Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 5: Vikings at Giants

Iím just glad Eliís not playing. Why that guy canít handle the color purple I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offensively, I'd like to see what we look like with Golden Tate out there. Daniel Jones has been so good at moving the sticks on 3rd down, and Tate is one of the very best in the NFL at helping with that. If the offensive line can keep protecting DJ, I think there will be plenty of chances to score because we'll continue keeping drives alive.

Defensively, it will be another test to see if we really are developing a pass rush. Minnesota's offensive line hasn't been great. Kirk Cousins isn't mobile at all. If this pass rush is legit, this is another game where they can get after the QB. My fear is if we cannot do that, then I'm not sure our DBs are going to cover Thielen and Diggs for 4-6 seconds at a time. The Vikings are going to try to establish the big play this game. If we cannot get to the QB, they're likely going to hit on a few.

Honestly, this is a game the Giants should lose. It's not that Jones and the offense won't put up enough points to warrant a victory, but their defense won't get destroyed and they have offensive weapons all over the place. But I think this is a D-Line statement game. They're going to hold Dalvin Cook to an inefficient game and they're going to force Cousins to beat them deep. And he won't. Jones makes enough plays to keep the pressure on the Vikings' offense and the Giants win 23 - 17.

Giants can win but not with a bunch of turnovers like they've had.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I'm looking forward to the game.....its good to be 2-2 at this point, unlike the Redskins at 0-4. Its good to see some direction and improvement from the team.

KC does not scare me ....he never has. Pressure Cousins, he'll do something stupid....he has a nice short game...but if we can bait him into throwing some deep balls, I think we can pick or get a hand on most of them...he doesn't see the safety help that well. If we mix it up with blitz packages and show blitz then back out....he'll get confused.

I think its ****ed up that the league scheduled us a short week vs two playoff teams....one being the SB champion on the back end.

I think we can itís just a matter of if DJ can keep doing what heís doing (throwing at the right opportunity) or whether the personnel change shifts his reads (forcing stuff to Tate).

Would feel better if we had the Barkley checkdown against their D and Iím not sure our DBs can match well with their offense.

I know Shurmur wants this one so hopefully itís a good one.

So we are razor thin at LB for this game. Davis and Ogletree out. Carter questionable. Connelly obviously gone. And Dalvin Cook is a beast.

Curious if Betcher tries more of a 4-3 approach to slow down Dalvin Cook on the interior with Lawrence and Tomlinson, with Ximenes getting 3 downs more often.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Vikings showing why theyíre a next level challenge for our rookie QB

I absolutely love what Slayton brings to this offense. Keeps defenses honest with that speed downfield.

If the D can get a stop I think we'll see Jones get a little more room in the mid-range passing game now.

Bethea is god damn awful. I wish we could eventually find a potent, starting caliber FS.

What at terrible play call by Shurmur. D gets the ball back and you line your backup, backup RB 7 yards behind the goal line with no FB to give up the easy safety. How about a screen play or bootleg option for your mobile QB?

Just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Bethea is god damn awful. I wish we could eventually find a potent, starting caliber FS.
    Don't understand why they don't let Julian Love get some reps. Bethea is completely washed up.

Not having any real LBers is just killing them in this game. That and Bethea not being able to even cover a TE.

Cousins is just soft tossing everything over the middle and they are racking up the YAC while Stupar, Mayo and Bethea are getting embarrassed over and over again.

Not sure what they can do at halftime other than get Ballantine and Love more secondary reps. I'd like to see Tauaefa get some time as well because Stupar and Mayo are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Don't understand why they don't let Julian Love get some reps. Bethea is completely washed up.
    Definitely might be worth a shot. I still have high hopes for Love.

That failed 4th and goal sucks but the 3rd down right before it was painful. Canít believe the announcers didnít call it out but Jones forced a fad to Engram while Sterling was wide open over the middle in the end zone. Ugh

Tough game here.

Lot of the roster deficiencies on full display. And Jones looks like a rookie.

Theyíre playing with an entire 2nd string of LBers so thereís that.

But Nate Solder.. just wow. Heís beginning to remind me of Flowers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast