Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Was Moving on from Q the Right Decision?

Blams, you're a great moderator. Just feel like we need more ongoing threads beyond game/contract stuff.

Does anyone else feel like we should kept Q?

I really do like Colliton and feel like he has a future. I just don't think it was the time for him here with this group of players.

In my opinion, the last few years were much more a failure on Bowman's part than Q's. The roster had obvious, glaring flaws. I know it's been 1 game, but I can't imagine our roster this year is better with Colliton as head coach than Quenville.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Blams, you're a great moderator. Just feel like we need more ongoing threads beyond game/contract stuff.

Does anyone else feel like we should kept Q?

I really do like Colliton and feel like he has a future. I just don't think it was the time for him here with this group of players.

In my opinion, the last few years were much more a failure on Bowman's part than Q's. The roster had obvious, glaring flaws. I know it's been 1 game, but I can't imagine our roster this year is better with Colliton as head coach than Quenville.
    I'd prefer we create more threads as long as it's not overkill; trying to stay away from "catch all" threads in an effort to improve participation. I renamed the thread, if you want another name let me know in a pm!

As far as the topic; I think it was time to move on from Q. Its hard to tell though since the talent was dwindling and the roster was aging.

I'll always have an attachment of sorts to players and coaches involved in the run the hawks made and I doubt I'm the only one that thinks that. Makes it difficult to ever want to break any of it up.

Colliton is a huge question mark. I hope he can be our next great coach!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 10-04-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I may be wrong but hockey seems to be a bit of its own beast. Hockey coaches seem to move around and still be great. Sometimes the message just doesn't get through anymore? It seems hockey coaches re tread more than in other leagues? I dunno. Because college hockey isn't prominent maybe I don't see it. Yada yada yada I don't know

Hockey definitely is different for coaching which is why you see coaches run around and be great multiple places. There aren't constant stops of play like other sports. You can't really run new things teams haven't seen very often. It's more about finding a coach who can put a system in players believe in, and choosing the right system. Once you get that, you need the players to execute.

That's why you find established coaches immediately getting hired after getting fired. It's also why I feel firing Q was stupid. The last few years it was obvious Stan failed to put a solid top to bottom lineup together.

0-2.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

No it was not. Bowman should be fired.