Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 366 of 451 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 6764
  1. #5476
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    yeah, I agree with that, but each time he goes to go play with those new guys, it's a new opportunity that he gets while still in his prime. My main point was that no other superstar has had this many opportunities to just reset and go with a new cast of stars once those guys are no longer elite players and he's done this for most of his prime. It's for that reason that I hold him to a higher standard of winning than I would other superstars.
    More drivel. Kobe had two chances and won 5 rings but he wasn’t in his prime with a guy who was and is a Top Ten all timer. You’ve admitted Kobe wasn’t in his prime with Shaq but those rings count the same as any of Lebron’s? Give me a goddamn break, kid.

    Lebron made the Finals with scrubs, then a few years later made 8 straight with two different teams playing aside only one other “superstar” (for only a few seasons as a legit “superstar”, mind you) and came up against that insane Warriors team (oh that’s right, they were no big deal). You keep contradicting yourself. Stop shitposting. Be a man and admit that you’re wrong because you’re a homer that feels somehow vindicated when good things get said about your crush.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 05-27-2020 at 12:48 AM.

  2. #5477
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    More drivel. Kobe had two chances and won 5 rings but he wasn’t in his prime with a guy who was and is a Top Ten all timer. You’ve admitted Kobe wasn’t in his prime with Shaq but those rings count the same as any of Lebron’s? Gene me a goddamn break, kid.

    Lebron made the Finals with scrubs, then a few years later made 8 straight with two different teams playing aside only one other “superstar” (for only a few seasons as a legit “superstar”, mind you) and came up against that insane Warriors team (oh that’s right, they were no big deal). You keep contradicting yourself. Stop shitposting. Be a man and admit that you’re wrong because you’re a homer that feels somehow vindicated when good things get said about your crush.
    Kobe won a ring playing way worse than LeBron ever did in an NBA Finals by far but I guess those rings will be more important than any of LeBron's because Kobe stuck it out with the Lakers (even though he wanted to be traded).

  3. #5478
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,805
    Long story short.

    Lebron and Kobe gave us great basketball and Lebron is still carrying the torch.

  4. #5479
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    If you have a legitimate position, you won't get attacked by the masses. if you're a massive troll who has weak arguments and consistently pumps out terrible positions such as saying that Bosh>Duncan during the early 2010's, then you should be attacked for your garbage takes.

    This isn't about you. It's your terrible takes. If you can't handle people 'attacking' you because your takes are garbage, then go find the IHateLeBronJames.com forums and you can find those who will agree with you there.
    So far, everyone who doesn't pick LBJ in this thread has been deemed a hater lol. It also doesn't bother me. The point came up because it was said that most people on this thread pick LBJ. My response was that this because you guys attack anyone who doesn't so most dont take this place seriously and just avoid coming on here

  5. #5480
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Kobe entered the beginning of his prime in maybe in 03, once shaq was past his prime. Yes, LBJ likely did make the finals before he entered his prime...funny how you fail to acknowledge how bad the east was lol. Yes, kobe missed the playoffs, when the team had a ton of injuries and he himself missed a good chunk of games and played through most of the season hurt. No, I'm not going to hold it against kobe that he basically took a team from scratch and was the centerpiece of a rebuild in about 3 years time, in which they were an elite contender. That's actually quite an accomplishment for kobe. He didn't just up and leave and join up with a team that was already pretty stacked.
    No, he just cried that he’d force a trade if they didn’t get him help quicker. Maybe that was a bluff, too.

  6. #5481
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    More drivel. Kobe had two chances and won 5 rings but he wasn’t in his prime with a guy who was and is a Top Ten all timer. You’ve admitted Kobe wasn’t in his prime with Shaq but those rings count the same as any of Lebron’s? Gene me a goddamn break, kid.

    Lebron made the Finals with scrubs, then a few years later made 8 straight with two different teams playing aside only one other “superstar” (for only a few seasons as a legit “superstar”, mind you) and came up against that insane Warriors team (oh that’s right, they were no big deal). You keep contradicting yourself. Stop shitposting. Be a man and admit that you’re wrong because you’re a homer that feels somehow vindicated when good things get said about your crush.
    You're a joke dude. The east was a joke and making the finals 8 times in the east is a laughable accomplishment. Many of those LBJ teams wouldnt make it past the 2nd round in west and would struggle to get out of the first round. You also struggle mightily with reading comprehension. I suspect this was evident in school

  7. #5482
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No, he just cried that he’d force a trade if they didn’t get him help quicker. Maybe that was a bluff, too.
    Yeah, the classier thing to do is go jump from one team to another every 3-4 years

  8. #5483
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    So far, everyone who doesn't pick LBJ in this thread has been deemed a hater lol. It also doesn't bother me. The point came up because it was said that most people on this thread pick LBJ. My response was that this because you guys attack anyone who doesn't so most dont take this place seriously and just avoid coming on here
    Do you see the dilemma here? We have fans across all teams saying you have garbage takes. When will you realize that you just simply hold LeBron to a higher standard than you do for others? That seems to be the big disconnect here. You having LeBron as a top 8 player is fine with me. My problem is you have poor reasoning but continue to push yourself further down a hole by making absurd claims such as stating that Bosh in 2011-2014 was better than Duncan despite having no particular positive evidence supporting your claim. Is it us who are attacking you? Because so far, all I've read from you is that we're victimizing you. We aren't. You seem to be doing that to yourself by making absurd statements.

  9. #5484
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Anyone who's been on this thread knows that what I said is accurate about posters being attacked for dissenting positions. I dont have to prove it. If you dont believe go look for it yourself. Others have backed this up. If you have doubts you have access to the thread just like I do.
    I have t seen anyone back it up. More proof for you to provide. I have seen others ask for these names but you keep deflecting responsibility for your own words.

    The onus is on you.

  10. #5485
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I have t seen anyone back it up. More proof for you to provide. I have seen others ask for these names but you keep deflecting responsibility for your own words.

    The onus is on you.
    I could care less what you have and haven't seen. You struggle to comprehend what you read so im not surprised that you haven't seen this

  11. #5486
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,973
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Do you see the dilemma here? We have fans across all teams saying you have garbage takes. When will you realize that you just simply hold LeBron to a higher standard than you do for others? That seems to be the big disconnect here. You having LeBron as a top 8 player is fine with me. My problem is you have poor reasoning but continue to push yourself further down a hole by making absurd claims such as stating that Bosh in 2011-2014 was better than Duncan despite having no particular positive evidence supporting your claim. Is it us who are attacking you? Because so far, all I've read from you is that we're victimizing you. We aren't. You seem to be doing that to yourself by making absurd statements.
    There are plenty of posters who have come on and agreed with me. Again, I was pointing out what this thread does in general to dissenting opinions. I'll explain it again slowly: this point came up in response to a different comment. I'll tell you what the absurd comment was. You arguing that the heat were better off without bosh. That's a laughable claim.

  12. #5487
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    So far, everyone who doesn't pick LBJ in this thread has been deemed a hater lol. It also doesn't bother me. The point came up because it was said that most people on this thread pick LBJ. My response was that this because you guys attack anyone who doesn't so most dont take this place seriously and just avoid coming on here
    When you are wrong and can’t accept it and go to great lengths that are incredibly dumb to try to further your biased agenda then yes, hatred for the other guy is the only discernible reason left. We’re just judging all of this based on your own (usually terrible) Lebron versus Kobe takes.

  13. #5488
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Jordan was still very dominant similar to Lebron and Lebron has always gotten teammates involved within what their team was doing (in fact he gets criticized plenty for not being aggressive enough scoring wise at times). He didn't have Phil Jackson of course either. MJ lead the league in usage more than Lebron did both RS and playoffs as well, they both need to also get others involved sure but you don't go away from your star for other peoples stats when you know what is the best option here.

    I apologize and I mentioned again there but as you did say it in what I quoted. Of course people are forced to adjust to Lebron, he is the best player in the league and it benefits the team as the whole given that obvious aspect. When it came to guys like Jordan/Duncan and so on they often had guys who fit being provided from their team. I agree Lebron over does it talent wise but he also wasn't put in great situations. I don't love GM Lebron but we are talking about his overall ability here and specific titles and so on not questioning who to blame that he didn't get Pippen/Phil and so on to start.

    I think people didn't want the suspension but that doesn't mean we ignore everything that actually happened either. I bet most didn't want Klove injured. The year before Klove/Kyrie. This stuff always happens but we never ignore what actually happened on the court, unless we have an agenda to do so.

    Alright we just disagree about handing out asterisks for things we didn't like/injuries and so on. I know some who do so with Lakers rings, KG injury and the Kings stuff and so on. I just don't do it or think it makes sense.
    LeBron was never close to the level of dominance Jordan had over the NBA. Statistically, he was very close, but that's literally it. Jordan dominated in winning. He was a much greater defender and one of the best of his era while playing the best offense at the other end. He did this for nearly his whole career less the Wizards years of course. LeBron has only done this one year in 2013. Dishing out to jump shooters and three point shooters to pad your assisting stats, does not mean you are necessarily better at getting others involved. LeBron will make you better if you are a journey man three and D guy, but if you are a Chris Bosh or Kevin Love, watch out.

    Since 2010, LeBron has been in very ideal situations. The true greats do what it takes to win. They do not say, since I am the best in the league (or at least believe myself to be so) therefore you all need to fall into line. Jordan learned the triangle system at the behest of Phil Jackson and learned how to get his teammates more involved. Just passing to outside shooters in not getting them involved btw; Letting them have real responsibilities and playmakimg ability is. I honestly believe that Phil would demand him to play in a real system and therefore his stats would go down. His stats are the only thing he has close to compare himself to Jordan. Because of this, I believe that LeBron would likely run Phil off. He have already seen what he has done to coaches when they try to make him conform to a real system.

    Injuries are decided by the basketball gods. League mandates are not. Would you put an asterisk on Kawhi's most recent ring?

    All titles are not created equal and should not be treated as such for many various reasons. We must look at how much help the player had in respect to their competition. A person's greatness is judged on the level of trials and tribulations they faced in the form of their adversaries and whether or not they came out on top. The greater the trial or opponent you overcame, the greater your legacy will be. Hercules would not be the Greek legend he is if he had not completed his 12 labors.

  14. #5489
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    I've noticed that this big_moves03 guy is getting nastier and his comments become more trollish as every page passes. this dude must be getting emotional. I mean, take a break and go call your girlfriend, parents, or something... we get it, you hate LeBron but stop torturing everyone with these garbage takes. Thank you

  15. #5490
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Yeah, the classier thing to do is go jump from one team to another every 3-4 years
    Totally lol. Kevin Durant definitely had the weakest move for a superstar in NBA history when he went to Golden State. Who do you think he took that title from? Hmmm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •