobe was not going to stick around a team like Cavs.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Kobe was the youngest guard to make the all defensive team. Itís not a easy accomplishment. Kobe proceeded to make it every year up to the injury.

For perspective. It took James 6 seasons to reach this level of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Kobe was the youngest guard to make the all defensive team. Itís not a easy accomplishment. Kobe proceeded to make it every year up to the injury.

For perspective. It took James 6 seasons to reach this level of defense.
    He didn't deserve the vast majority of those. Even his own coach would attest to his overratedness on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He didn't deserve the vast majority of those. Even his own coach would attest to his overratedness on that end.
    I don't buy that. Phil just liked to stir the pot and do things to try and motivate his players. He would often take shots at most of his players except for his top guy. He knew how to motivate his guys and knew who he could take shots at and who wouldn't respond well to that. Kobe was an elite defender from very early on and it lasted up until he tore his achilles.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-03-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, but he could have just gone to a better organization. He didn't need to orchestrate a plot to form a super team. I would've had zero issue with LBJ switching over to a good organization or even just teaming with another superstar. It was that 3rd star that I had issue with. I have no issue with what he did with the lakers.

I'm a laker fan, and I did not want us to get KL or PG this offseason because that would've been super weak. Even though that would've benefited my favorite team, I believe in fair play and competition and so I'm never on board with organizations forming these super teams (regardless of who they are).
    It must be hard rooting against your favorite team bc you don't want LeBron winning anymore championships
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

I am still trying to find out the difference between can you come join me, please can you get me some help get me another star or i am leaving vs Ok you all dont want to come in this small market ok am coming to join you in Miami. end results is still the same i cant do it alone i need more help. I dont see how one get praised and one degrade artificial construction.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 11:06 AM.

In Durant case i get that, GSW was on top the league and defending champs and he hopped on board.

No one can do it alone, that's the idea.

Lebroniacs would have you believe that he pretty much could but disagree that if the Playoffs system was different (ie no conferences but just 1-16 based on record OR if the same team was in the Cavs) his team would not be as close.

And it's one thing to add a star player of a mid tier team and another to go to a previous champ's team and tag a top 10-15 player along with you. That's called fear.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    It must be hard rooting against your favorite team bc you don't want LeBron winning anymore championships
    I'm not rooting against my team at all and I do want LBJ to win more championships. I've been saying all along (whether he's with the lakers or not) that it would be nice to see him win a few legitimately to validate him being in the discussion for top 5. Without another 1-2 titles, such discussion is unwarranted. Contrary to what some of you might think, I'm not anti-LBJ. I just point out the reasons why he's nowhere near the level that some of you want to put him at. It would be great for the game if he could accomplish enough to warrant that kind of consideration, the problem is that without those additional accomplishments, putting LBJ in the discussion for top 5 is completely unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I am still trying to find out the difference between can you come join me, please can you get me some help get me another star or i am leaving vs Ok you all dont want to come in this small market ok am coming to join you in Miami. end results is still the same i cant do it alone i need more help. I dont see how one get praised and one degrade artificial construction.
    Cases where 3 legitimate stars have teamed up all in their primes are very rare in the history of the league. You basically have Miami, arguably Boston,GSW, and the Cavs. The Celtics situation is different though because KG was traded for and Boston gave up a ton in that trade. LBJ is in 2 of those 3 scenarios (if we exclude Boston). It's one thing to go get help, it's another thing to overload your team to the point where you can be replaced by numerous other stars and your team would probably still win a title.

That's another way to look it in terms of how valuable a player is to their team's championship run. In the case of Miami, that team was so stacked with Wade and Bosh that LBJ could have likely been replaced by any of the other top 15 or even 20 players in the league and that team would still likely win a title. With the Cavs, the situation is a little different because there probably aren't too many guys who LBJ could have been replaced with at the time who would've still led the team to a title. A case can be made for KD and KL or maybe AD or CP3 or Westbrook, but there's a decent chance that this Cavs team probably could've only won with LBJ at the time. In the case of Kobe, I believe that the first 2 titles with shaq the lakers could've probably won with a few other stars at the time (e.g., Carter, mcgrady, pierce, Kidd). However, for the 3rd title, I don't think there is a single player in the league that could have replaced Kobe and the team still wins a title. For Kobe's last title titles with Pau, I don't think there is a single player in the league who you could have replaced Kobe with at the time and the team still ends up winning.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-03-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    No one can do it alone, that's the idea.

Lebroniacs would have you believe that he pretty much could but disagree that if the Playoffs system was different (ie no conferences but just 1-16 based on record OR if the same team was in the Cavs) his team would not be as close.

And it's one thing to add a star player of a mid tier team and another to go to a previous champ's team and tag a top 10-15 player along with you. That's called fear.
    its call i need help. no matter how you twist it its still the same.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 12:59 PM.

I'm not rooting against my team at all and I do want LBJ to win more championships. I've been saying all along (whether he's with the lakers or not) that it would be nice to see him win a few legitimately to validate him being in the discussion for top 5. Without another 1-2 titles, such discussion is unwarranted. Contrary to what some of you might think, I'm not anti-LBJ. I just point out the reasons why he's nowhere near the level that some of you want to put him at. It would be great for the game if he could accomplish enough to warrant that kind of consideration, the problem is that without those additional accomplishments, putting LBJ in the discussion for top 5 is completely unwarranted.
    lol are they going to be legit? he teamed with Davis and he ran to LA. he will be in the circle no matter what.

Cases where 3 legitimate stars have teamed up all in their primes are very rare in the history of the league. You basically have Miami, arguably Boston,GSW, and the Cavs. The Celtics situation is different though because KG was traded for and Boston gave up a ton in that trade. LBJ is in 2 of those 3 scenarios (if we exclude Boston). It's one thing to go get help, it's another thing to overload your team to the point where you can be replaced by numerous other stars and your team would probably still win a title.

That's another way to look it in terms of how valuable a player is to their team's championship run. In the case of Miami, that team was so stacked with Wade and Bosh that LBJ could have likely been replaced by any of the other top 15 or even 20 players in the league and that team would still likely win a title. With the Cavs, the situation is a little different because there probably aren't too many guys who LBJ could have been replaced with at the time who would've still led the team to a title. A case can be made for KD and KL or maybe AD or CP3 or Westbrook, but there's a decent chance that this Cavs team probably could've only won with LBJ at the time. In the case of Kobe, I believe that the first 2 titles with shaq the lakers could've probably won with a few other stars at the time (e.g., Carter, mcgrady, pierce, Kidd). However, for the 3rd title, I don't think there is a single player in the league that could have replaced Kobe and the team still wins a title. For Kobe's last title titles with Pau, I don't think there is a single player in the league who you could have replaced Kobe with at the time and the team still ends up winning.
    Ok and whats the matter with that? Westbrook, KD, Harden, lbaka was all drafted to the same team? So i should sit back like old heads and hope to get lucky and be sad if i dont wishing i moved earlier? I should be stuck on cavs them keep bringing in over the hill stars or coaches that dont know how to win? while fat cat Kobe get to have prime Shaq and Prime Pau with improving Bynum twist with Odom and a hall of fame coach. To cap it was about to get CP3 with Howard but settles for Nash, Artest, Pau, Howard. No i will not sit to be lucky. don't wish i was in a better situation i am going to put myself in a better situation. Who dont like it to bad to sad. Came back to give them a title and they give him Blatt. who is this guy
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-03-2019 at 02:45 PM.

.... in your opinion

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Technically the Heat traded for Lebron and Bosh

Boston gave up a ton? yea a ton of names and 2 draft picks... Al Jefferson is really the only person worth mentioning. When a superstar or a very good star gets traded the team trading away that player, never gets a fair return. It just doesn't happen.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!