Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 514 of 549 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 8229
  1. #7696
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,979
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Dude i dont need know one to argue with me lol i watch the games lol. What if two people agree that then confirm correct. Agree or not Lebron is an effective post player lol, he is also capable shooter and a capable ball handler and passer. How can he not be effective when he does it night in and night out? I now understand why you always said Lebron just learn to play the right way. If you take a ton of fade away shoot you will also miss a ton. Is this not my arguement why i think Lebron is better overall? My dude the same way Lebron became Lakers main point guard he played point foward on Cavs making plays from the post. How is he not an effective post player? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinqVE0yp4M

    The Heat played James in the post often during his final three years in Miami and won two championships that way. I wonder why both Cavs and Miami played Lobron at PF and in the post when not on fast break if hes not an effective post player?

    I think your right you should give up because all i saw is excuse. Missing a year and not starting as a rookie has nothing to do with the number of shots you take. If your on the bench and not playing your not shooting a make and a miss shot will not be tally. Is kobe the only ex star to keep playing and not be a superstar? this is not a Lebron vs kobe tally this is league wide tally. But i did say he came in young and its over a career.
    WHAT PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??? Seriously, what part of what I have said is not clear? It's not that he can't make those shots from time to time, it's that he's not skilled enough to make them consistently. Being effective and being skilled are two completely different things. Can LBJ be an effective scorer? Of course, he's been an effective scorer his entire career. Can he do it the way kobe did, absolutely not. Those are not skills that he is adept enough at to do that. You have guys telling you who have watched LBJ play his entire career. You're clearly incapable of evaluating talent if you think otherwise.

    You're also now lying. LBJ doesn't do that sort of thing night in and night out, How many up and unders did he have in this game? How many turnaround, fall-away jumpers did he hit? How many face up, jab steps, fake left hard dribble right quick pull up 19 footers did he hit? He will on occasion do something like this, but it's very far from the norm. if he's playing like Kobe, this is something that he's doing on a ton of possessions, not once or twice a game. Again, you simply don't understand what you're watching.

    You have absolutely no leg to stand on here. By your logic, Russell Westbrook can play like Steph Curry because he can sometimes hit a pull 3s from long distance. Dirk can play like Magic because there's been times when he's led the break and thrown a nice no-look pass. What you're saying is absolutely outlandish. The fact that you don't realize it indicates that you don't understand what you are watching. This is why you wanted Beasley, and Young, and Smith, and Waiters. You just don't seem to be able to evaluate talent and don't understand what you are watching. This is the only logical conclusion to explain how someone who would think LBJ can play like Kobe. Just like Shaq can't play like Hakeem, LBJ cannot play like Kobe. You're a doofus for even giving this serious thought.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 10-01-2020 at 01:13 AM.

  2. #7697
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    WHAT PART DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND??? Seriously, what part of what I have said is not clear? It's not that he can't make those shots from time to time, it's that he's not skilled enough to make them consistently. Being effective and being skilled are two completely different things. Can LBJ be an effective scorer? Of course, he's been an effective scorer his entire career. Can he do it the way kobe did, absolutely not. Those are not skills that he is adept enough at to do that. You have guys telling you who have watched LBJ play his entire career. You're clearly incapable of evaluating talent if you think otherwise.

    You have absolutely no leg to stand on here. By your logic, Russell Westbrook can play like Steph Curry because he can sometimes hit a pull 3s from long distance. Dirk can play like Magic because there's been times when he's led the break and thrown a nice no-look pass. What you're saying is absolutely outlandish. The fact that you don't realize it indicates that you don't understand what you are watching. This is why you wanted Beasley, and Young, and Smith, and Waiters. You just suck at evaluating talent and don't understand what you are watching. This is the only logical conclusion from someone who would think LBJ can play like Kobe. Just like Shaq can't play like Hakeem, LBJ cannot play like Kobe. You're a doofus for even giving this serious thought.
    You have a habit of trying arguing facts. Lebron is an effective post player. that is a fact. Is he better at driving to the lane yes that is also a fact. Maybe your the one not getting what i am saying. It have a reason why some people put Lebron ahead of kobe and what you are arguing is one of the reasons. Lebron took better shots with less degree of difficuilty not because he cant shoot it because it have a better shot. Did it have a point when he did not like taking those shots yes but he changed that years ago. Thats like Lonzo trying to pass everything and not take the open shot. I agee Kobe and Lebron is different i always said these two players are not the same. When i say Lebron can play like Kobe its simple not that he will look like kobe like kobe did to MJ. I mean he can look to shoot more. To that you respond he cant play like kobe and dont have the moves and footwork. To that you are wrong he plays in the post and he is an effective post player and displayed hes not just this guy that drives to the lane. The same way Kobe wont post Duncan Leron will not post Joel but he sure will post Green and be an effective post player. Joel he will face him up and try to go around. To say lebron wont be effective in the post when he did it is not a true statment. Its not ike i am saying Shaq trying to be a guard. Your taking about a player that played 4 positions effectively.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-01-2020 at 01:34 AM.

  3. #7698
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,979
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    You have a habit of trying arguing facts. Lebron is an effective post player. that is a fact. Is he better at driving to the lane yes that is also a fact. Maybe your the one not getting what i am saying. It have a reason why some people put Lebron ahead of kobe and what you are arguing is one of the reasons. Lebron took better shots with less degree of difficuilty not because he cant shoot it because it have a better shot. Did it have a point when he did not like taking those shots yes but he changed that years ago. Thats like Lonzo trying to pass everything and not take the open shot. I agee Kobe and Lebron is different i always said these two players are not the same. When i say Lebron can play like Kobe its simple not that he will look like kobe like kobe did to MJ. I mean he can look to shoot more. To that you respond he cant play like kobe and dont have the moves and footwork. To that you are wrong he plays in the post and he is an effective post player and displayed hes not just this guy that drives to the lane. The same way Kobe wont post Duncan Leron will not post Joel but he sure will post Green and be an effective post player. Joel he will face him up and try to go around. To say lebron wont be effective in the post when he did it is not a true statment. Its not ike i am saying Shaq trying to be a guard. Your taking about a player that played 4 positions effectively.
    First of all, saying that LBJ is an effective post player is a bit of a stretch given that he hardly ever does it. Can he be an effective post player? Sure, which is why if he developed that part of his game more he would be all the more effective. However, that's not what you're arguing. You're saying that LBJ can play just like kobe and be just as effective playing like that. That's an insane idea. He can't do that anymore than Westbrook could play like Curry or Lilard. You are saying that LBJ can play like kobe. That's simply not true and ignoring all of the obvious reasons why, we've never ever seen any kind of sustained or consistent play in which LBJ played like that effectively. Like others have already stated, he can do it in spurts from time to time, but that's not his strength and he wouldnt be an elite player if he played like that.

    If you just mean that he can take more shots, then sure of course he can do that, not sure why that matters though, every player can take more shots. No one ever said that LBJ wasnt an effective scorer or that he couldn't be an effective scorer so it's unclear why anyone would even make this point.

  4. #7699
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    ok your not bigmoves. Why Kobe over Lebron?
    I find Kobe to be the more skilled player and better defensively as well. A more polished product that was absolutely deadly unlike noone I've ever seen this side of MJ.

    Has also arguably done more with less(08-10 he was nothing short of legendary).

  5. #7700
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    First of all, saying that LBJ is an effective post player is a bit of a stretch given that he hardly ever does it. Can he be an effective post player? Sure, which is why if he developed that part of his game more he would be all the more effective. However, that's not what you're arguing. You're saying that LBJ can play just like kobe and be just as effective playing like that. That's an insane idea. He can't do that anymore than Westbrook could play like Curry or Lilard. You are saying that LBJ can play like kobe. That's simply not true and ignoring all of the obvious reasons why, we've never ever seen any kind of sustained or consistent play in which LBJ played like that effectively. Like others have already stated, he can do it in spurts from time to time, but that's not his strength and he wouldnt be an elite player if he played like that.

    If you just mean that he can take more shots, then sure of course he can do that, not sure why that matters though, every player can take more shots. No one ever said that LBJ wasnt an effective scorer or that he couldn't be an effective scorer so it's unclear why anyone would even make this point.
    The fact that you think Lebron hardly post explain your stance. It falls in line that he just learned how to play the right way. Something hes been doing for years now will not all of a sudden make him more effective. He already does. Pretty or not its good enough to suck in the D and post up the smaller player. Will he do it on every Play? no it have a reason those are marked as low percentage shots. Last season he was Lakers only option on post plays.

  6. #7701
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    First of all, saying that LBJ is an effective post player is a bit of a stretch given that he hardly ever does it. Can he be an effective post player? Sure, which is why if he developed that part of his game more he would be all the more effective. However, that's not what you're arguing. You're saying that LBJ can play just like kobe and be just as effective playing like that. That's an insane idea. He can't do that anymore than Westbrook could play like Curry or Lilard. You are saying that LBJ can play like kobe. That's simply not true and ignoring all of the obvious reasons why, we've never ever seen any kind of sustained or consistent play in which LBJ played like that effectively. Like others have already stated, he can do it in spurts from time to time, but that's not his strength and he wouldnt be an elite player if he played like that.

    If you just mean that he can take more shots, then sure of course he can do that, not sure why that matters though, every player can take more shots. No one ever said that LBJ wasnt an effective scorer or that he couldn't be an effective scorer so it's unclear why anyone would even make this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    I find Kobe to be the more skilled player and better defensively as well. A more polished product that was absolutely deadly unlike noone I've ever seen this side of MJ.

    Has also arguably done more with less(08-10 he was nothing short of legendary).


    i cant... its so good. lmfao

  7. #7702
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Kobe is the best 1 vs 1 player I saw and in a 1vs1 I am going with Kobe unless Lebron just over power him. So by no means I am saying Lebron can be Kobe. Stated many times Kobe is the better sg Lebron cannot Match him at sg. Overall player yes even Kobe admit that itís Lebron himself. When I say Lebron can play like Kobe maybe my choice of words might be the issue. I simply mean he can look to score more. Will he be as good as Kobe no. However he will still be effective.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-01-2020 at 10:36 AM.

  8. #7703
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,979
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    The fact that you think Lebron hardly post explain your stance. It falls in line that he just learned how to play the right way. Something hes been doing for years now will not all of a sudden make him more effective. He already does. Pretty or not its good enough to suck in the D and post up the smaller player. Will he do it on every Play? no it have a reason those are marked as low percentage shots. Last season he was Lakers only option on post plays.
    He can be effective out of the post, he just doesn't post up very often. Shots out of the post are also not necessarily low percentage, it depends who is taking them.

  9. #7704
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,979
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Kobe is the best 1 vs 1 player I saw and in a 1vs1 I am going with Kobe unless Lebron just over power him. So by no means I am saying Lebron can be Kobe. Stated many times Kobe is the better sg Lebron cannot Match him at sg. Overall player yes even Kobe admit that itís Lebron himself. When I say Lebron can play like Kobe maybe my choice of words might be the issue. I simply mean he can look to score more. Will he be as good as Kobe no. However he will still be effective.
    Yes, it was your choice of words. Sure, LBJ can score more and still be effective. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

  10. #7705
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,979
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post


    i cant... its so good. lmfao
    Another troll post. There should be some kind of rule where you specifically are only allowed like 1-2 of these types of posts per day. It would basically eliminate 99.9% of your posts.

  11. #7706
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    He can be effective out of the post, he just doesn't post up very often. Shots out of the post are also not necessarily low percentage, it depends who is taking them.
    He donít much because nobody does like they once did. When Lebron post he either turn for a one leg fade or back his man under the basket. He is an effective post player. But just like he plays on the top of the key he does the same in the post he is always looking for the better shot or that man cutting unless the guy is smaller. So he is less likely to take a tough jumper.

  12. #7707
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,979
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    He donít much because nobody does like they once did. When Lebron post he either turn for a one leg fade or back his man under the basket. He is an effective post player. But just like he plays on the top of the key he does the same in the post he is always looking for the better shot or that man cutting unless the guy is smaller. So he is less likely to take a tough jumper.
    He can be effective out of the post, but I wouldn't say he's anywhere nearly as effective as he could be if he really committed to developing his post game.

  13. #7708
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Is he the greatest post player of all time no not even close. Among the players today where would you rank him. Top 10 or bottom 30 way way behind Davis and the best player in the nba kawhi
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-01-2020 at 01:56 PM.

  14. #7709
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,043
    Where would you rank mini mamba Westbrook among guards that can post? The one that nothing like kobe.

  15. #7710
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,110
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Is he the greatest post player of all time no not even close. Among the players today where would you rank him. Top 10 or bottom 30 way way behind Davis and the best player in the nba kawhi
    I'd say he's elite down low. He just doesn't stick with it.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •