Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think the Giants will be fairly happy with Daniel Jones when they put on the tape. Let's face it, this game would have been tough even without Saquon Barkley. But losing Gallman right away has been brutal. We've been a one-dimensional offense since the start, and the defense is getting abused again.

Jones missed a few throws deep today, but many felt forced. The worst was clearly 4th down missing Shepard in the endzone. But Shepard probably should have had 2 other TDs and Engram missed a big one down the seam in the 4th when they were driving to make it a 1 score game. He also keeps the chains moving on 3rd down. Can't overlook how beneficial that will be down the line.

Good teams don't do make the mistakes the Giants do. Minnesota might have won either way, but we didn't help ourselves. Add in that the Vikings actually are a good team and I don't think they'll be unhappy with their rookie QB when the tape is on.

Vikings were able to exploit our lack of nfl ready linebackers. Think they gained like 150 yards on screen passes and these play action shallow ****ing crossing routes, and our linebackers or safeties were nowhere to be found.

Also, why didnít we get a normal rb this week? I donít care how solid Hilliman was this offseason, the guy is not ready. And where was Tate???

Ok, now Iím done whining. Vikings were better team, actually I think theyíve been underperforming over last couple of weeks but when they get going, theyíre a contender to me, so no shame in losing to them

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I loved the effort but to many missed opportunities...the missed TD to Sheppard to start the game....the drive to start the second half....3rd and 2 from the 4 should've been a run with Penny...Penny had some decent runs...play calling was questionable but...give Minny credit for taking care of business.

But, i'd give Penny more touches

The bottom line is and was said by another poster, The Vikings are a better team than our Giants - Case Closed

I still think we would have been competitive in this game if we werenít down Carter, Ogletee and Davis - and if we also didnít lose Gallman. With Gallman they probably score more points on those long drives and arenít exposing Jones to a D locked in only on the pass game.

But the LB crew was paper thin with the injuries and the Vikings appropriately attacked right over the middle in every which way.

We need to get some LB help. But with a short week and the Pats looming I doubt they do much.

We are in for a rough Thursday night.

Might wanna start Eli to at least elicit some PTSD from Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

D still shaky. Pats are gonna murder us this year.

Jones was fine. A few missed opportunities but his passing is very very accurate and heís willing to go deep. Just needs to learn the reads better and Eli can help him along.

Vikes defense just had a great day. Despite the flags their DBs looked really good. Rhodes had an incredible day. Wonít show up in stats but almost everyone he covered was locked down and Jones had to go elsewhere. Really impressive.

Their front 7 beat us down a little making for a rough 2nd half. Impressed at how well Jones handles pressure.

Surely would have been a different game with Barkley. Or any decent RB really. They had zero fear of the run or checkdown. It was sad.

Also, we are trying to compete to win while building a very young team.

Can we see more of Darien Love instead of Bethea please? Really looking forward to him and Peppers locking down safety. Also want to see more of Ballentine on D. Dude is a gamer.

These are all very talented kids. Let them play and learn together.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Jones was fine. A few missed opportunities but his passing is very very accurate and heís willing to go deep. Just needs to learn the reads better and Eli can help him along.

Vikes defense just had a great day. Despite the flags their DBs looked really good. Rhodes had an incredible day. Wonít show up in stats but almost everyone he covered was locked down and Jones had to go elsewhere. Really impressive.

Their front 7 beat us down a little making for a rough 2nd half. Impressed at how well Jones handles pressure.

Surely would have been a different game with Barkley. Or any decent RB really. They had zero fear of the run or checkdown. It was sad.

Welll Rhodes got BURNT twice by slayton 🤔. Got lucky he had help the second time. Iím really impressed with slayton
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Also, we are trying to compete to win while building a very young team.

Can we see more of Darien Love instead of Bethea please? Really looking forward to him and Peppers locking down safety. Also want to see more of Ballentine on D. Dude is a gamer.

These are all very talented kids. Let them play and learn together.

Assuming you mean Julian love and I agree. Balentine should go in for Haley I mean Jesus Christ Haley is just awful at everything.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Yeah Jones had a fine day, not great but still you could see he has everything to be a really solid qb.

Also, I like dexter Lawrence more and more.

And Iím very disappointed in grant Haley. Looked like a nickel with potential last year, but this year he seems overmatched and not athletic enough to make up for it

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Yeah Jones had a fine day, not great but still you could see he has everything to be a really solid qb.

And Iím very disappointed in grant Haley. Looked like a nickel with potential last year, but this year he seems overmatched and not athletic enough to make up for it
    Haley is awful. Time for love or balentine.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Jones Mania tricked a lot of us into believing we are contenders when we just aren't yet. And Daniel Jones is not a bad QB in this system. Yes he made a few mistakes and yes he was rushed a lot, but he has the right tools and make up IMO to be a stud. If people expected him to take off and be an MVP right away, they are mistaken. He will have his ups and downs, and if this is what his "downs" look like, I'm very happy

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Jones Mania tricked a lot of us into believing we are contenders when we just aren't yet. And Daniel Jones is not a bad QB in this system. Yes he made a few mistakes and yes he was rushed a lot, but he has the right tools and make up IMO to be a stud. If people expected him to take off and be an MVP right away, they are mistaken. He will have his ups and downs, and if this is what his "downs" look like, I'm very happy
    He has all the tools to be elite. We have holes to fix LB FS Pass rush but we arenít that far off from being good. One more good draft and some good FA signings with our cap we will be good
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Sterling Shepard back in the concussion protocol. That's 2 in the first 5 weeks. Definitely a situation to monitor. If he comes back and gets a 3rd, he's likely out for the year. Not that it's a standard or anything, but truly could turn into a huge issue moving forward.

If we enter a short Week 6 in New England without Saquon Barkley, Wayne Gallman, and Sterling Shepard, it's going to be a long night.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post

Yeah Lawrence looks great.

So far DG has had a couple solid drafts and a couple atrocious free agencies. Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast