Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Also worth noting the Couturier line drew the toughest matchup against Toews line and absolutely dominated.

Laughton line drew the 2nd toughest matchup against the DeBrincat-Strome line and held their own.

The Hayes line got by far the easiest minutes facing guys like Kampf and Kubalik. That line has to produce if they are going to be matched against easier competition.
    ya they definitely need to put some points up if that continues. This could be a great thing too. If couts line can do its thing against the top lines and the 4th line of raff-laughts-whoever can provide some solid defense in relief of hayes/patricks line it would open up so much more for opportunities for g/voracek to do damage...they just need to convert.

If patrick can get his offense going im going with this:

lindblom-couts-tk (this is a line that would be great in the playoffs)
    g-patrick-voracek
    jvr-hayes-farabee
    raffl-laughton-twarynsky/pitlck

hayes and laugton's line could definitely match up against 2nd lines on other teams to give patricks an easier matchup. Would rather have hayes going against 2nd lines than patrcik and if hayes is, then g/voracek would be better off on a line that doesnt see top 6 competition so they can dominate
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 10-05-2019 at 03:33 PM.

I'm more amused with it than anything. I'm well aware of regardless of what titles are given and whatever usage he decides to use that Couturier is line 1 regardless. He's just that much better than every single player on the roster. With Lindblom arguably our 2nd best all around forward on the roster, and Konecny being arguably our most skilled goal scorer, that line has the potential to be one of the best in the NHL.
    It's funny you mentioned the lindblom thing. I was watching that game w my gf and told her "hes a younger couturier, who happens to play the wing".
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    this would be the case if he was farabee, frost, or a bottom 6 player. We need voracek, one of our top 3 scorers, to do what he is paid to do...score. He can be a solid possession player and all but if he doesn't score it does hurt us as we don't have 5 70 pt players. We definitely need him to score more than 50
    - He wont be a top 3 goal scorer or point getter

- 50 pts is fine. IF he does the small things hes refused to do for his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    - He wont be a top 3 goal scorer or point getter

- 50 pts is fine. IF he does the small things hes refused to do for his whole career.
    It's not fine if he's getting pp1 usage and in the flyers top 3-4 fwds in ice time and only scoring 50 getting easier matchups.

It's funny you mentioned the lindblom thing. I was watching that game w my gf and told her "hes a younger couturier, who happens to play the wing".
    Why I've consistently said he needs to be protected in expansion. Flyers are going to hare some interesting decisions to make.

Why I've consistently said he needs to be protected in expansion. Flyers are going to hare some interesting decisions to make.
    Funny in like a weird way. Like we never uttered that here. And I've never heard it anywhere else. However independently we both came to the same conclusion

It's not fine if he's getting pp1 usage and in the flyers top 3-4 fwds in ice time and only scoring 50 getting easier matchups.
    Hes easily going to surpass 40 assists. I just expect him to come up short of 20 goals

Something like
    18 GS 44 assists

But I don't thinn he NEEDS to be over that arbitrary 60 pts number to be valuable and effective for the team. Just needs to be better defensively and cut down the bad turnovers. That'll counteract any loss of point production. Imo.

Also think with TK and lindblom growing, while hayes adds his numbers it's less important for jake to produce the simple numbers and more important that he plays a better 200 ft game.

Hes easily going to surpass 40 assists. I just expect him to come up short of 20 goals

Something like
    18 GS 44 assists

But I don't thinn he NEEDS to be over that arbitrary 60 pts number to be valuable and effective for the team. Just needs to be better defensively and cut down the bad turnovers. That'll counteract any loss of point production. Imo.

Also think with TK and lindblom growing, while hayes adds his numbers it's less important for jake to produce the simple numbers and more important that he plays a better 200 ft game.
    He needs to be a better defensive forward than he has been in the past. He's coughed the puck up at his own blue line too many times.

Unless you are Vignault and think that Hayes line is your 1st line lol!
    G/hayes/V:
    14 20+ goal seasons
    17 50+ point seasons
    7 25+ goal seasons
    7 80+ point seasons
    23.8 MM cap hit

lindblom/couturier/konecny:
    4 20+ goal seasons
    2 50+ point seasons
    2 25+ goal seasons
    0 80+ point seasons
    11MM cap hit

Also, if you play with couturier, you put up points.
    there's more evidence of that being true for giroux (and voracek) than there is of it being true for couturier.

-- g+v dragged michael raffl to a 20-goal season
    -- g+v turned couturier from someone who had never scored 40 points in a season, into someone who's coming off consecutive 30+ goal, 70+ point seasons.

but anyway, these points of view aren't mutually exclusive. there's a very good chance that g+v and couturier are each capable of substantially improving the performance of their linemates.

it's worth pointing out again that hayes has never had linemates as talented as g+v. there's a very real chance that hayes meshes with g+v (the same way couturier did two years ago) and puts up a couturier-esque 30+ goals and 70+ points this year. i'd put the odds of that happening somewhere between 1-in-5 and 1-in-3.

now when you add that to konecny having a breakout season, it's quite possible the flyers will have 2 of the best 5v5 lines in the NHL this year.

...but of course, that's not going to happen if voracek only scores 50 points in 80 games.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    G/hayes/V:
    14 20+ goal seasons
    17 50+ point seasons
    7 25+ goal seasons
    7 80+ point seasons
    23.8 MM cap hit

lindblom/couturier/konecny:
    4 20+ goal seasons
    2 50+ point seasons
    2 25+ goal seasons
    0 80+ point seasons
    11MM cap hit

there's more evidence of that being true for giroux (and voracek) than there is of it being true for couturier.

-- g+v dragged michael raffl to a 20-goal season
    -- g+v turned couturier from someone who had never scored 40 points in a season, into someone who's coming off consecutive 30+ goal, 70+ point seasons.

but anyway, these points of view aren't mutually exclusive. there's a very good chance that g+v and couturier are each capable of substantially improving the performance of their linemates.

it's worth pointing out again that hayes has never had linemates as talented as g+v. there's a very real chance that hayes meshes with g+v (the same way couturier did two years ago) and puts up a couturier-esque 30+ goals and 70+ points this year. i'd put the odds of that happening somewhere between 1-in-5 and 1-in-3.

now when you add that to konecny having a breakout season, it's quite possible the flyers will have 2 of the best 5v5 lines in the NHL this year.

...but of course, that's not going to happen if voracek only scores 50 points in 80 games.
    There is so much wrong with all of this logic, but I just don't care enough to argue about it. It's a wonder the y couldn't produce while getting to see 3rd+4th lines while Couturier's line just flat out made the Blackhawks 1st line their *****, but hey I guess that was all coincidental.

Something like
    18 GS 44 assists

Voracek can easily score 60 points every year and can has the potential to get to 70-80pts if he puts his mind to it. Just because guys like tk/lindblom will help the scoring doesn't mean we don't need voracek, a guy who is on the top pp and plays in the top 6, to score more than 60. By that logic, if guys like stamkos/points/tyjo/palat score 60+ then they dont need kucherov to get 100. We aren't tampa.

We need our offensive guys to produce. If we are find with voracek, who makes 8 mill a year, to average 60 pts a year then get rid of him for a guy who can get 60 points (not hard to do on our top 6 and top pp) with HALF that cap hit who can do the same.

There is so much wrong with all of this logic, but I just don't care enough to argue about it. It's a wonder the y couldn't produce while getting to see 3rd+4th lines while Couturier's line just flat out made the Blackhawks 1st line their *****, but hey I guess that was all coincidental.
    it's one game.

-- konecny's 1st goal was almost entirely self-created; no other flyer touched it
    -- konecny's 2nd goal came at 4v4; he was on the ice with laughton, sanheim and provorov
    -- lindblom's PP goal took 3 deflections before it went in the net
    -- CHI's only 5v5 goal came against the couturier line

but again, it's one game.

is patrcik going to come back this year?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    is patrcik going to come back this year?
    He's listed as week to week with that migraine disorder. So... I'd say he'll probably be back by Thanksgiving...

Is the sandman our #1 dman?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast