Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 512 of 549 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 8229
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    If you mean can LBJ score more points by taking more shots, yes of course he can do that...literally every player who has ever played can do that. However, that is a far different from being able to play like Kobe. Your boys Nick young. Michael Beasley, Dion Waiters, and J.R. Smith can also score more points by taking more shots, but they'd be as close to playing more like kobe than LBJ would. If you want to say that LBJ can score more by shooting more than cool (although he already shoots more than kobe did for his career so not really sure how much more volume you want LBJ to take). However, please don't mistake that for him playing like Kobe. Those are two very different things and it's pretty clear that LBJ could not play anything like kobe and still be an effective player, let alone elite.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...ga_yearly.html Lebron never lead the league in FGA in any season his entire career. In terms of where he scores the ball he can do it. Same way Kobe learned a dream shake not mimic Lebron can to, pump fake duck under etc. But he have Davis in the paint and plays point so no need.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-30-2020 at 11:09 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsAHFzqxs0o vs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJtGSe7xrG8 not as pretty lol but still effective https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ErmRVndzqQ

can even do the dunk at age 35. once again not as sexy but hey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw31hnsbbiQ

I guess what i am saying is Kobe skills over lebron is not so massive to give him an clear cut advantage over Lebron size strength and athletic ability. Sure Kobe put in lots of work to becoming maybe the most skilled guard ever but Lebron did not exactly just sat around the house and sip wine. Both these guys put in hours and hours of work. Its very clear that both players picked up skills as they got more experienced and age.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-30-2020 at 11:39 AM.

This is a pretty cowardly post dude and it's frankly disrespectful to me. Why would I need to create a dupe??? That's super weak on your part. I'm not surprised from MTM, but I did expect a little better from you.
    dude if its not you dont worry about it. Its just strange the joined date.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...ga_yearly.html Lebron never lead the league in FGA in any season his entire career. In terms of where he scores the ball he can do it. Same way Kobe learned a dream shake not mimic Lebron can to, pump fake duck under etc. But he have Davis in the paint and plays point so no need.
    I'm not saying that LBJ can't learn those skills, but you're talking as if on any given night LBJ can go into Kobe mode and pull that off and that's just unrealistic. It also took kobe years on working on this stuff. He didnt just one day decide "oh, I know, I'll start playing this more skilled game". He was always super skilled and had been working on that part of his game since before he entered the league. That's my entire point, is that it's not something you can just develop over night, it takes a ton of time to get it down (years worth of training on it) and that's why I don't think LBJ can just go into kobe mode, especially at this stage in his career. Sure he can develop some extra moves and work on them, but it would take an entire career's worth of training to be as effective with those moves as kobe, because that's how long it took him to get them down.

dude if its not you dont worry about it. Its just strange the joined date.
    It's not me. It's simply someone else who thinks Kobe is better than LBJ. Not everyone with that position is me lol

Dupe accounts are a Tredigs move. Disagree with BigMoves or not, call him out for his hypocrisy, mock him for following you into different threads just to troll you, get on to him for debating in bad faith, point out how he uses/misuses stats based on his agenda, notice how he cherry picks data, laugh at his blatant homerism and refusal to admit that thatís a major reason why his reasoning is flawed........but nah, heís not duping into this thread.

I hate to compliment his tenacity because itís all based on basically him being a homer but heís not running away and he doesnít seem like the kind of guy to petty things up to the level of some of these dopes around here who revert to duplicate account making. Win or lose, heís going to go down with the Kobe ship.

Haha, go down. How apropos.

I'm not saying that LBJ can't learn those skills, but you're talking as if on any given night LBJ can go into Kobe mode and pull that off and that's just unrealistic. It also took kobe years on working on this stuff. He didnt just one day decide "oh, I know, I'll start playing this more skilled game". He was always super skilled and had been working on that part of his game since before he entered the league. That's my entire point, is that it's not something you can just develop over night, it takes a ton of time to get it down (years worth of training on it) and that's why I don't think LBJ can just go into kobe mode, especially at this stage in his career. Sure he can develop some extra moves and work on them, but it would take an entire career's worth of training to be as effective with those moves as kobe, because that's how long it took him to get them down.
    Not that cant learn he got most of them already. Yes i think he can on any given night he can go into a kobe mode. Again however it wont look the same since hes not a finess player. But he can approch the game looking to score.

I'm not BigMoves lol. You guys are hilarious

It's not me. It's simply someone else who thinks Kobe is better than LBJ. Not everyone with that position is me lol
    Did not say everyone will agree remember. I i said it will depend on ones personal criteria, age, emotion team, etc which player they will attach to. You can win with either player that have been already proven. You cant win with Lebron style of play, its the East, he just learned to play the right way have all been proven fauts lalready no use arguing that. Who got more rings? kobe. Who team dominated the playoffs? Kobe. Which player 3 peated? Kobe. who got more mvp? Lebron. who is more an all around player? Lebron. who got better stats? Lebron. Who took 5 coaches to finals? Lebron. Who took 3 completely different teams to Finals? Lebron. Who can shoulder a sorry team without a shooting contest? Lebron. It just all depends to what ones value. Top 5 will be different for everyone But 50 years from now when one look in the history books and who records they will have to broke will set the standard.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-30-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Kobe vs. LeBron baby?!?! Who you got?!?

Warms my heart popping my head in here once a year and seeing nothing has changed!
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    I'm not BigMoves lol. You guys are hilarious
    ok your not bigmoves. Why Kobe over Lebron?

Did not say everyone will agree remember. I i said it will depend on ones personal criteria, age, emotion team, etc which player they will attach to. You can win with either player that have been already proven. You cant win with Lebron style of play, it the East, he just learned to play the right way have all been proven fauts like 100x already no use arguing that. Who got more rings? kobe. Who team dominated the playoffs? Kobe. Which player 3 peated? Kobe. who got more mvp? Lebron. who is more an all around player? Lebron. who got better stats? Lebron. Who took 5 coaches to finals? Lebron. Who took 3 completely different teams to Finals? Lebron. Who can shoulder a sorry team without a shooting contest? Lebron. It just all depends to what ones value. Top 5 will be different for everyone But 50 years from now when one look in the history books and who records they will have to broke will set the standard.
    I disagree that LBJ is better all-around, but we're not going to agree on that (LBJ isn't a strong enough shooter or skilled enough for me to consider him better all-around than kobe and several other players who might not ever even enter into this discussion). To your point about skills, it's not about learning the moves, it's about perfecting them. I know most of those moves too and do probably most NBA players and many posters on here who play recreationally. The point is that you need to spend so much time and energy to use them effectively and that's what I don't think LBJ can do. It would take him many, many years of practice (likely more years than he has left in his career). That doesnt mean he cant improve his skills in that time, but he's not going to reach the level as the guy who is arguably the most skilled player to ever play.

I disagree that LBJ is better all-around, but we're not going to agree on that (LBJ isn't a strong enough shooter or skilled enough for me to consider him better all-around than kobe and several other players who might not ever even enter into this discussion). To your point about skills, it's not about learning the moves, it's about perfecting them. I know most of those moves too and do probably most NBA players and many posters on here who play recreationally. The point is that you need to spend so much time and energy to use them effectively and that's what I don't think LBJ can do. It would take him many, many years of practice (likely more years than he has left in his career). That doesnt mean he cant improve his skills in that time, but he's not going to reach the level as the guy who is arguably the most skilled player to ever play.
    Again i am not asking to tell me which one looks better doing it. I am telling you he perfected those moves. back to the basket, face to face, jab step, fade, whatever move you want just never saw him pump fake. Lebron i feel deep down is not the better shooter but dude shoots a better percentage from 3 than Kobe while kobe shoots way better from the line. Lebron shot 40% from 3 once kobe tops at 38% Lebron is a 34 on avg while kobe is 33%. in the post season they both sits a 33%. Because of this i just can not call Kobe the better shooter at this point. I think prime Lebron rather drive because he can rather than settle or pull up for a jumper. I think if i pull both players shot shart i would think Kobe will have more attemps in the mid range area. Lebron can shoot it but he is no Curry and neither was Kobe. Lets put it this Way Shaq, Pau, Bynum, Odom got the rebs. when you list the top shooters none of these two players will be on that list. Kobe has a better form he jumps and release but its was a straigt line to the hoop lebron shot is kind of flat footed also not much of a arc.
    Last edited by ldawg; 09-30-2020 at 03:06 PM.

Again i am not asking to tell me which one looks better doing it. I am telling you he perfected those moves. back to the basket, face to face, jab step, fade, whatever move you want just never saw him pump fake. Lebron i feel deep down is not the better shooter but dude shoots a better percentage from 3 than Kobe while kobe shoots way better from the line. Lebron shot 40% from 3 once kobe tops at 38% Lebron is a 34 on avg while kobe is 33%. in the post season they both sits a 33%. Because of this i just can not call Kobe the better shooter at this point. I think prime Lebron rather drive because he can rather than settle or pull up for a jumper. I think if i pull both players shot shart i would think Kobe will have more attemps in the mid range area. Lebron can shoot it but he is no Curry and neither was Kobe. Lets put it this Way Shaq, Pau, Bynum, Odom got the rebs. when you list the top shooters none of these two players will be on that list. Kobe has a better form he jumps and release but its was a straigt line to the hoop lebron shot is flat footed also not much of a arc.
    Kobe's degree of difficulty on those jump shots >>>>>>>>>> LeBron's

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

not from 3 and if you look at Lebron today he is way behind the line.