Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Here is what is most frustrating because I dont know where to blame

On one hand..... U cant blame Nagy..... because You look at Reid. you look at Peterson. and they have success running.

You cant blame Harry because u have seen success from him b4.

You cant blame the players. because I think they have all shown it at some point. now maybe Long is Done. but one guy should not Kill your whole OL.... especially when 3 of our 5 starters have been either Hand drafted or Given extensions (massie and Cody) and I am sure under the advisement of both Nagy and Harry.

I mean.... I tend to lean Harry. idk why. Maybe its because its the easiest one to replace. especially because u just paid out for all these OL and it cant really be changed now. But I just find it hard to believe that Nagy cant run an running game while Peterson and Reid can. I find it hard to believe that an OL which was basically the same as this b4 nagy and harry was able to run effectively with Howard and now Howard is finding success with the eagles in the same style of system.

So I would not doubt that if this cant be fixed. Harry gets the chop. U cant blame it all on the players for Harry either. he has had to have say on at least 3 of the starters. And if you have 3 hand picked guys your OL should at least be running OK. maybe not elite..... But we sure are paying Cody and Massie as pretty elite players. and you got a high draft pick to mold in James Daniels. So why is this so hard.

This is a fair observation.

There's some blame to go around to everyone, but the percentages will vary depend on who you ask. In my Opinion:

Head Coach/Play calling: 30% -> He will struggle to call an effective game behind a untrustworthy line, but he HAS to make adjustments to put whatever he has in place to succeed (bring in more blockers, quick throws, etc.)

The O-line itself: 40% -> They get a bigger piece of the blame because most of these guys are returning from last year and have gone through most of the growing pains. Long himself gets a bigger piece of blame for being noticealbe bad, but part of that also falls on the O-line coach that leave him out their instead of seeing what they have in Barrs or Coward. Fora group of the same guys to be in the second year of an offense and get worse is really telling

O-line coach-> 30% : Similar critique to the O-line, same guy fom last year coaching up most of the same guys from last year. In addition, his choice to switch Daniels and Whitehair at G and C with the refusal to bench Long for bad play has lead to a major drop off on this line.

However,
    If that exact same line goes out their vs. NO in two weeks, then it's 100% on Nagy.
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    However,
    If that exact same line goes out their vs. NO in two weeks, then it's 100% on Nagy.
    Nagy keeps repeating that he thinks he knows what's wrong, so he's bought enough trust from me to believe we're going to see either a change of OL personnel against the Saints *or* a change in scheme to compensate for maintaining the same currently underperforming personnel.

I think the defense is going to have a field day on Bridgewater who simply cannot complete a pass further than just a few yards, so that should provide lots of short fields.

With the exception of those horrifying Trestman teams, we've always done well against Brees explicitly at Soldier (the opposite has been true in the dome, as is the case for most teams). So it's a shame that we won't get a true gauge of where we stack up against a Saints team that we'd potentially oppose in January, but I do firmly expect to walk out of Week 7 at 4-2.

Sounds like Brees isn't coming back until Week 9 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Here is what is most frustrating because I dont know where to blame

On one hand..... U cant blame Nagy..... because You look at Reid. you look at Peterson. and they have success running.

You cant blame Harry because u have seen success from him b4.

You cant blame the players. because I think they have all shown it at some point. now maybe Long is Done. but one guy should not Kill your whole OL.... especially when 3 of our 5 starters have been either Hand drafted or Given extensions (massie and Cody) and I am sure under the advisement of both Nagy and Harry.

I mean.... I tend to lean Harry. idk why. Maybe its because its the easiest one to replace. especially because u just paid out for all these OL and it cant really be changed now. But I just find it hard to believe that Nagy cant run an running game while Peterson and Reid can. I find it hard to believe that an OL which was basically the same as this b4 nagy and harry was able to run effectively with Howard and now Howard is finding success with the eagles in the same style of system.

So I would not doubt that if this cant be fixed. Harry gets the chop. U cant blame it all on the players for Harry either. he has had to have say on at least 3 of the starters. And if you have 3 hand picked guys your OL should at least be running OK. maybe not elite..... But we sure are paying Cody and Massie as pretty elite players. and you got a high draft pick to mold in James Daniels. So why is this so hard.
    You look at Reid and Petterson and they run real running plays the majority of the time not gadget crap. That's why Ajayi was so successful, that's why Howard has been good there.

You can blame Harry because the line was solid last year. You've seen major regression from just about everyone. I do blame run playcalling more than Harry.

The line should be better, all these guys have been proven to be league average or better for years. Mainly, scheme is bad. How are we seeing free blitzers constantly? We see free blitzers on pass plays with when we have more blockers than rushers. Something isn't right, blocks aren't being picked up in a lot of situations because our line isn't even recognizing/prepared for it. I'm so annoyed with this. Nagy is supposed to be some sort of offensive wizard and I'd rather have a Lovie Smith offense right now.

We have had supposed QB whisperers (Trestman, Gase) and offensive innovators (Nagy). Seems like when they come to the Bears eventually they all turn into Lovie Smith and John Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    We have had supposed QB whisperers (Trestman, Gase) and offensive innovators (Nagy). Seems like when they come to the Bears eventually they all turn into Lovie Smith and John Fox.
    Each can be explained pretty well imo -

Trestman seemed to be a pretty good offensive mind. He had a pretty good season with Cutty and McCown , and the next season lost the locker room (also had a historically bad defense both seasons)

Gase engineered Cutler's most efficient season as a bear, and then was gone; he did his job here.

Nagy was coach of the year last year and did his job pretty damn well.
    It's been seemingly disappointing so far but i think he's doing all he can with the personnel. Not to say he's been perfect by any means.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Each can be explained pretty well imo -

Trestman seemed to be a pretty good offensive mind. He had a pretty good season with Cutty and McCown , and the next season lost the locker room (also had a historically bad defense both seasons)

Gase engineered Cutler's most efficient season as a bear, and then was gone; he did his job here.

Nagy was coach of the year last year and did his job pretty damn well.
    It's been seemingly disappointing so far but i think he's doing all he can with the personnel. Not to say he's been perfect by any means.
    Coming into this season the Bears were being touted as having their best offensive personnel in a long time with an entire year and offseason under Nagy’s schemes. 101 went to 201, etc etc. Seems like we went backwards

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Coming into this season the Bears were being touted as having their best offensive personnel in a long time with an entire year and offseason under Nagy’s schemes. 101 went to 201, etc etc. Seems like we went backwards
    I think it did. The oline sucking plus Mitch not improving ruined that so far.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think the line is by far the biggest problem with the run game. I can't imagine how sharp Monty would look if he had an actual hole to run through. We are lucky he is getting 3-4 yards on most of his runs as he is already making a cut in the backfield. Olin Kruetz was talking the other day about needing to put in Coward in place of Long (and Olin loves Long) which I completely agree with. Seems like Coward has some power and nasty in him which is exactly what this line needs, in my uneducated opinion.

It's the offensive line....period.

They aren't getting any push and I feel the Whitehair/Daniel switch is affecting the production more than people realize.

Long is done. His injuries have caused him to fall off a cliff. He isn't the same player.

I'm not saying Nagy couldn't call better plays, but the root cause is the Oline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12