Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    I like Carlos but I don't know that I see him as a leader. Whatever. I guess we'll see. I do think that some kind of experience is usually a good thing but I guess ya just gotta give him some time. Seems kinds crazy that we're going from no managerial experience, which clearly led to some mistakes, to no experience at all. Hoping he'll learn quickly and be a real leader of this club.

The experience thing is a bit overblown.

Heck we have seen guys with tons of experience make bone head or questionable moves in big spots.

As far as handling the media goes, Beltran was one of the more calm demeanor players I ever have seen and heavily criticize for it. I think he will handle the media just fine, he is not a guy to answer a question by being a smart *** or threat somebody or treat them bad, the dude is very religious.

The bottom line is if he has better players or the ones that had bad years in 2019 do better he will be good at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The experience thing is a bit overblown.

Heck we have seen guys with tons of experience make bone head or questionable moves in big spots.

As far as handling the media goes, Beltran was one of the more calm demeanor players I ever have seen and heavily criticize for it. I think he will handle the media just fine, he is not a guy to answer a question by being a smart *** or threat somebody or treat them bad, the dude is very religious.

The bottom line is if he has better players or the ones that had bad years in 2019 do better he will be good at his job.
    See Jeff Torborg and Art Howe , managers with experience who failed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    See Jeff Torborg and Art Howe , managers with experience who failed here.
    Bobby V and Terry has incredible success.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Bobby V and Terry has incredible success.
    Dallas Green and George Bamberger did not. Point is, inexperience among Met managers didnt lead to failure any more than managers with previous experience led to success. Either the the team will be good or bad. That will be what matters. Beltran, for the most part, will go along for the ride.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 11-02-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    I like Carlos but I don't know that I see him as a leader. Whatever. I guess we'll see. I do think that some kind of experience is usually a good thing but I guess ya just gotta give him some time. Seems kinds crazy that we're going from no managerial experience, which clearly led to some mistakes, to no experience at all. Hoping he'll learn quickly and be a real leader of this club.
    What do you mean no experience at all? Beltran has spent his entire career in baseball. This isn't cardiac surgery we're talking about here. This is isn't oncology. Yes, I'd spend a lot less time worrying about replacing Mickey than trying to replace someone like GottaBelieve, as if that could be done anyway.

Experience isn't my concern. I just don't know if he has the personality to be a manager. We'll find out soon enough.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940