Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 140 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2950
  1. #2086
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    2000 was Kobe’s first championship year with the Lakers. Some say this version of Kobe was not elite. Not only did he close out a WCF game.....

    All NBA
    All Defense team
    All star starter
    NBA.com made a list for 60 greatest NBA final moments for 60 year anniversary. Kobe made that list for his closeout OT NBA Finals game.

    Looks elite to me. This is only his 1st championship
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...of-kobe-bryant
    who said he was not a star player? But he was not the main focus of the defense.

    Look how Lakers fortune turned with Jakson. Some players including Lebron did not have that early on.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.

  2. #2087
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...of-kobe-bryant
    who said he was not a star player? But he was not the main focus of the defense.

    Look how Lakers fortune turned with Jakson. Some players including Lebron did not have that early on.
    That was a great read. It mentioned how Kobe was the youngest guard in the history of the game to make the All Defensive 1st team in Kobe’s first championship year.

    It mentioned amazing game 7 in the Western Finals where Kobe led all lakers players in points, rebounds and assists for the deciding game. Kobe averaged 20 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists for the series.

    It also mentioned how Lakers where lucky to add phill Jackson to the team. Mentioned how Jackson went to Kobe in Overtime in the Fianls when Shaq fouled out. Phill call for Kobe Iso 3 strait times to close Indian out. Phill was a genius for letting Kobe dominate the ball in a Finals overtime game.

  3. #2088
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah you were wrong. Which makes you the most biased Bron hater in the world since nobody has him 9th. You got one guy who has him 7th and I have you 3 who have him as GOAT, so you were also wrong with nobody had him as goat. Hmmm, you being wrong is getting to be a theme here
    I was off by 1 slot, I don't see how that makes be biased. I said he had Kobe at 7 and LBJ at 8...it turned out he had Kobe at 6 and LBJ at 7. There have also been posters on here that have put him outside of the top 10 so I don't know why you keep saying that im the only person in the world who has him at #9. There are billions of people in the world, I can assure you that I am not the only person in the world with that position (and that I am quite far from the only one). I have an entire list of guys who have Kobe ahead of LBJ so not sure why it matters that you have 3 former players who have him ahead of MJ. It's also a little curious that the guys you listed happen to be pistons who hated MJ. you know what the difference is for the guys who pick Kobe over LBJ? A lot of those guys are LBJ's friends and guys who were bitter rivals with Kobe. Speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-01-2019 at 07:56 PM.

  4. #2089
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...of-kobe-bryant
    who said he was not a star player? But he was not the main focus of the defense.

    Look how Lakers fortune turned with Jakson. Some players including Lebron did not have that early on.
    Well LBJ is a laker now and has a super stacked team...far more stacked than Kobe had from 08-2013 so no excuses. Title or bust and if it's a bust, it's on LBJ and it will show that he couldn't do what Kobe did despite having more (and going up against weaker competition because the west now is weaker than it was during 08-2011). LBJ has already done less with more while facing weaker competition up to this point in his career so hopefully he can break the trend here and at least get a back-to-back (because yes, that is the minimum standard he will be held to if you want to compare him to what Kobe did).
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-01-2019 at 08:05 PM.

  5. #2090
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well LBJ is a laker now and has a super stacked team...far more stacked than Kobe had from 08-2013 so no excuses. Title or bust and if it's a bust, it's on LBJ and it will show that he couldn't do what Kobe did despite having more (and going up against weaker competition because the west now is weaker than it was during 08-2011). LBJ has already done less with more while facing weaker competition up to this point in his career so hopefully he can break the trend here and at least get a back-to-back (because yes, that is the minimum standard he will be held to if you want to compare him to what Kobe did).
    I do not buy that win with Less in the West BS. prime Shaq/ coach Jackson surpass any teammate and coach combo Lebron ever had. Kobe was in a dream situation. He had it so good he refused it while others envy.

    Lebron older now no excuse but to win now is icing on the cake. Hes out his prime. How many players you know at 35-36 were the best player on their team and won? Lakers do not have a 6th man type player, they are not rugged enough, they dont have enough time together including the coaches, Two centers doing the same thing and their guards are community service. With all those things they have a chance to win but they need to fix the roaster or Davis will need to step up.

    Its not that he cant do what Kobe did hes done that plus some. He have a chance to do what no one else did. He already surpass Kobe except in the rings department.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-01-2019 at 11:05 PM.

  6. #2091
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,925
    Kobe is already in the rear view what happens now wont change that. If Lebron wins with a third team at his age in a different system he may surpass MJ or be right at his door.

  7. #2092
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I do not buy that win with Less in the West BS. prime Shaq/ coach Jackson surpass any teammate and coach combo Lebron ever had. Kobe was in a dream situation. He had it so good he refused it while others envy.

    Lebron older now no excuse but to win now is icing on the cake. Hes out his prime. How many players you know at 35-36 were the best player on their team and won? Lakers do not have a 6th man type player, they are not rugged enough, they dont have enough time together including the coaches, Two centers doing the same thing and their guards are community service. With all those things they have a chance to win but they need to fix the roaster or Davis will need to step up.

    Its not that he cant do what Kobe did hes done that plus some. He have a chance to do what no one else did. He already surpass Kobe except in the rings department.
    Shaq/Kobe and a bunch of role players. Then it was Kobe/Gasol and a bunch of role players. LBJ has always had 2 stars and good role players. This team is fairly more talented than the 08-10 team the lakers made their run with. Kuzma is absolutely a 6th man type of player and they are stacked at every single position. Compare this team to those Kobe/gasol teams and this team wins out at almost every single position, especially if you have LBJ being better than Kobe...and, if your argument is that LBJ is better because of what advanced analytics say, then this version of LBJ is better than Kobe so you can't make the argument that LBJ is past his prime, because he would still be better than Kobe (he's clearly not and anyone with a shred of basketball knowledge would take 08-10 Kobe over the present version of LBJ, but that's not what the advanced metrics say and so you shouldn't either). That has to be your position since that's the argument you and IKH (and many other posters on here) have been making. If that's the case, this team is WAY better than the Kobe/Gasol lakers because AD also considerably better than Pau.

    It's funny how you're already priming the excuses. Rondo and Bradley are better than fisher or Sasha or farmar. You can make a case Odom was better than Kuzma, but statistically, the difference isn't really that large (and even if it is, it's not going to come close to making up for the statistical difference between LBJ and Kobe and AD and Pau). Bynum wasn't part of the 08 or 09 run and was hobbled and playing hurt almost the entire 10 run and so the 2010 version of Bynum has a slight advantage on Howard and McGee (but that doesn't factor in in for 09 because Bynum wasn't a part of that), but those lakers teams didn't really have a backup center. Bottom line, the present team has a ton more depth than those lakers did... and AD >> Pau and by your logic LBJ > Kobe. So past his prime or not your position should be LBJ > Kobe...if he can't deliver, it will speak volumes.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-02-2019 at 02:02 PM.

  8. #2093
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Kobe is already in the rear view what happens now wont change that. If Lebron wins with a third team at his age in a different system he may surpass MJ or be right at his door.
    Nope, Kobe is certainly not in his rearview. If he can win with a 3rd team it will make the debate between Kobe and LBJ more viable, because as it stands LBJ has yet to win a legitimate title. As for MJ, no...there is almost nothing LBJ can do at this point to surpass MJ unless he can win about 4 MORE titles while playing at a higher level than he has ever played in up to this point in his career. If he can do that, then it become a debate...because there's that whole thing about MJ having 6 titles (two different 3-peats), while playing at a higher level than LBJ ever has. As I've said, the debate is not a real one, but one that has been manufactured by the media and that is why LBJ still needs to do SO, SO much more just to be in that conversation.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-02-2019 at 01:47 PM.

  9. #2094
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Nope, Kobe is certainly not in his rearview. If he can win with a 3rd team it will make the debate between Kobe and LBJ more viable, because as it stands LBJ has yet to win a legitimate title. As for MJ, no...there is almost nothing LBJ can do at this point to surpass MJ unless he can win about 4 MORE titles while playing at a higher level than he has ever played in up to this point in his career. If he can do that, then it become a debate...because there's that whole thing about MJ having 6 titles (two different 3-peats), while playing at a higher level than LBJ ever has. As I've said, the debate is not a real one, but one that has been manufactured by the media and that is why LBJ still needs to do SO, SO much more just to be in that conversation.
    If beating a 73-9 team in the finals doesn't count as legit, nothing ever will.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  10. #2095
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    If beating a 73-9 team in the finals doesn't count as legit, nothing ever will.
    That GS team was not as good as their record indicated and they should have lost to OKC (which was talented, but nothing special (at least in my view))...but, even if we say that one counts as legitimate, that's still only 1 compared to guys who have all of their titles being legit.

  11. #2096
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    That GS team was not as good as their record indicated and they should have lost to OKC (which was talented, but nothing special (at least in my view))...but, even if we say that one counts as legitimate, that's still only 1 compared to guys who have all of their titles being legit.


    you do everything possible to discredit everything LeBron does... are you skip bayless by chance?
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  12. #2097
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post


    you do everything possible to discredit everything LeBron does... are you skip bayless by chance?
    GS not being as good as their record indicated had nothing to do with LBJ. They struggled against teams that slowed the game down. The year before, they would have likely lost to Memphis (which also wasn't that good) had they Memphis been relatively healthy. They then were on the ropes against a decent OKC team and lost to the Cavs in the finals. Other teams with great records like that haven't just won championships, but dominated most of their playoff opponents. Those GS teams clearly weren't doing that, which suggests they weren't as good as their record indicated.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-02-2019 at 02:38 PM.

  13. #2098
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,754
    Good lord I lost brain cells reading this discussion, idk why I did it. LeBron is a far, far better basketball player than Kobe.

  14. #2099
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Good lord I lost brain cells reading this discussion, idk why I did it. LeBron is a far, far better basketball player than Kobe.
    Might be that you already lacked the brain cells to understand why that's not the case, but hey, maybe you know far better than LBJ's actual teammates (e.g., Wade, Bosh, Shaq).

  15. #2100
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    12,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post

    GS not being as good as their record indicated had nothing to do with LBJ. They struggled against teams that slowed the game down. The year before, they would have likely lost to Memphis (which also wasn't that good) had they Memphis been relatively healthy. They then were on the ropes against a decent OKC team and lost to the Cavs in the finals. Other teams with great records like that haven't just won championships, but dominated most of their playoff opponents. Those GS teams clearly weren't doing that, which suggests they weren't as good as their record indicated.
    It has everything to do with it, if youre trying to devalue everything LeBron has done....which is your agenda.

    I get it, every team LeBron has ever faced in the playoffs wasn't that good. The worst team Kobe faced in the playoffs was better than every team Lebron has ever faced. The 2009 Jazz would mop the floor with the 2016 Warriors
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •