Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    No MacDonald, Weise, Lehtera, or other scrubs. We have a #1 goalie. Guys like Myers, Frost, and Farabee knocking at the door. There's the Patrick kid when he gets healthy. It is FINALLY a good time to be a Flyers fan.

Who said that I hate him? I was one of the guys defending bringing in Hayes in the off-season lol! The 1st lines job(in name only really) is to create offense. They won the possession battle, but they really didn't look dangerous Offensively at all.
    trust the process.

as long as they continue to play well, the goals will come.
    No MacDonald, Weise, Lehtera, or other scrubs. We have a #1 goalie. Guys like Myers, Frost, and Farabee knocking at the door. There's the Patrick kid when he gets healthy. It is FINALLY a good time to be a Flyers fan.
    i suspect many fans will be surprised by what's possible when the GM doesn't piss away 1/4 of his caproom on the worst players in the NHL.
    Agree w most of this assessment through two.
    one more thought from the game:

this team looked best when CHI opened play up and forced the flyers to counter a more up and down style. i think that's going to be a theme for this team, since we have (at least) 2 centers who are excellent at backchecking, and we have (at least) 3 defensemen who are excellent at jumping into the offensive attack.

i know fletcher's primary main objective this summer was to improve the defense, but in order to leverage the talent on the roster, the coaching staff is going to have to pivot to a more freeflowing style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    konecny looks like he's taking a big step forward.

lindblom showed some pretty amazing puck control on his goal.

the D corps looks very unsteady. provorov has made a few disastrous mistakes in the neutral zone.

hart's playing really well.

i haven't noticed pitlick, bunnaman, twarynski, raffl or laughton too much; i'd say that's a good thing.

i also haven't noticed giroux or ghost very much, either; that's not so good.

sanheim has drawn two penalties.

we're winning a ton of faceoffs again.
    fun note... entire post game crew said Prov is being asked to do so much more than any other guy and was damn good even with that turnover that led to that soft goal that hart should have stopped... They went on to say that Prov is playing the most minutes while guarding the best guys and being relied upon so much more and that is asking a ton from anyone esp a guy who struggled last year with confidence but will step up to the plate... 3 people on post game crew basically ***** on your analysis do you want the video as proof?

prov played 3 more minutes then nisk and 4 more minutes then every other defensemen and was 2nd to only ghost on the PP but played the most time on ice SH...... interesting that this is ignored.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-05-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Couturier line best line and better pp unit? Shocker. All lines did their job aside from the Hayes line. Don't like that line at all.
    couts period is by far our best player and has been for a long time now... the dude is a god and his line will be great because he is amazing

as far as vor and G... vor said it best... he can live with scoring 50 points instead of 85 like G if it means they make the playoffs and go for a cup... that is where these 2 guys are right now... regular season means nothing to them in terms of points/goals etc... they want a cup.. good ****

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    as far as vor and G... vor said it best... he can live with scoring 50 points instead of 85 like G if it means they make the playoffs and go for a cup... that is where these 2 guys are right now... regular season means nothing to them in terms of points/goals etc... they want a cup.. good ****
    thats good and all but we wont make the playoffs if voracek plays like crap and we wont go far in the playoffs if he plays like crap...

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    thats good and all but we wont make the playoffs if voracek plays like crap and we wont go far in the playoffs if he plays like crap...
    If he back checks and controls the puck he doesnt have to put up big points numbers to be a valuable piece to a successful team.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

fun note... entire post game crew said Prov is being asked to do so much more than any other guy and was damn good even with that turnover that led to that soft goal that hart should have stopped... They went on to say that Prov is playing the most minutes while guarding the best guys and being relied upon so much more and that is asking a ton from anyone esp a guy who struggled last year with confidence but will step up to the plate... 3 people on post game crew basically ***** on your analysis do you want the video as proof?
    i'm not sure how any of that is a rebuttal of what i said.
    trade him now.
    right. this is your 1st line RW, on the #1 PP unit; he needs to ****ing score points.

i get the instinct to be unselfish, to put team success ahead of individual success, but my god, know your role guy.

trade him now. right. this is your 1st line RW, on the #1 PP unit; he needs to ****ing score points.

i get the instinct to be unselfish, to put team success ahead of individual success, but my god, know your role guy.
    If you're not playing with couturier, you're not on the first line.

Also, if you play with couturier, you put up points.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    If you're not playing with couturier, you're not on the first line.

Also, if you play with couturier, you put up points.
    Unless you are Vignault and think that Hayes line is your 1st line lol!

trade him now. right. this is your 1st line RW, on the #1 PP unit; he needs to ****ing score points.

Agreed. While Jake doesn’t care if he puts up 55 points instead of 80, or G does 65 instead of 90 ... we’d be a lot better if they did put those numbers up.

Killer instinct wins cups

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Unless you are Vignault and think that Hayes line is your 1st line lol!
    Lol. I dont believe he actually thinks that. I think since that's the veteran line he's willing to assign them that number.

Couts and tk led all flyers forwards in ES TOI, being used as line 1.

Also, weirdly couts had a 100% Ozone start% if this continues, hello mvp season for TK.

Also worth noting the Couturier line drew the toughest matchup against Toews line and absolutely dominated.

Laughton line drew the 2nd toughest matchup against the DeBrincat-Strome line and held their own.

The Hayes line got by far the easiest minutes facing guys like Kampf and Kubalik. That line has to produce if they are going to be matched against easier competition.

Lol. I dont believe he actually thinks that. I think since that's the veteran line he's willing to assign them that number.

Couts and tk led all flyers forwards in ES TOI, being used as line 1.

Also, weirdly couts had a 100% Ozone start% if this continues, hello mvp season for TK.
    I'm more amused with it than anything. I'm well aware of regardless of what titles are given and whatever usage he decides to use that Couturier is line 1 regardless. He's just that much better than every single player on the roster. With Lindblom arguably our 2nd best all around forward on the roster, and Konecny being arguably our most skilled goal scorer, that line has the potential to be one of the best in the NHL.

If he back checks and controls the puck he doesnt have to put up big points numbers to be a valuable piece to a successful team.
    this would be the case if he was farabee, frost, or a bottom 6 player. We need voracek, one of our top 3 scorers, to do what he is paid to do...score. He can be a solid possession player and all but if he doesn't score it does hurt us as we don't have 5 70 pt players. We definitely need him to score more than 50

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast