Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA Power Rankings and breakout candidates for all 30 teams

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-all-30-teams

What are your thoughts? Do you agree with the rankings and which player from which team interests you the most in terms of breakout candidate

As high as Utah is I still dont feel like they are getting enough love... Id have them over Denver and the rockets

As for the breakout player... I love the lakers in this in caruso... he has the skill and now he looks like a beast because of the lebron workout app lol
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-04-2019 at 02:01 AM.

Every year people overrate the **** out of Utah. Last year I was debating at least 3 people who agreed the Jazz would be the 3rd, and another one who claimed they'd be 2nd seed.

I don't get it. Will never understand it.

The teams main rotation literally didn't miss a game and we're all healthy. Rubio missed a handful but nothing serious.

I see the trend will continue again this season starting with the OP. A 32 yr old injury prone Conley ain't it bruh.
    Last edited by beasted86; 10-04-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Think Boston is a tad too high, and considering all the love I've heard Indy recieve after the moves they made, interesting they're ranked at the top of the bottom half of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Every year people overrate the **** out of Utah. Last year I was debating at least 3 people who agreed the Jazz would be the 3rd, and another one who claimed they'd be 2nd seed.

The teams main rotation literally didn't miss a game and we're all healthy. Rubio missed a handful but nothing serious.

I see the trend will continue again this season starting with the OP. A 32 yr old injury prone Conley ain't it bruh.
    You don't think they're a top 5 seed in the West? That's where they're ranked in this. They replaced Rubio with a top 10 PG, and replaced their awkwardly fitting front court partner in Derrick Favors with Bojan (yes I know he won't play much of the 4, just saying who they replaced Favors with in the starting lineup).

Conley-Mitchell-Bojan-Ingles-Gobert is a nasty closing lineup. And they only have Utah ranked as the 5th team in the West in this. I would be shocked if they finished lower than that.

PatC for the Bucks? How does Malika Andrews have a job? My guess it would hopefully be Brown or DDV.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    PatC for the Bucks? How does Malika Andrews have a job? My guess it would hopefully be Brown or DDV.
    It's a problem throughout the list when the writer is making predictions on teams they don't cover. The suggestion for the Pacers was that Sabonis develop a 3pt shot....not only does that show a lack of understanding about Sabonis and his game, it's a lack of understanding about the team in general.

I guess people just like the underdog teams. They are a really good team, but just like last year, they will be overwhelmed with star power in the playoffs.

This will be the 3rd year in a row Portland is predicted to finish as a low seed and/or miss the playoffs. Last 2 years they were the 3rd seed.

It's up to Mitchell in the playoffs. He is their closer but if he gets exposed like a lot of so called stars in thep layoffs they could be a disappointment relative to how they are rated.

They have guys that stat geeks love outside of Mitchell. But we will see when teams clamped down in the playoffs.

Teams change, players improve, other teams decline. To use past years as your reasoning why a team can be good/bad is super ignorant. Also, how is Conley injury prone? He played 70 games last year and had the best season of his career. In fact besides last year when he suffered a season ending injury, he's only had one season where he played less than 62 in the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    You don't think they're a top 5 seed in the West? That's where they're ranked in this. They replaced Rubio with a top 10 PG, and replaced their awkwardly fitting front court partner in Derrick Favors with Bojan (yes I know he won't play much of the 4, just saying who they replaced Favors with in the starting lineup).

Conley-Mitchell-Bojan-Ingles-Gobert is a nasty closing lineup. And they only have Utah ranked as the 5th team in the West in this. I would be shocked if they finished lower than that.
    I agree. I love the Conley and Bojam additions. I think they are both signi
    upgrades. Good post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Teams change, players improve, other teams decline. To use past years as your reasoning why a team can be good/bad is super ignorant. Also, how is Conley injury prone? He played 70 games last year and had the best season of his career. In fact besides last year when he suffered a season ending injury, he's only had one season where he played less than 62 in the past decade.
    I think you've just simply not been paying attention if you don't believe he's injury prone, it's clear. And Conley last year had empty stats. This is a team that saw Jonas V and Tyreke Evans also both put up 19+PPG over the last 2 seasons.

The Jazz don't have enough versatility or scoring. I don't trust in Conley or Bojan as a factor in the playoffs.

In the regular Season, teams like Denver & Utah will finish with very good records & the media will hype them up; but at the end of the day, they will be propped up just to be ran over by a team that has a Super Star. #ratings #game7

Raptors are to high.

Hawks & the Suns should be between 18-22

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

NBA Power Rankings and breakout candidates for all 30 teams

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    In the regular Season, teams like Denver & Utah will finish with very good records & the media will hype them up; but at the end of the day, they will be propped up just to be ran over by a team that has a Super Star. #ratings #game7

Raptors are to high.

Hawks & the Suns should be between 18-22
    Whenís the last time the 7th best team in the NBA won a title? Thatís what the article says about the Jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think you've just simply not been paying attention if you don't believe he's injury prone, it's clear. And Conley last year had empty stats. This is a team that saw Jonas V and Tyreke Evans also both put up 19+PPG over the last 2 seasons.

The Jazz don't have enough versatility or scoring. I don't trust in Conley or Bojan as a factor in the playoffs.
    As usual you don't have any substance to back up anything you're saying lol. How is he injury prone when he played 70 games this year and 69 games the year before last?

And please break down the difference between stats being "empty" and stats having value. Is it on Conley's shoulders to single handedly win every game for the Grizzlies? He scores efficiently and creates for his teammates at an elite rate, all while maintaining quality defense. How exactly are his stats empty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast