Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 247 of 549 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 8229
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    this is where maybe my definition of stack may be different than yours. All those Players on Dallas were solid vets. Were they Lebron no. But they formed deeper team than Heat. meaning they were stacked
    Fair enough. I consider a stacked team to be a team that has a deep reserve of exceptionally talented players. The 80s Celtics for example had many HOF players and many of them were in their primes or not to far removed from it. Same with the 80s lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Do you mean before KD? You left out Barnes and before KD, Iggy was still an all-star caliber player. So then you would have Pippen and Klay (slight edge to Pippen), Draymond and Rodman wash out. Barnes and Kukoc (basically a wash), but that version of Iggy >> Harper and the rest of the bench favors the warriors. But, on top of that, I wouldnt consider the pre KD warriors to be super stacked
    basically if one fall on the fence they both do. Kerr Harper, Grant, Dennis, BJ etc. was very instrumental even if MJ was the main guy.

Fair enough. I consider a stacked team to be a team that has a deep reserve of exceptionally talented players. The 80s Celtics for example had many HOF players and many of them were in their primes or not to far removed from it. Same with the 80s lakers.
    Ok but Before Iggy there was Harper, Before Klay there was Pippen before Curry there was MJ, Before Green there was Dennis or even Horace Grant
    Last edited by ldawg; 04-23-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Same goes before Lebron there was Magic, before Bosh Kareem before wade James.

So not because Heat was formed the way it was made them overall anymore talented than 90% of the championship teams over the years. In nba 30 + 30 dont equal 60. So while MJ boast he would have never played in LA he was simply in a different era. I am sure he wish he never played Baseball, Played for Wizards, Drafted Kwame etc to. I also read somewhere Magic was almost traded to New York.
    Last edited by ldawg; 04-23-2020 at 10:59 PM.

LeBron is better than Kobe for sure, but MJ is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    LeBron is better than Kobe for sure, but MJ is the GOAT
    i have 0 issues with this... i will say 2 things... i dont think MJ would be able to beat the warriors like lebron did but i dont think MJ would have ever lost to the mavs like lebron did.

Kobe and James are both top 5 players all time all the best player

lol Kobe is like, 15th all time.

You've obviously forgotten that this is patently false about kobe being in a better position...but I won't continue debating this until the season is over (since the first 100-plus pages of this thread was me making this argument; whether you agree with that or not, don't try to push that bs past me like it's something we agree with, because I 100% disagree with that nonsense). I simply came back to address that absurd comment by that dude, which not one of you except for IKH said a damn thing about. You had no issue letting some crazy poster put Dumars and Penny ahead of Kobe, but are quick to defend LBJ, even when I havent posted anything since returning to this thread about Kobe vs. LBJ.

Where's your laker spirit bro? Any loyalty at all? The dude picks Dumars over kobe and you don't make a peep...it speaks volumes dude.
    I really thought that once he said Dumars, most probably didnít even think it was worth responding to. I almost didnít say anything because the bias was so strong. I think most people just passed over it to more debatable conversation.

Pippen is a top 50 player because of his accomplishments. There's several top 50 players who weren't superstars. James Worthy is top 50 and he wasn't a superstar. Same with Joe Dumars and probably a long list of guys who are on a similar level as Kyrie actually. It's not even clear Pippen is still a top 50 player (he might, but that needs to be re-examined) and when did I say that Kyrie was a superstar? I said that he might end up being ranked ahead of Pippen once he retires and that an argument could be made that he was better (I never even said that he was better). Rodman surely wasn't a superstar. I have no idea where you're getting that from. They had a big 2 with decent depth and they didn't even have Rodman in the first 3-peat.
    The huge difference is that Pippen makes every team better and everyone around him better and makes it way harder for the other team to put the ball in the hole. Where as Kyrie makes his team worse, makes every player around him worse and makes it easier for the other team to put the ball in the hole.

LBJ easily had better talent than MJ dude. I don't know why you're only restricting to the Cavs. Sure we can debate wether Love and Kyrie were better than Pippen, but there's really no need. Wade was better than Pippen and Bosh was considerably better than any 3rd option MJ ever had. In fact, the version of Ray Allen with the heat was miles better than any 3rd option MJ ever had (at least offensively). Here's the thing, it's widely recognized that LBJ has had a ton of help. More so than any player in the history of the league. Those bulls teams however were not thought to be stacked. They were basically average players outside of MJ and Pippen. Rodman was a beast on the boards and defense, but he sucked offensively. That was a great team that fit together well. That was NOT a super talented team. Massive difference. The bulls were never considered a super team, that term wasn't even mentioned regularly until LBJ artificially formed the heat. There's a reason for that because that team had an incredible level of talent that really no team has had since probably the 80s when teams were more stacked as a whole because there were fewer teams in the league.
    Iíd agree if Bron was able to play with rookie wade till the time he was 30 like Mike got with Scottie. Had Wade and Bron been able to build chemistry and play together from the jump and have 8 straight years of there athletic primes together, then Iíd agree. But WAde was a year removed from his prime in his first season with Bron.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iíd agree if Bron was able to play with rookie wade till the time he was 30 like Mike got with Scottie. Had Wade and Bron been able to build chemistry and play together from the jump and have 8 straight years of there athletic primes together, then Iíd agree. But WAde was a year removed from his prime in his first season with Bron.
    If Lebron and Wade played together from the jump no question they would have more than two rings together. If Lebron was drafted in a better situation and played with Duncan and pop he wins more than 3 rings.