Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 509 of 549 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 8229
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If we want to include Chris Paul we must include the other high scoring guys I omitted because I figured using inferior scoring players to superior passing ones would demonstrate my point.

Paulís PER is 25.1.

KDís is 25.2.
    Wilts is 26.1 (and his highest PER seasons came when he was scoring not passing)
    Shaqís is 26.4
    ADís is 27.4
    Bronís is 27.5
    MJís is 27.9

The guys who score more have higher PERs than the guys who pass more (like CP3).

You simply donít know what youíre talking about here...
    But, all those guys are actually better than Chris Paul, so I mean donít we want PER to show the better/more effective player.

I think Chris Paulís PER is higher than Kobeís who is more of a volume shooter than any of those guys

This is not a knock on Kobe hes a shooting guard and he dont play the same or position as Lebron. Lebron also have a size advantage and these are not results of having the ball.

27 career playoffs tripple double

"LeBron James passed Kobe Bryant for outright third-most triple-doubles in the history of the Los Angeles Lakers.

LeBron James became the first player in NBA history to score a triple-double against every team in the league

first player in Lakers history to record multiple triple-doubles in the same postseason

James posted his 22nd triple-double for the Lakers during Tuesday's 100-93 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference first-round series.

The three-time NBA champion moved above the late Bryant (21) and is now behind only Magic Johnson (138) and Elgin Baylor (24) in Lakers history.

The triple-double (23 points, 17 rebounds and a postseason-high 16 assists) was the 24th of James' playoff career."

Here you have data about how many triple-doubles does Kobe Bryant have in his career, including points, rebounds, assists, game results and other stats. Since the 1996-97 NBA season only 5 Lakers have recorded triple-doubles: Kobe did it 21 times, Lamar Odom 4, Pau Gasol 3, Karl Malone and Gary Payton 1 each.

Thats 30 amoung 5 players to Lebron now at 25. 4 of them came in these playoff 2 against Portland 2 against Denver. 3 of them were 30+ point games.

Lebron only played for the Lakers 2 years so far missed some of those games and 1 playoff stint. Let that sink in for a min. Its not an East or West thing this is who this player is and its not something he just learned a few months ago.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-27-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    2011 Finals (Heat)
    2012 Finals (Heat)
    2013 Finals (Heat)
    2014 Finals (Heat)
    2015 Finals (Cavs)
    2016 Finals (Cavs)
    2017 Finals (Cavs)
    2018 Finals (Cavs)
    2019 DNQ
    2020 Finals (Lakers)

Yo, that is just bonkers to see. It has been this man's decade. Some people's prime is just much longer than others
    Heís made the FINALS in 10 of his 17 years in the league. If you donít include his contractual obligation to a terrible owner then itís 9 out of 10 years. Thatís crazy. Some guys get to pick their teams or get lucky and get drafted into great situations where they can help dictate player personal (like Lebron finally got). Some guys spend a third of their careers in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Heís made the FINALS in 10 of his 17 years in the league. If you donít include his contractual obligation to a terrible owner then itís 9 out of 10 years. Thatís crazy. Some guys get to pick their teams or get lucky and get drafted into great situations where they can help dictate player personal (like Lebron finally got). Some guys spend a third of their careers in hell.
    here is a what if possibility in hell. https://hashtagbasketball.com/charlo...pt-kobe-bryant Personally I think he would have figured out a way to win and he would have avg more points than he did in LA. How many rings we will never know.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-27-2020 at 08:47 PM.

LeBron is one of a small handful of players who you could argue is the GOAT Kobe is an inner circle hall of famer, and I'm so grateful I got to watch him as a kid growing up in the early 2000's and as a young adult at the end of the decade.
    But there are only a few guys at lebron level, Kareem, Jordan, Wilt, and arguably Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    LeBron is one of a small handful of players who you could argue is the GOAT Kobe is an inner circle hall of famer, and I'm so grateful I got to watch him as a kid growing up in the early 2000's and as a young adult at the end of the decade.
    But there are only a few guys at lebron level, Kareem, Jordan, Wilt, and arguably Magic.

LeBron is a legend but I'm going with Kobe on this one. Both are in my top 5 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    LeBron is a legend but I'm going with Kobe on this one. Both are in my top 5 for sure.

i wonder who this is

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

i wonder who this is
    Whatever happened to flashbolt? I liked him for the most part

From the studying of PER Iíve done here are the takeaways.

More shots and more makes will get you a higher PER
    So 10/20 > 5/10 > 1/2. You get more credit for shooting the same pct over a longer period of time...which makes sense. Anyone can go 1/2.

Efficiency is big

30 Pts on 15 shots > 30 Pts on 20 shots. Itís not the passing that raises PER, but itís more about missed shots lowering PER

Thus

The players with the greatest combination of productivity and efficiency get the highest PER scores

i wonder who this is
    Don't worry, I'm not BigMoves. And Kobe was always better

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not BigMoves. And Kobe was always better

i can respect making a new account to agree with yourself when nobody else will.. its fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    From the studying of PER Iíve done here are the takeaways.

More shots and more makes will get you a higher PER
    So 10/20 > 5/10 > 1/2. You get more credit for shooting the same pct over a longer period of time...which makes sense. Anyone can go 1/2.

Efficiency is big

30 Pts on 15 shots > 30 Pts on 20 shots. Itís not the passing that raises PER, but itís more about missed shots lowering PER

Thus

The players with the greatest combination of productivity and efficiency get the highest PER scores
    Efficiency is massive.

i can respect making a new account to agree with yourself when nobody else will.. its fantastic.
    Lol you're a funny guy but there are millions of people who would agree with me in that both guys are certainly top 5 and that Kobe is also better than LeBron.