Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 200 of 549 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 8229
    Quote Originally Posted by comber View Post
    it's true that teams must maximize their best player, but teams could do that with Kobe while playing the best brand of ball (ball movement).. Whereas teams must sacrifice ball movement and brand for Lebron's narrower, on-ball skillset (lesser scoring versatility)
    I hear yah but Kobe got 5 rings in how many seasons playing with shaq who dominated the league. Lebron have 3 in how many seasons. So I am not sure what you mean. Seem like both players won. Itís not like Kobe ate up the league with butler and Odom. I took Phil and another inside present to maximize his talents.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-26-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comber View Post
    Kyrie is an elite jumpshooter and only great shooters excel alongside lebron's ball-dominant skillset.

lebron actually plays mostly your-turn-my-turn with fellow ball-handlers, but there's critical times when it benefits the sidekick to have great spot-up ability like Kyrie.
    for example, we saw the 13' and 14' Finals where the Spurs were coming off Wade to help on LeBron's drives and vice versa, thus forcing them to pass to each other for spot-ups (their perceived weakness).. SB Nation describes this with countless video footage in their legendary article from 2013, seen here:

https://www.sbnation.com/2013/6/19/4...-finals-game-6

bigs like love, bosh, jamison are also turned into spot-up shooters and their value completely reduced from what it would be alongside someone else.. We saw Kobe win rings with a Bosh-level player at 2nd option, while Lebron needed him at #3.

Look at all 6 of LeBron's Finals losses - the opponent wins 3 straight games to close out the series - they figure out LeBron-ball and win the series going away.

Historically, Lebron has always fielded low assist teams. He starts at forward but then becomes a 2nd PG on the floor.. So teammates have less ball-time and assists then they get in normal 1-PG lineups.. Lower teammate assists results in low TEAM assists and a brand that struggles on the championship level, 3/9.. indeed - the common thread in LeBron's last 4 Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists.. ultimately, ball-movement beats ball-dominance and Kobe's superior skillset allows him to get stats while the ball moves
    kyrie was more than a jump shooter and love impact is as low as it gets. When Lebron joined those two what were their playoffs miles? How about David blatt experience in the nba? How about Lue coach experience? What is Kobe record without phill Lakers changing coaches more than they changed socks.
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-26-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Rip one of the greatest of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Is this true Kobe died

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Is this true Kobe died
    Yep. His helicopter crashed. No survivors. 5 dead. His wife and kids were not involved

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This was my favorite nba player I am crushed. As much as I talk Lebron over Kobe. He was my guy I am hoping this is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    This was my favorite nba player I am crushed. As much as I talk Lebron over Kobe. He was my guy I am hoping this is not true.
    Sorry man. I didnít particularly care for some of his style on and off the court but I respected the hell out of him and wished every player I root for had his competitive drive. Iíve often thought that if Lebron had Kobeís will and determination, heíd be the #1 GOAT of any sport ever. Truly terrible news.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yep. His helicopter crashed. No survivors. 5 dead. His wife and kids were not involved

His oldest daughter was aboard. They were on their way to her basketball practice.

Maybe lock the thread as a token of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    No, just lock it because most of you guys are morons

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    No, just lock it because most of you guys are morons

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Whatever happened in the thread already happened, let's just move on from debating about him and give the man his due respect for a little while. It's time to honor him.

This is going to be my last post on psd. RIP Kobe, you did a lot for the game. Be safe and blessed yall, it was good learning from yŗll.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Seconded. How much hate was spewed in this thread over a pointless argument about two all-time great athletes? After something like this, can we just put a moratorium on this ****ing argument for the foreseeable future? Dude was an all-time great and a legend, and it's going to be a long time before Kobe vs. Lebron is going to be a fun debate again. Mods please close this...

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Seconded. How much hate was spewed in this thread over a pointless argument about two all-time great athletes? After something like this, can we just put a moratorium on this ****ing argument for the foreseeable future? Dude was an all-time great and a legend, and it's going to be a long time before Kobe vs. Lebron is going to be a fun debate again. Mods please close this...
    Not sure thats the right course of action, but Iím sure nobody will even care to debate this for the foreseeable future and this thread will just end on its own.

Close it down.

Reopen when Lebron gets his 6th ring...or at least 5.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]