Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Hayes helps the pk BIG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Hayes helps the pk BIG TIME.
    definitely does as does lindblom, niskanen, better provorov, braun. Lots more stability and skill on it. Hayes, couts, laughton provide great pk at center with giroux occasionally getting draws. Also a great goalie, hart's save was aa huge momentum shifter. Can't say the last time our pk GAVE us momentum instead of killing us.

It's a far better coaching staff and I was all for the Hayes signing due to his defensive abilities as a center.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    It's a far better coaching staff and I was all for the Hayes signing due to his defensive abilities as a center.
    i don't remember the last time we had 4 reliable centers in couts-hayes-patrick-laughton. First time in a while i've been this excited to see a game. The last 40 minutes of the devils game was reaally fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i don't remember the last time we had 4 reliable centers in couts-hayes-patrick-laughton. First time in a while i've been this excited to see a game. The last 40 minutes of the devils game was reaally fun to watch
    They are now a forechecking and trapping team. They are far more aggressive under this coaching staff.

https://t.co/ONDvXcuCOg

Myers and Farabee looking nasty ... Hagg and Laughton when Patty gets back better keep up their play ... we are deep

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    https://t.co/ONDvXcuCOg

Myers and Farabee looking nasty ... Hagg and Laughton when Patty gets back better keep up their play ... we are deep
    patrick coming back has nothing to do with laughton being out of the lineup...its bunnamen, twarynski, pitclick who might lose a job if farabee gets called up. Laughton is the 4C for sure

i don't remember the last time we had 4 reliable centers in couts-hayes-patrick-laughton
    giroux-briere-couturier-talbot in 2012; carter-richards-briere-betts in 2010.
    They are now a forechecking and trapping team. They are far more aggressive under this coaching staff.
    also: the personnel is more experienced, less unreliable, and hayes is a massive upgrade over filppula, cousins, laughton, vorobyev, white, vandevelde, umberger and lehtera.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    giroux-briere-couturier-talbot in 2012; carter-richards-briere-betts in 2010.
    also: the personnel is more experienced, less unreliable, and hayes is a massive upgrade over filppula, cousins, laughton, vorobyev, white, vandevelde, umberger and lehtera.
    ya its been a while though. 2012 seems like a decade ago lol

voracek has been so bad omfg. So glad AV benched him for most of the third and ot.

patrick coming back has nothing to do with laughton being out of the lineup...its bunnamen, twarynski, pitclick who might lose a job if farabee gets called up. Laughton is the 4C for sure
    Iím starting to like Pitlick and Raf better.

voracek has been so bad omfg. So glad AV benched him for most of the third and ot.
    Voracek and G need to start potting real points, or this team is boned for 2 years regardless
    Last edited by castan_b; 10-13-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Voracek and G need to start potting real points, or this team is boned for 2 years regardless
    Relax, both are notoriously slow starters. lol

Iím starting to like Pitlick and Raf better.
    ya but all 3 together would make a nice 4th line. Who would be the center on that line if no laughton?

ya but all 3 together would make a nice 4th line. Who would be the center on that line if no laughton?
    brian boyle is available.
    going by my own personal eye-test, i think G has showed some feistiness through 3 games; JVR, too; definitely hayes.

otoh, voracek has gotten lost.

it's worth noting how tough the flyers schedule has been over the last two weeks. they went from philly to switzerland to prague, back to philly, then to vancouver. that's a ton of jet lag for all of the players to deal with, but voracek also had the additional stress of playing in front of family and friends in the czech republic.

i've been the leader of the "trade voracek now" bandwagon for the last 3+ years, but he deserves a fair amount of slack in this case, imo. let's see what he looks like on november 1.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast